COMODO System-Cleaner 3 wishlist

When users search for optimization applications, such as CSC, usually they don’t want that app to run in the background. But there are, of course, those who don’t mind that extra resource usage. Anyhow COMODO should make CSC to have it both ways, prompting the user something like:

a) Use continous scanning (CV.exe) in the background, so that scanning and cleaning are faster when you run CSC.

b) NEVER use background services, saving resources but sacrificing scanning and cleaning times. Only perform these tasks when CSC is executed.

(A simple switch like the Active Clean one would do… but make it work!)

You are more concerned with the optimization and time it takes for CSC to do its job… maybe you should focus on the “when its done” rather than the “how long to do it”. We don’t mind it takes an hour or more, as long as we can control when the program is going to use those resources. CSC isn’t supposed to be used every day, but every 15 days / 1 month I think…

By the way, congratulations on all the software developed, CIS CTM CB and CPM are top notch apps which I have been using for years now.

Keep it up! (But please fix CSC urgently!)

I have a suggestion, for the next Comodo System Cleaner. I like version 3, but I’d like it better, if the cleaner could be minimized to the system tray, instead of it being minimized on the taskbar (and open), just for it to actively work. It was default, in Windows XP and Vista. Add a option to minimize it to the system tray, for Windows 7 users too. It’s misleading, in Windows 7. It makes people think it’s still running/minimized, when it (actually) closes after we click the “X”, in the upper right corner of the app. I think this issue is why many people think version 3 doesn’t work, properly.

Incorporate the Shredder as a right click option in the Windows Explorer menu drop-down list.

Gordon

I Remember Seeing Disk Defrag in that Cloud Scanner by Comodo. But I don’t see that Scanner anymore. But yes it would be good to have it in the new system cleaner.

Nige

I would like to see command line parameter(s) so I can make up a batch file. Thank you