Please post all bug reports & BSOD’s here and make sure to include:

1. Your Operating System (32 or 64 bit) and Service Pack revision
  2. Other Security and Utility Software Installed
  3. Step by step description to reproduce the issue
  4. How you tried to resolve the problem
  5. Upload Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any
  6. Attach screenshots to your posts to clarify the issue further
  7. Any other information you think that might be useful

It’s vital to provide all this information, so the developers can quickly identify and fix bugs faster.

1.Windows XP media center SP3.
2.CIS & CSC
3.Start the CTM installation.
4.I have not found a solution
5.N/A
6.Attached
7.CTM Alpha worked fine, i get first picture and after disabling my removable storage drive, then i get second picture.

A restart as asked in the second picture does not help.

[attachment deleted by admin]

I think you need to unplugged your removable storage drive, like USB memory stick, USB Hard-disk,etc. Then try install CTM again.
Good luck !

How many harddisks do you have?
Please remove all removable storage devices then restart your computer.
If it doesn’t help, check the “Drive Select” value of PhysicalDriveX with DiskView.exe, and post it to this thread.
Have a good time with CTM :slight_smile:

Yes, you can get DiskView.exe from the attachment.

1. Your Operating System (32 or 64 bit) and Service Pack revision… Vista 32 bit
  2. Other Security and Utility Software Installed… CIS Ccleaner, Spybot, Acronis TIH 2009
  3. Step by step description to reproduce the issue… Ran installer
  4. How you tried to resolve the problem… Checked all ext devices were not connected. Re ran installer.
  5. Upload Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any… N/A
  6. Attach screenshots to your posts to clarify the issue further… 3 attached.
  7. Any other information you think that might be useful… Ran diskview. See attached Drives C & D are NFTS Basic.

clemo

Do you have an error message?

Just the “A removable storage device is detected” message. I can comfirm that there is no storage device attached to my comp. The only bits that are connected are: HP PSC 1510 Printer/Scanner, Belkin Network USB hub and an Belkin N1router.

I don’t know if is worth mentioning but there was a “Geometry_EX Error” message when Diskview is run. See attached.

How many hard disks do you have? one or two?
Would you please unplug your printer and try again?

2 hard disks: C: contains vista program file, user files etc and D: for backups , music and Acronis Secure Zone.

Tried unplugging the printer. Still no luck.

My first thought was the Acronis Secure Zone causing this problem, but i have that on my Notebook (XP) as well and CTM installed without any problems and works fine.

clemo

clemo…just a note. CTM doesn’t work with any other disk restorers/imagers, etc like Acronis Secure Zone.

When an image is restored, things “go bonkers.” :slight_smile:

Same here!

1. Windows 7 (32bit)
  2. CIS

Please confirm that you have 2 disks not 2 partitions on single disk.
Regards

CTM won’t start it produces an error:

Critical error. A crtical subsytem required for the proper functioning of the product is not active. This usually happen with an incomplete installed installation. Please reinstall the product and try again.

1. Your Operating System (32 or 64 bit) and Service Pack revision: Windows 7 RTM Ultimate
  2. Other Security and Utility Software Installed: sent me a PM for a system report by SIW
  3. Step by step description to reproduce the issue: Install and reboot as required. Then start the program and the error will occur.
  4. How you tried to resolve the problem: uninstalled HD related tools to no avail: Paragon Partition Mananger, Easeus Partition Manager, Isobuster 2.6, CD Burner XP, Smart Defrag (IOBit) and Perfect Disk
  5. Upload Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any: n/a
  6. Attach screenshots to your posts to clarify the issue further:
  7. Any other information you think that might be useful: none

Do you have single-boot or multi-boot system?
I you have more that one OS you have to install CTM on all OS.

Thanks for the tip.

Do you think the Acronis Secure Zone could be causing the problem?

This is for my XP SP3.

I found that after booting the CPU was max and all I could do was force a shutdown. Few programs seemed to be started.

On restart I was getting a CTM screen showing re-indexing which allowed normal operation.

After this happened twice I have now uninstalled CTM with existing settings and the problem seems to be resolved.

Yes two physical disks.

It could…have you ever restored anything from Acronis?

Win7 Ultimate x64
CIS, CSE, VE
Cannot install CTM.
The installer reports ‘There is a removable storage device detected. Please remove all storage devices and try again.’
This comes up whether or not I run as Admin.

1. my OCZ 4G Dual Channel ATV drive is configured as a Dedicated ReadyBoost drive.
  2. my 2G Comodo memory stick is always plugged in and rarely leaves my system.
  3. The printer has a card reader, but the drive is empty
  4. I have a 5n1 card reader (internal, NmediaPC CR98) connected via one of the MB USB ports (all 4 readers/drives are also empty).

I will add (this is a modify) the DVD burner also does not have a disk inserted.

Tried unplugging the printer and both memory sticks but that made no difference.
I am not tearing my hardware apart (the 5n1 card reader) to install any software.

The installer really needs to recognize memory sticks and card readers as Drives that are part of the hardware configuration.