COMODO System-Cleaner 3.0 build 37 BUG REPORTS

I’m writing this to inform Comodo guys about the crashing of the Cleaner Validator.exe file at the startup. I’m using Windows XP SP3 32 bit OS, P-4, 2 GB RAM, 80 GB HDD. Some other important software installed on my system are NIS 2011, Virtual drive pro, Cyberghost VPN, Samsung Kies etc.

Earlier Comodo was working fine, in fact it worked fine for a month or so. It was updated a week or two ago and since then it has been showing up these problems. I’m not sure by the way the problem has got something to do with the update. Whatever the problem is, please do something to fix it.

I’m pretty satisfied with this application because of it safety feature. I don’t want to switch to other application. The good thing about Comodo is it doesn’t delete important files while doing the cleaning job. However, it’s not completely without fault, it by default selects Mozilla bookmarks for deletion which can be disastrous for the beginners but for advanced users like me it’s a no issue. It needs some polishing, bugs fixing, “deep-thinking-approach” to become THE best cleaner.

Whilst running a spybot scan I BSOD. cfmrd.sys 0x24. Thinking there was a problem I ran a CAV scan, the same thing happened.

Thinking I had been infected, I searched Google and came across this problem with an earlier version of CSC. Will uninstall CSC and rerun scans. Will upate post with results later.

Vista SP2
CIS 5.01…1142
CSC 3.0 build 37
Dump files etc attached BSOD.7z

Had to uninstall through Safe mode. Restarted in normal mode and successfully ran both Spybot and CAV scans.

c

added update.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Have the same problem with validator.exe on startup, mentioned in another post in reply to someone
else having validator issues.

XP, patched, Dell Insprion 1501 Comodo Firewall, Micorosoft Security Centre

And…in the Summary section, the first item with the button “Clean My Computer”, this reports that
it is “loading…” when its not.

And… the Shredder. Both C drive and Freespace a checkmarked, and cannot select one or the other,
so it maybe that without further safeguards, which I am sure must exist, a person wanting to shred the freespace might end up shredding the d. thing! Gee…

I rolled back to the previous System Cleaner, and all seemed pretty much as usual - not quite though.
I should mention that I am also using the very fine Comodo Firewall, and perhaps this may be a factor,
as it is set to to a lot of checking. And perhaps the latest downloads from Microsoft updates could have
an impact.

Any one looking for a portable CSC could look in the Wishlist section of this forum.

Hello at all Too for me the message received in Comodo Programs Manager when trying to uninstall System-Cleaner , that is an issue that is already fixed for the next release , thanks Kind regards