comodo version 8 and 10 on windows 10 creates problems on some programs [M2158]

The problem is that comodo for some reason block some calls and some programs fail to work. I show here the lightwave, but is not limited to only this one.

What is done here. After I run the program ones, then the comodo not allow it to run second time, until the first one close.
I have tested on computer but also on virtual machines, with comodo, installed, uninstalled, again installed and all that.

Here is a screen shot trying to demonstrate the issue.

What we see on this screen shot

1. the lightwave is running ones, but there are 3 instance of it.
  2. the other tow instance that shown on process explorer are eat 25% each from the process stack on one call that is called “GetHardwareSeialNumber”

Now, if I close the running program the next one is run -

I do not know what else can say to help you but bug makes me crazy and try to avoid it many days now but fail.
Thank you in advanced
Aristos

I have make many tests, like uninstall comodo antivirus, close all comodo checks, add this files on trusted, even disable some of the services on comodo. The problem still exist if comodo firewall runs

Are you sure you’re supposed to be able to run more than once instance of the application? Have you tried uninstalling CIS and then open multiple instances of the program? Also try to add the application to the exclusions of detect shellcode injections under HIPS settings to see if that allows you to run more than one copy of the program.

Are you sure you’re supposed to be able to run more than once instance of the application?
Yes of course this program runs more than once instance.

Years now working with this programs and also use comodo firewall from the time that was called other name that I dont remember now.

Have you tried uninstalling CIS and then open multiple instances of the program?
Yes ! more than one times make this tests try to find the issue.

Also try to add the application to the exclusions of detect shellcode injections
under HIPS settings to see if that allows you to run more than one copy of the program.
I have make many test with the HIPS, disable, enable, disable all - still testing it and now, but not find a way to make it work.

Just checked on Windows 7 and there’s a max 1% CPU. Any particular steps?

I use windows 10 64 bit, both normal and virtual machine tests. Not tested on other older versions, not remember to have issues before windows 10.

No particular steps, they just not work together. I have also remove all rules from comodo for test, but still not working.

You say its not limited to lightwave, can you list other applications this issue appears with? Are the other applications that cant be run more than once related to lightware or are they completely different applications?

lightwave come with two separate programs, the modeler and the layout. Both they communicate using a hub program.

Now both modeler and layout not leave the one the other to run and both they lock out. Also test it with hub on and off (meaning not leave them to communicate together.

Other program that I have notice similar behavior (not allow it to read something from registry) is and old one that is coming from inside the company and is not known application. So on this “private” program we get message error and not allow it to run properly - fail to register in general - but I can not locate the point of error at this time, like locate it on the lightwave and show on capture.

Well I Just tried on Windows 10 x64 and I could run more than once instance of both LW layout and LW modeler. Do you have any other security related software installed?

Edit: Do you have enhanced protection mode enabled or disabled in HIPS settings? I tried with it enabled.

Do you also have other comodo products installed such as secure shopping and/or internet security essentials? If you tried adding the applications to detect shellcode injections exclusions make sure you close all instances of the applications then run it again for the exclusion to take effect.

Just checked it with TeamViewer. The problem is that when you run multiple processes that belong to LightWave, CPU usage is abnormal. It may also delay/block execution of other instances of LightWave.
It’s a default configuration. Looks like a subtle issue. Disabling shellcode detection completely does not fix it. Uninstalling ISE does not fix it either. Secure Shopping is not installed.

It is possibly caused by cmdhlp after some experiments. Odd issue. Seems like it affects version 8 branch as well.

I’ve reported the issue.

Please check PM.

Thanks.

Please check again with Comodo Internet Security v10.0.1.6209 thanks.

Thank you for the replay - I check it on two computers and still not working with the same behavior.

Please check with Comodo Internet Security v10.0.1.6294 thank you.

After the recent CIS 10 update, my processor been very busy thus makes it very hot. Since I do not have an offline installer of the old CIS 10 version, I am forced to downgrade to CIS 8. What’s with CIS 10 then?

With CIS 8.4.0.5165 my computer runs smoother and cooler. Except that during update, the recognizer returns an error “File not found” and I do not see CryptoLocker.dll in the “proto_v6” folder when compared to other computers I have.

I am using Windows 7 64-bit (with the latest Windows Updates).
Edit: Laptop Lenovo T420 i5, 8GB RAM with plenty of HDD space

Hi, netsvc.

Thank you for reporting but for further investigation your issue we need more information when the issue is reproducing with installed CIS 10. Please try to reproduce issue and provide us screenshots of Process explorer. Provide two screenshots - the first of them should contain information sorted by uses CPU and the second should contain information sorted by uses memory. You can download Process Explorer here. Screenshot example is attached.

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards,
Sergey.

If my time permits I will do that and send you the screenshot. Thank you