COMODO System-Cleaner 3.0 build 37 BUG REPORTS

Chrome (7.0.517.36 beta) doesn’t work anymore, it seems there’s a problem with the javascript engine., because I can’t load gmail, and greader lack its CSS style and doesn’t show any items.

I cleaned Chrome’s cache (and only that) with Chrome open. After cleaning, youtube didn’t work anymore so I restarted Chrome, and nothing work.

I also used Registry Cleaner (normal) and Disk Cleaner (full), but I don’t think it’s related.

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit); Windows 7 x64
  • Security Software Installed; CIS 5, Panda Cloud
  • How you produced the problem; Install Chrome beta, use it to produce cache (I had 15000 items), then keep Chrome open and clean privacy (only chrome cache).
  • How you tried to resolve the problem; I’m trying…

edit: I posted this with Chrome, so the browser is still useable, but not when it involves javascript or flash.

edit2: I partially fixed it by cleaning the cache again from the option in Chrome, then refresh the website (CTRL+F5 to force it). I still have some problem with gmail, it’s stuck on the loading screen…

edit3: If I try to clean the cache again from Chrome option, it breaks everything again. I’ll have to reinstall. Good job on this one.

In my case I have selected Normal Clean as ‘default’ in registry cleaner and Quick Clean as ‘default’ (by right clicking and selecting) in Disk Cleaner. Both these profiles shows ‘no errors selected’. But my summary screen says that my computer is ‘NOT CLEAN’.

In addition to the above, I have also selected ‘Auto clean’ feature. Still, my summary says that it is not clean. The only entries available in my default profile is that of ‘privacy cleaner’, which as suggested by you will always remain because whenever we open any ‘listed’ program like firefox, there are ought to be some files detected by privacy cleaner. It is wise to exclude ‘privacy cleaner’ to show whether computer is clean or not clean.

I also have one suggestion. The default profile should have a different colour ‘say blue’ to indicate that this is the default profile the CSC recognizes or otherwise a word like ‘default’ or a ‘tick mark’ may precede the default profile, so that users come to know that their default profile is actually accepted by CSC. You can also treat this as a ‘wishlist’ (Sorry for adding it here as I could not see any separate wishlist)

Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit); XP SP3 32 bit

• Security Software Installed; CIS 5.0
  • How you produced the problem; See above
    How you tried to resolve the problem; -
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any); -
  • Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any; N/A
  • All log files of CSC, if you had logs enabled;
  • Any other Additional Information;

CSC3 reporting 549 windows temp files under C:\Windows\Temp although only 2 are present (see screenshot).

:slight_smile:

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit); XP Pro SP3 (32-Bit)
  • Security Software Installed; CIS 5.0.162636.1135 and Secunia PSI 1.5.0.2
  • How you produced the problem; Selected “Disk Cleaner”
  • How you tried to resolve the problem; n/a
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any); See below
  • Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any; n/a
  • All log files of CSC, if you had logs enabled; n/a
  • Any other Additional Information; n/a

EDIT: I think there may also be a memory leak or incompatibility with CSC3 as my work computer reported that there was not enough system resources to open a spreadsheet (having installed CSC3 today) which I hadn’t seen before (this was on a windows 7 computer).

Also, on the computer mentioned above (XP SP3), Windows reported that there wasn’t enough disk quota to run Sumatra PDF and also text/icons were corrupt when trying to reboot.

I’ll open a new bug report when I get more info but have had to (for the time being) remove from my work computer :(.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Quote - Graham - CSC3 reporting 549 windows temp files under C:\Windows\Temp although only 2 are present (see screenshot).

Can you enable hidden files, system files as well as operating system files under

Tools - Folder Options - View of the temp folder in windows explorer to see whether these files are visible or not.

Hi layman

Thanks for your reply :). Actually, that was the first thing I checked but still nothing shown.

:slight_smile:

hi.where can i download the 3.0 build please.when i downloaded from the comodo website it was nothing like the pictures in here.many thanks. :ilovecomodo:

Hello,

You can find it here: http://system-cleaner.comodo.com/

hi razvan, thank you.i just downloaded and installed.very nice indeed and seems to be working just fine.many thanks.all the best to you.bye. :comodo110:

http://imgur.com/dnaue.jpg

WTF is that ?!
135000 entries in IE favorites ?!!
I never use it and I have the whole file system in it…
I opened IE to see, and there’s nothing in it…

I opened an explorer and I see that I have “My Computer” in its favorites (I also never use explorer, I use servant salamander).

Does it mean that if I press clean, it will clean my whole drive ?

I tried to uninstall it (managed by CPM) and it says, with both method, I can’t because updater.exe is running.
Guess what isn’t running in memory? (I use Process Explorer)

I have the same problem as “L.A.R. Grizzly”

I know the best way to help is with a complete memory dump, so here it is :-TU and a picture
P.S. in the dump, you can ignore the part where I intentionally created BSOD, that was just to force windows to produce one :■■■■
Post for the COMPLETE memory dump
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0LMRNSFL

and 1 picture
Since it didn’t CSC didn’t produce a log :frowning: ,the next best think I could do is take a picture of it :slight_smile:

Hope this helps

• I’m on Win XP 32-bit SP3, all patches installed.
  • Avast! 5 Free Anti-virus.
  • CFRMD.sys ver. 6.1.7600.16385 Win7 DDK is causing BSOD when I set Raxco PerfectDisk to do a boot-time defrag.
  • I have located the file and saw that is a CSC installed driver, also notice is for Win 7 (v. 6.1.7600.16385), so uninstalling CSC 3 solves it. I never had a problem with ver 1 or 2 of CSC.
  • WinXP didn’t generated any mini-dumps.
  • No logs, sorry.
  • I just checked WinXP Event logs and there isn’t any entry that indicates that ever was a BSOD, this happens to me sometimes, maybe it was because it was a boot-time BSOD. As you may know, PerfectDisk has a diagnostic option in the ‘Support’ option in the ‘Resources’ tab, and it indicates no problems.

Also, I don’t like CSC 3 service making an analisys at start-up time, making the boot process slower. I think if a service must run, it should be set to manual and started at the program start and stopped at program exit.

I hate it when software doesn’t give me the option to load at startup! Thanks for the tip! I now have it set to Manual! Also, you may not be aware, but when installed, CSC makes a job in your Task Scheduler (which I delete also). Of course, you aren’t asked upon installation! >:(

Hi,

Regarding the issue with the large number of errors: can you please tell us if it was in CSC from the start, or did it appear after some other operations performed in the application? Have you manually ran updater.exe?

In order to help you with this issue, please run Comodo System Cleaner setup so you can perform a repair operation. And tell us if the large number of errors are still displayed in the favorites of Internet Explorer.

As for the message received in Comodo Programs Manager when trying to uninstall System-Cleaner, that is an issue that is already fixed for the next release.

Thank you for your support!

Hi,

Thank you for your report. Our team is investigating this problem, in order to locate it and fix it for the next release of Comodo System-Cleaner.

No, it wasn’t there from the start.
I used CSC 2 or 3 times I think. The first time, it broke Chrome (see my previous bug report). Then I tried the “Clean PC” button in the first screen.
I never ran updater.exe but I saw the automatic updater popups up.

Sorry, I was able to uninstall it (with Windows default program manager), and I won’t install it again.

Encountered a bug with the windows experience index. If i try to refresh my score with CSC installed, I get an error telling me tht WEI cannot core my pc due to hardware/driver issue. I am only able to resolve if i uninstall CSC completely

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit);
    vista x64 SP2
  • Security Software Installed;
    CISv5
  • How you produced the problem;
    Installed CSC 3
  • How you tried to resolve the problem;
    Uninstalled CSC
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any);
    N/A
  • Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any;
    N/A
  • All log files of CSC, if you had logs enabled;
    N/A
  • Any other Additional Information;
    N/A

Same issue here - Only ‘loading’ visible against the 3 sections and also at the bottom lhs of screen.

Regards

If you guys like to know how to create a memory dump for Windows XP
http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10878_11-5710338.html
then after the bsod happens, look for c:\winnt\memory.dmp If you can’t find the .dmp file, just use the windows search and type in .dmp . Then put it in a .zip file
*memory dumps are really helpfull in getting bugs fixed

just for clarification
*As for the one person that said on this forum wrote, someone could break into your computer with the .dmp file is a paranoid IDIOT that doesn’t know what their talking about :o . It’s doesn’t contain any network configurations or any info that could be used to hack in anyones machine, so no one is going to get hacked online.
That person will need to break in your house and have physical access to you computer ← even stil,l a .dmp file isn’t needed at that point or should be the least of their concerned at that point

• WinXP Pro SP3 32 Bit
  • CIS 5.0.163652.1142

At attempt to save the cleaning schedule there is an error and the program is closed.

About the browser of Google Chrome. At me as at cache flush by program CSC don’t boot again CSS, Javascript’s, Flash even if to push the button to update
Browser operation is recovered only after computer reboot.

in the recycle bin are 3 files
“Active Clean” is ON