comodo virtual desktop not loading

I have windows 10 Home 22H2 OS build 19045.4894, CIS Version 12.2.2.8012 database ver 37148. when I click on Virtual Desktop in the CIS UI , a black box popups saying “Virtual Desktop loading” but nothing happens. I tried to delete virtkiosk.exe but even if I try to change the permission to administrator instead of system I still cannot delete it.

I do not wish to uninstall comodo 8012, as I understand from the series of summaries I get from Comodo, users who have installed comodo 2025 have stated of errors of certificate being revoked, and other files not being installed or found. I am hoping that this issue will be resolved in the new year, so that I can install the new version. But I will still keep the 8012 until this is fixed. Is there a work around for virtual desktop issue. please give details.

1 Like

Hi Grag11 !

Did he install the necessary add-ons the first time you used the Virtual Desktop?

1 Like

Hi grail11,

Thank you for reporting.
Virtual desktop supposed to run without any issue, are you using any other security sofware other than CIS ?
May i know your CIS theme ? (Goto CIS setting → General → Theme)

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

For me, it was quite the opposite…

Comodo CIS Pro no longer worked because of the Certificate problem, but I could launch virtkiosk.exe by hand from the C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security folder and the Virtual Desktop would launch…

So it looks like virtkiosk.exe didn’t have a Certificate problem itself.

Hi Overclocker-001,

Thank you for the information.
We will test and update you.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

the theme is Arcadia Theme. The other security is Comodo Dome Shield and Malwarebytes. Funny thing Secure Shopping use to not work for a while, now it is working but not the virutal desktop. No Add-ons were installed on the first install for the Virtual Desktop. What would the add-ons be and where could I find them; how to download and install them if virtual desktop not loading at all. Also how does one log out when done posting a question from this site? thanks for your response.