COMODO System Cleaner 2.2.129172.4 Public Release BUG REPORTS

I extract 64bit zip into C:\program files\comodo
I have win 7 64bit
When I want update, comodo go install into C:\program files (x86)\comodo

Hi, I posted this the other day in another string… Still not sure how to proceed. Any good advice very welcome.
-Mike

I downloaded Comodo last year (version 1.1 …) and worked fine until today (hadn’t used it since last fall.)

I cleaned my system but, when it came time to restart, my system just kept looping and now I can only get on via Safe Mode.

Something seems wrong/or missing in my startup process. System Restore hasn’t done the trick either

Can someone offer a solution to get my computer back functioning properly again? Please not I’m not a techie in any way, so any solutions need to be understandable for a regular joe like me.

Any prompt help much, much appreciated.

Hi,

In order to help you, we need to understand what happened and what triggered this behavior. Do you have any other cleaning tools installed on your PC, that you recently used?
Have you tried the “Last known good configuration” option from the boot menu (this is displayed when you press F8 at start-up).

Thank you.

Thanks for the reply. I have Malaware bytes and ATF system cleaner on my sysetm.

Would those have caused this problem?

(Also, I tried the ‘last good configuration’ but to no avail.)

Again, thanks for any advice you might have to point me in the right direction.

Mike

Hi,

It seems that another application’s driver, installed on your system, is in conflict with Comodo System Cleaner’s driver. In order to fix this, enter Safe Mode and please go to C:\Windows\system32\drivers\ to find cdfs.sys. Remove it from that location. After that restart the computer.
Your system will now load properly without being necessary to enter in Safe Mode.
Please install the new version of Comodo System Cleaner 2.2.129172.4 in order to avoid any conflicts with other applications. You can download it from here: http://www.comodo.com/home/support-maintenance/system-cleaner.php
(Also make sure that after uninstalling the current version (1.1…), all the files from C:\Program Files\Comodo\Comodo System Cleaner directory are deleted.)
Please let us know if this solved the problem.

Thank you for your support!