COMODO Time Machine can not initialize operating system information

Hello forum,
CTM reported I have 0 free space (on a HD with 75G free) and crashed. Now it thinks it has no HD Space to Boot up on a New Dell PC (Win8 x64) and, of course, I can’t get to safe mode to delete the Ridiculous amount of snapshots, that are obviously taking up 75G of space (Set CTM to only do User/ Manual Snapshots, btw)?
I understand there’s a CTM Defragger out there that will allow you to delete the snapshots, but, that does me no good if I can’t get it to boot.
PC dead in the water, after not even a month with CTM installed. >:(

Well, SlimFady. That says it all. ( CTM’s latest version CTM2.9beta was released in Sept. 2010, and Win8’s official release date is in Oct. 2012 )

So why would you think CTM can be installed on Win8 systems ?

Might be time to look for an alternative. Not sure of a good one though. :embarassed:

I notice nobody’s posted a sufficient solution. Consider it solved.

I’m building a seven-machine crazystation out of early-2000s Dell PCs in XP Pro. Time Machine is the best thing since sliced bread and fundamental to my evil schemes. All the machines got up and running, then a Dimension 3000’s hard drive crapped over and died. I swapped in a new one from a curbside trash-pick, FORMATTED it in NTFS and Comodo TM wouldn’t load (in the manner y’all’ve experienced). “Can’t jibe with the OS”? What kind of handicap is that?

Came here. Read all.

Downloaded “EaseUS Partition Master 8.0.1 Home Edition”. Deleted and recreated partitions.

This ACHIEVED NOTHING.

• I re-installed XP, deleting the partition.
  • I re-installed XP with the “repair” option.
  • I did a full XP install from a Dell OEM CD, SP2.
  • I did a full XP install from a slipstreamed SP3 CD.

(Think about how much more severe this was than what some of y’all were trying.) Nothing worked.

I was about to image another machine’s hard drive and try building from that…

Then I remembered I’d seen a second line in my BOOT.INI file listing “XP Home”. I didn’t install XP Home. I’d cropped out that second entry and gone along my merry way. Now I was having OS recognition issues with CTM… Hmm…

I dusted off my old “Ultimate Boot CD for Windows” (look it up) and ran some (every) disk diagnostic it had. It checked out fine. Checked the Master Boot Record of the HDD. Seemed okay. Checked the “deeper” option in one diagnostic. Found “an error written in MBR”. ??? Eradicated the MBR. Eradicated the "first 63 kB " of the MBR. OVERWROTE the MBR. Used every tool on the CD to stomp on the MBR. Made a new partition. Put away the Ultimate Boot CD. Reinstalled XP with deletion of that partition. Slow-formatted that partition with NTFS.

CTM installed just fine. Your mileage may vary.

SUMMARY: It’s an MBR thing, which kinda makes sense given where CTM lives it’s sneaky life. Read the CTM Operator’s Manual and see its many warnings about dual booting and rearranging drive hardware. I’m figuring at some point somebody tried to rig my old drive for multi-boot capability and that configuration wasn’t being gotten rid of.

Cheers,
A.C