COMODO Time Machine 2.7.150952.175 BETA Bug Reports

Already reported and acknowledged as far I know.
Problem is on FAT32 USB drivers if I remember correctly.
Maybe you can browse the latest posts in CTM forum.

Not really. I’m continuously testing software and using CTM.

Yeah. So Windows System Restore does the same.
Worse. I’ve tested Windows 7 with the most available System Restore space. The fragmentation is absurd!
Into CTM settings you can defragment the snapshots.

[attachment deleted by admin]

This is very true! I’ve used Eaz-Fix pro in the past but have been using CTM for awhile now. I use/used them heavily like you, install/uninstall numerous apps for testing etc… Each time I’ve uninstalled EF or CTM, I will use Win’s Defrag before re-installing EF or CTM as the case may be. The disk has never been fragmented.

What I can say for sure is that in my computer, the fragmentation generated by Windows System Restore was much much much higher than the one generated by CTM.

1. Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit (French) Toshiba Satellite 670D

2. CIS 4.1.150349.920, CSC, Winpatrol, MBAM on demand, Hitman Pro on demand.

3. Having run the released version and all previous beta versions on XP and Vista without problems, I installed the current beta choosing C only when offered C and D drives.

After restart there was no system tray icon although a winpatrol alert for it was allowed. The GUI could not be opened from the desktop shortcut.

1. I decided to uninstall on restart choosing baseline rather than current. Windows then failed to boot and the screen went white.

Powered off, then on restart chose repair option which ran for ages, I allowed system restore when asked and it seemed to complete, but still failed to boot.

Restarted holding F8 planning to reinstall from recovery drive D, but instead decided to try “Repair your computer” (presumably the same as before). This was then quickly successful and I was able to restart Windows to a restore point from earlier in the day. Everything now seems to be back to before CTM beta was installed and all is working normally.

1. not created.

James, I had the icon “disappeared” sometimes (ctmtray.exe was running though…). But a boot solve the issue.
The problem was the uninstall failure to baseline… That is problematic.
I think it’s even difficult to guess what happened…

I did reboot before I decided to uninstall, but still no tray icon or GUI. The home key before Windows start worked OK.

As there is no feedback since my report, I would add one further detail about my system, in case it is relevant to the problem.

This is a new laptop using an AMD Athlon ™ II P320 Dual-Core Processor.

As I never had the slightest problems with previous versions of CTM using 32bit XP and Vista machines, including uninstalling betas to install later versions, I will be reluctant to install any version on this machine again.

Hi JamesFrance:
Sorry for the trouble that CTM brought you.
I have sent you a pm. Please check it. We are now trying to reproduce and resolve this issue. This problem may be caused by confiction with previous releases of CTM.

Regards
Haibo

Thanks Haibo, I have replied to your pm.

1. win7 32bit

2. none
    3.intalled win7 32 on a virtual machine in virtualbox with a hard disk of 10gb, at the end 3.4gb free, installed ctm beta 2.7.150, conpressed hard disk, 3.9gb free, 2.5 really said by ctm, reset baseline.
    the updatin data step of ctm never end, stop at 10%, so i cannot boot in windows and cannot uninstall ctm.

3. i cant do much but to restard the machine several times but the same happen.

4. host operating system is win7 64bit

[attachment deleted by admin]

How did you do that?
Changing the virtual hard drive is the same of partition resizing. You’ll mess your installation.

how to compress hard disk? strange question

1 right clic on the disk you wan to compress
2 clic on properties
3 checkbox compress this disk to save disk space
4 clic apply or accept

I’ve thought you did it with Virtualbox (externally) and not with Windows, internally.
I did not use compressed disks, but hope the programmers test this condition.

Hi kinemitor
Thank you for your feedback, we are checking this problem.

Hi kinemitor,
CTM is not compatible with virtualbox.

I learnt from pm that you have ccleaner installed with wipe free sector function enabled. It is not compatible with CTM.

Regards
Haibo

I have just uninstalled CCleaner using Revo Uninstaller and done a fresh install of the latest version.

Wipe Free Space Drive C and Wipe MFT Freespace are both enabled by default although they were not with older versions.

Are you wiping space with CTM installed? It’s a NO NO. You’ll redirect the disk writes and increase the snapshots size.

What? I’ve installed in three virtual machines (XP) and never had a problem.
In fact, I install, make snapshots, restore snapshots, uninstall, reset the baseline.
Everything works…
Why are you saying they’re incompatible?