COMODO System-Cleaner 4.0 BETA Released!!!

FREE version features:

• Registry Cleaner
  • Privacy Cleaner
  • Disk Cleaner
  • Profile based scan and clean
  • Scan and Clean schedule
  • Shredder
  • Force Delete
  • Autoruns Manager
  • Registry Defragmenter
  • Backup is done using COMODO Backup API

What’s extra in PRO version:

• Instant Scan
  • Active Clean
  • Safe Delete
  • Registry Protection
  • Advanced Features on Autoruns Mananager:
    - load time measurement
    - change priority of startup applications
    - faster load times of all autoruns categories
    - Integrated safe delete for remove operations of Autorun Manager
  • Analize registry fragmentation on the fly
  • Windows boot time measurement

Known issues:

• Cleaner_Validator.exe may crash on some systems during a clean operation

Bug Reports:

Please use https://forums.comodo.com/beta-corner-csc/comodo-systemcleaner-40-beta-bug-reports-t72565.0.html to report your bugs. Our moderators collect these bugs and submit them to the devs.

BETA NOTICE: This product is intended for special users (BETA Testers) who would like to join the testing process. It may contain major bugs that could cause serious problems and not be suitable for your everyday use yet. Please do not use it in your production machines.

Download Locations:

Setup for Windows Vista 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows 2003 Server 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows XP 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows 2008 Server 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit:

FREE version:
URL: http://downloads.comodo.com/csc/download/setups/CSC_FREE_4.0.188740.3_xp_vista_server2003_server2008_win7_BETA.exe
Size : 12,2 MB (12.814.472 bytes)
MD5 : 950830C17555A2D8F7E85C21C6016214
SHA1 : 5014F75724E9BFF5DF03524D42CFB9B53735B6A3

PRO version:
URL: http://downloads.comodo.com/csc/download/setups/CSC_PRO_4.0.188660.2_xp_vista_server2003_server2008_win7_BETA.exe
Size : 12,6 MB (13.274.392 bytes)
MD5 : 17B68DF3B92FC3CE156F7FBEC130CA17
SHA1 : D709A07EF674D28D606B511BAFE35A697CB25C8A

Portable FREE version 32 bit:
URL: http://downloads.comodo.com/csc/download/setups/CSC_PORTABLE_FREE_4.0.188740.3_xp_vista_server2003_win7_32bit.zip
Size : 8,05 MB (8.449.410 bytes)
MD5 : 4499C80B5C48D6A2FF93F36D1581F613
SHA1 : D9DFC699BC03E6798296280F2277F19E1119B0A4

Portable FREE version 64 bit:
URL: http://downloads.comodo.com/csc/download/setups/CSC_PORTABLE_FREE_4.0.188740.3_xp_vista_server2003_win7_64bit.zip
Size : 9,49 MB (9.959.523 bytes)
MD5 : 7D7A029A754CBC6D5D6C6334B324FC8E
SHA1 : D0793517AB3C9D91AB0626C096A21AA641B24942

Mod edit : Minor typo corrected

great to see a new release. keep up the good work
wow jump to version 4. lets see how this one works. i will test it out and report back
pro and free version now?
does pro cost?

I am going to be very disappointed if you start charging for a pro version. :-TD but keep up the great work none the less, been waiting for the autoruns manager to return.

Cheers
Shaun

Hi Razvan,

Can you please explain the difference between Free and Pro apart from the technical differences?
Is Pro going to be ‘payed’ and if so do you have any idea of pricing?

What is with the CSC 3.1 or another 3.x releases of it

Congratulations with the release.

Hello,

The PRO version will be a payed version. The price along with other details about the PRO version will be available soon.

Thanks!

First of all : congrats with this release , downloaded and installed it , this beta works fine!
on the other hand , I coulden’t beleave my eyes , once I saw the differences between the free and the pro version , this time you have to pay for getting the active clean option?? wow! what a BIG let down!!! I don’t understand that in csc 3.0 this option is free and with the next release we all have to pay for this…I think that a lot of people will stick with the old version , when the official release of 4.0 comes out!

+100
i dont get either how it jumped to version 4. there doesnt seem to be any major improvements or added features

i really hope comodo doesnt start charging for their other products like cis. that would be horrible

I doubt they would charge for CIS but if they are going to charge for CSC they will probably charge for CPM and CBU. >:(

That would be a nightmare, definitely

As long as they catch the same registry entries and the same files etc etc I could care less if it’s paid or not… I do wish they could explain “Registry Protection” by Comodo’s Motto You shouldn’t have to pay for security; It’s a privilege… So? umm…

Hello,

Registry protection has nothing to do with security. Is more like an advanced backup solution. Registry protection is for registry entries what Safe Delete is for files.

Ah; Thanks for clearing that up Razvan;

Congrats with the release

I see no reason not to have a free version and a paid (PRO) version. This is quite common among the competition.

The difference with Comodo is that the free version does everything you need. The PRO version has some extra automation that the free version does not. I agree that some users will stay with 3.1 instead of paying for 4.0 PRO, but Active Scan is really not a big enough issue for most of us.

Personally I am not interested in continuously monitoring cleaning tool. I will run it manually when I see fit. That’s how I always used such tools.

good work guys!

I’m really ■■■■■■ off to see a paid version, -facepalm-

+0.5

Hi Jacob,

In the discussion of the Free and Paid versions, we have all become accustomed to "most" of the software developed by Comodo being[b] FREE[/b] for the general public!

I wondered several years ago when I saw no difference from a single user with 1 or 25 PCs or a company with 250 PCs and more.
        To provide support for small businesses I wonder if a[u][i] limit[/i][/u] of PCs to allow specified software as in this case Comodo System Cleaner.  And what that number would be.  

And for Corporations to pay for the use of the same software (with a few extra features), Of course those corporations would also receive Premium Support beyond GeekBuddy

What [u]Number[/u] of PCs are[u] acceptable[/u] for the [b]Individual[/b] and a [b]Small Business[/b], that would continue to allow for Free Use [b]?? ??[/b] 

But allow Comodo to receive compensation for commercial use by businesses that are not considered “small” ?

UncleDoug