COMODO System Cleaner Wishlist V1

i agree as i can’t find a great free one and i’ve tried most of the free ones…i.e. smart defrag, auslogics, etc.

Add Google Chrome to The Clean Up Options

Maybe this has been mentioned before, but then my post just confirm the interest for such a feature:

Extended “Filter Entries” feature in COMODO Disk Cleaner → Disk Clean-up

Today you can add file extensions, which is nice, but I’d like to be able to add specific files/folders. Custom paths in other words. This is an excellent feature that CCleaner has. For example, I might not want to clean all .log files on my PC, but just one specific .log file which I know is created sometimes. See my attached screen shot. I would like CSC to clean all this. Thanks. :a0

[attachment deleted by admin]

Just tried the new beta release,
Here are a few items I hope are considered in the Wish List for CIS

1. With the new beta a backup appears asking if you want to keep the clleaning or roll back.
    Can an option be added to keep this available for a few days (even with rebooting several times) ?

You only know after the reboot if your main screen loads but not if there might be problems with other installed programs.

1. In WIPE could Clean Free Space be added. To run after defrag For the File Defrag I would like to see a combination of DeFraggler and JKDefrag. For registry defrag that is still to be determined.

2. An option to defrag on boot might enable defragging some files or keys that normally are in constant use, and normally could not be defragged.

3. Not noticed if Shortcuts / Broken Links / Orphans, are deleted, this could be added to the CLeanUp section of CIS
    If possible a “Repair” Option that actually repairs and not just deletes would be an advantage.

4. Delete empty Folders would also be good, but add a key that on restart Windows would do error checking just incase an empty folder that is used as a bookmark is accidently deleted.
    The extended delay of the rollback in item 1 here would be a benefit.

5. Safe Mode allows for more deletions but also requires more precautions, again item one would be of benefit.

6. If CIS sees a problem but the file or registry key is NOT Safe to Delete, offer the reason why it was selected.

7. An Option for startup to select in which sequence items load, with recommendations from CIS. Items that load first get to ram first. A file similar to Startup Monitor (and others that will tell you when a program wants to run at StartUp and allow you to allow or not. I am tired of programs like QuickTime and Media Player etc. wanting to run at Start UP. At least for myself I only want the O.S. and Security Programs to load at StartUP. But programs like WebExtract CleanUP only run to clean install files.

Does it make a difference in deleting, For Files or Registry keys should Registry Keys be deleted 1st, or Files be deleted first?

UncleDoug

Update related.
Make downloading not full package (as you made with beta CSC_Setup_1.1.61653.21_2k_xp_vista_server2003_x32.exe).
Make a 8 byte file named “version” and store there 1.1.61653.21 in binary or whatever. And download only if this new version is greater than current.
Your beta is indicating that i need upgrade it the same version! While you cannot handle this mere thing hand off of driver for “SAVE DELETION” writing, good programmers.

1. Better GUI please
  2. Fix those darn bugs
  3. Make it safer to use, it messed me up the first time I used it and it was the final product not the RC or beta.
  4. the file unlocker couldn’t unlock a file so please make that work properly.

As a limited account user (XP), I would like to be prompted to enter the administrator password rather than having to use “Run As” to load CSC.

:slight_smile:

Very good, high quality piece of software. However in the disk clean up tool, on the first tab ( clean-up) it is not in depth with explaining exactly what each check is. Example. Not everyone knows what “Prefetch application cache” or “debug memory log files” means.

atnskyline,

You should read the included Help file.

I repeat …

A option for use it with command lline intead a gui

(very helpful for sheduling)

Yep, gonna have to say that there needs to be a defrag, both disc and registry.

:-La

There’s a nice feature in RegSeeker that I’d like to see in CRC. It’s called “Find in registry …” and it’s pretty much like Find (CTRL+F) in Microsoft Registry Editor, but in RegSeeker you get a list of all entries that match the word you type. For example I type “Google” (to make sure I have no leftovers from uninstalled Google software) and I get all entries that contain “Google”. This way you can make sure that you’ll find & delete anything that CRC misses in its scan.

[attachment deleted by admin]

The new version: after install, it made me restart without asking. >:(

Still wishing for a better alternative to the “unsafe to delete” description.

The current wording of “unsafe to delete” is ambiguous and NOT self explanatory. If it was clear, then a post issuing this warning would be unnecessary: “That option is unticked by default for Expert Users/Advanced Registry Users. Unless you are familiar with the Registry, Know how to edit the Registry and you are an Expert… Don’t touch these.”

I think it would be better to get rid of “unsafe to delete” and to re-phrase the settings checkbox like this:

Show entries for advanced users (WARNING: deleting these entries may cause harm to your computer)

Then, in the reg cleaner results window, list the entries under this heading: “entries for advanced users (WARNING: deleting these entries may cause harm to your computer)”

The wording I suggest is self explanatory and is explicitly clear that deleting these entries may not be safe, and that you should stay away from this option if you aren’t advanced!

Hello,

I think this might be a BUG. Please post in the bug section as devs and qa guys collect these from there.

1. Uninstall software button (under clean-up or summary) :comodo110:

Two suggestions,

Have the tools open in the same window if possible. So when i click registry cleaner, it doesnt open up in a seperate window.

Add the option to clean custom items in the registry cleaner.

I believe this is a design feature due to separate .exe files for each application. The strength of this is that you can easily customize the installation. Also, from the start menu, you can simply chose to just start the Registry Cleaner, or Disk Cleaner, etc.

However, I’m inclined to agree with your wish. After all, I do prefer having it all in the very same GUI, rather than separate (some month ago I thought the opposite though!).

Little wish, maybe add an uninstall module ? The Windows’s uninstall panel is very slow…

CSI already has this feature.