Comodo Virtual Service Manager

W10 Famille - 21H1 - 19043.1165 / CFW : 12.2.2.8012

Hello,

An error with Comodo VSM.

I don’t know if I am a special case.

I confirm, checked it on my Windows 7…

I have 87 of those error events: “The COMODO Virtual Service Manager service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this x time(s).”
The error events started to happen about 2 months after 8012 was installed.

The error event seems to happen when an application has been run in containment and then “Reset the Container” is executed.
For example, run explorer.exe in containment then close contained explorer and then “Reset the Container” → new error event.

With an empty container the error event does not happen after executing “Reset the Container”.

Can this be related to a Windows update ?

You are right.
After testing it is indeed after the container reset that this error occurs.

Same under Windows 10 Pro x64 19043.1202

Le service COMODO Virtual Service Manager s’est terminé de façon inattendue pour la 2ème fois.

• 7034 0 2 0 0 0x8080000000000000 76965 System R*****
  • COMODO Virtual Service Manager 2 63006D006400760069007200740068000000

Another case in which the error event occurs:

• Start Virtual Desktop
  • Close virtual Desktop
  • Reset the Container

I think the error event occurs in all cases in which the container has been used and then “Reset the Container” is executed.

No error event occurs with an already empty container.

Hi All,

Thank you for reporting, let me check and update you.

The error event seems to happen when an application has been run in containment and then "Reset the Container" is executed. For example, run explorer.exe in containment then close contained explorer and then "Reset the Container" -> new error event.
Hi CISfan & domo78,

Thank you for bringing this to our notice, the issue is confirmed and we will report this to the team .