Comodo v5 causing lost cursor at sign in page on WinXP

I am running Win XP Home SP3 on my PC and since installing Comodo CIS 2011 v5 last Thursday I find that for some reason I have no flashing cursor at the Windows sign in page and have to use CTRL+ALT+DELETE to enter my password in order to sign in to my account each time. Everything else appears to be working as it should but each time I log off of my PC I find that the flashing cursor has disappeared and I cannot sign in on the normal screen but have to use the alternate version as stated above. It is most definitely v5 as I did not have this problem with v4 and as a further proof I uninstalled v5 to find that the missing cursor was now working but disappeared again as soon as I reinstalled v5. Anyone got any idea how to resolve this problem?.

Hi bluesjunior

Did you do a clean install of CIS 5? or did you import your v4 config in to it?
Does the CIS eventlog show any blocked issues after you have logged in?
Can you verify Windows Eventlogs to see if it records anything that could be related?

Hi Ronny,

I did a clean install of v5 both times. I uninstalled using Revo then rebooted and used the clean up tool and then checked the program Files and Doc&Settings for left over folders. So it was a very clean install both times. Nothing in the Comodo or Windows logs. It just seems to be a bug but it is irritating. If it happened to someone who didn’t know about the ctrl+alt+delete they wouldn’t be able to sign in to windows.

Can you try to set D+ to permanent disabled in it’s advanced settings? and reboot to see if that helps.
If so we know it’s related to D+ doing something…

I tried that and have a flashing cursor on reboot but it disappeared as soon as I signed out of my account again. So I reapplied Def+ and rebooted again and I again have the flashing cursor sign and can sign into my account normally again but as soon as I sign out again the cursor disappears. The problem seems to be how Comodo affects the Windows signing out process?.

We would very much appreciate it if you would edit your first post to create an issue report in line with the bug forum guidelines and format here. You can copy and paste the format from this topic.

To understand the reasons why we ask you to follow these guidelines please see below.

WHY WE ASK YOU TO FOLLOW THESE GUIDELINES
Bugs/issues can be impossible or very time consuming to fix if developers don’t have enough information to reproduce them. Since CIS is free, development time is limited. So if you want your issue fixed, please use the format below to describe it.

To avoid clutter, issues not described in the format below your post will not be moved to the ‘moderator verified’ issues topic. This means that the developers may not look at it.

Best wishes and many thanks in anticipation

Mouse

We would very much appreciate it if you would edit your first post to create an issue report in line with the bug forum guidelines and format here. You can copy and paste the format from this topic.

Best wishes and many thanks

Mouse

May be CIS is not working properly together with other installed applications. Try disabling other security programs that run in the background. Do the same thing for network related programs like Netlimiter, Zenmap etc. Does that change the situation or not?

Unfortunately we do need this issue to be reported in the right format, and with all the information we have asked for, if we are to forward it to verified issues.

For the moment I am going to move it to the Orphaned/Resolved child board. If you do manage to edit your post to create a complete issue report in standard format, and PM an active mod, we will of course consider moving it to verified reports.

The devs only look at the Orphaned/Resolved board if they have time, so please do edit the post and PM an active mod if you want it fixed.

Best wishes and many thanks in anticipation

Mouse