Please post all bug reports & BSOD’s here and make sure to include:

1. Your Operating System (32 or 64 bit) and Service Pack revision
  2. Other Security and Utility Software Installed
  3. Step by step description to reproduce the issue
  4. How you tried to resolve the problem
  5. Upload Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any
  6. Attach screenshots to your posts to clarify the issue further
  7. Any other information you think that might be useful

It’s vital to provide all this information, so the developers can quickly identify and fix bugs faster.

Thanks,
Haibo

Hello and thanks for your development. Now here is my bug report:

1. Windows XP Home 32 bit SP 3
  2. Wondershare Time Freeze, Tune Up 2010, GData Total Care
  3. I tried to install CTM several times, after the first reboot during installation CTM is installed, accessible and working,but after a (normal) shutdown and reboot of the PC CTM has vanished:
    CTM de-installs itself, the installation folders created during the installation procedure of CTM on C:\program files are empty (but still they are existent).
  4. Stopped trying to install…
  5. I should add that once I had CTM 2.7 installed (and deinstalled, after which MBR was a little “confused”, but it could be repaired “by Windows” itself). CTM 2.7 worked fine for me, by the way.
    In between the de-installation of CTM 2.7 and the installation of CTM 2.9 I once used System Restore from Windows, restoring to a system restore point which had been created after the de-installation of CTM 2.7.

cu, thanks in advance for your help.

Of course I should add that Wondershare Time Freeze had been switched to the “off-Position”, thus acncould not have been the reason for the self-deinstallation.

Most of the times, disable is not enough as you’ll have a conflict at driver level…

Hi Commodore67,
There maybe a confict between the Wondershare Time Freeze and CTM.

Regards

;D :-TU Just an observation. Not many bugs being reorted in Beta 2.9. Comodo are getting there, good work guys.

Regards
Dave1234.

+1 :slight_smile:

Too Bad, this doesn’t work with Linux partitons

I boot my PC with Grub Legacy boot loader:

I wouldn’t mind if i could install this program without the boot functions of Comodo Time Machine if ever there is any as I have not tested it yet

It is a doubt, how an ext4 partition could interferce with CTM working in an NTFS partition

What is the real reason?

NTFS partitions could be mounted by Linux and changed.
The changes without the CTM driver loaded could (probably would) break the snapshots and mess everything.

1-win 7 64 & win vista 32
2-installed cis complete & installed comodo backup3(online)
3-when i installed comodo online backup(comodo backup 3)the computers both 7 64 & vista 32 would not boot just kept rebooting
4-uninstalled ctm beta and issue resolved
5-none ctm disabables it
6-na
7-theres a conflict with ctm and comodo backup on both my machines

Hi hyatt69,
Thank you for your feedback. Did you installed disk encryption softwares or other security softwares? There should not be confict between CTM and comodo backup.

Best regards

I have first installed Comodo Backuo and then CTM and they are working fine.

do it the other way around
have ctm installed and install comodo backup i just did it(updated comodo backup) and couldnt boot happens all the time.had to remove ctm try it this way

could you try when having ctm installed then install comodo backup this happens on both my 64 and 32 bit machines?it just happened again when i had an update for comodo backup and when i updated it and reboot could not start windows uninstalled ctm and everything is working?
security software running is comodo 2011 complete

can someone from comodo(dev)test it this way and see if this is a bug?i dont think its on my end because it both systems of mine that are doing it not just 1.

Hi hyatt69,

We are trying to reproduce this prolem.

1. Your Operating System (32 or 64 bit) and Service Pack revision win 7 64 bit
  2. Other Security and Utility Software Installed comodo firewall 5 and mse
  3. Step by step description to reproduce the issue installed ctm then uninstalled but left the registry values that disabled the system recover had to go in a manually delete them in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ Software \ Policies \ Microsoft \ Windows NT \ SystemRestore there were 2 entries that greyed out system restore in the properties menu
  4. How you tried to resolve the problem yes manually deleted the reg keys
  5. Upload Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any n/a
  6. Attach screenshots to your posts to clarify the issue further n/a
  7. Any other information you think that might be useful this files should be deleted when ctm is uninstalled

any update on this problem?i like using ctm but cant as i dont want to have to uninstall-reinstall when comodo backup has an update.

1. Windows 7 32 bit
  2. Symantec Endpoint Protection
  3. Install on a HP Probook 4421s and error after reboot. Ver 2.8 with Error Code 8801 Insufficient Space. Ver 2.9.161985.187 with SaveSysDataOnSetup failed. write sector1. Error occured on installing tsr data.
  4. Harddisk has been replaced one time. Disable flash media reader in Bios.

hi guys,

2.9beta makes a big different with 2.8 and before.

But there is a bug with schedule task of 2.9beta in my win7 32bit. Every time after hibernating win7, turning on PC, going into desktop and then restart win7, the schedule task, restoring when restarting OS, cannot be executed. If not hibernating before restarting OS, the task can be executed. I have tried many times. The bug happened every time. :embarassed:

With 2.8, there is no such problem. Would you please fix it soon? Thanks a lot in advance.