COMODO System Cleaner 2.0.107362.3 BETA BUG REPORTS

Please post all bug reports & BSOD’s here.

Be sure to include:

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit);
  • Security Software Installed;
  • How you produced the problem;
  • How you tried to resolve the problem;
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any);
  • Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any;
  • All log files of CSC, if you had logs enabled;
  • Any other Additional Information;

Hi,

- Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit); Windows XP SP3 32bit

- Security Software Installed; Avira Premium and Comodo Firewall

- How you produced the problem; Graphical errors (as seen in the image 5), and especially in the last image, i selected the option “check for updates” and minimize the window, and when maximize the window again, I get the frozen image in the bottom right of the screen.

- How you tried to resolve the problem; I closed the program, but the error persist when i open the program and minimize the window.

- Screen-shots with the error (if any); Yes.

- Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any; N/A
- All log files of CSC, if you had logs enabled; N/A
- Any other Additional Information; Also i found problems in the diagnostic utility as shown in the second image attached.

There are windows where there is a rectangle or square which is behind the text, as seen in images 1 and 4.

And in the image 3 show the “Scan” button above the box progress update.

Thanks

[attachment deleted by admin]

• Your Operating System: Windows Vista Ultimate 32bit
  • Security Software Installed: CIS, Spyware Blaster, SUPER AntiSpyware
  • How you produced the problem: opened Autoruns Manager/Services and double-clicked on a service
  • How you tried to resolve the problem: started Task Manager to shut down CSC
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any): NA
  • Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter anyNA
  • All log files of CSC, if you had logs enabled: log files don’t show anything related to this problem
  • Any other Additional Information: the Properties window opens and you can switch between Simple and Advanced, but you can’t close the window. The only way to close the window is to shut down CSC using Task Manager. This problem has existed in all previous versions of the 2.0 Beta. The Startup tab does now list one item, whereas before, none were listed.

Hi,

When you first reported this bug in the previous version, we found it in a slightly different manner, but now we recreated your exact scenario ( Vista 32bit, CIS, Spyware Blaster, SUPER AntiSpyware ) and tried every possible way to reproduce that bug, but everything performed fine in Services tab or any other one from Autoruns Manager. Maybe you can provide us additional information regarding the bug occurrence, it may be possible that one of the services to malfunction.

Thank you for your support.

I am not sure what other information I can provide. It doesn’t matter what service I open the Properties for, or double-click on. After doing that, the Properties window will not close. Clicking on the X at the top right-hand corner of the window does nothing. There is simply no way to close the Properties window except by using Task Manager to close it, which shuts down CSC completely. Screenshots are attached.

Hi,

Can you please verify the functionality of Services window in Administrative Tools ? In order to do this please type “Administrative Tools” at search, above the start button, select Administrative Tools from upper side of the menu, where it appears, and click on services. If it opens, double click on a few services in order to check if the properties function is working properly.

Hi everyone.
- Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit); Windows XP SP3 32bit (Polish localistaion)
- Security Software Installed; Comodo Internet Security 3.10
- How you produced the problem; Graphical (font) errors
- How you tried to resolve the problem; I restarted and reinstalled the program, but the error still exist.
- Screen-shots with the error (if any); Yes.
- Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any; N/A
- All log files of CSC, if you had logs enabled; N/A
- Any other Additional Information; N/A

I’ve got some problem with fonts in new CSC.
At attached screens you can see how it look like.
Diagnostic tool don’t show any error.

The Properties function of all Services in Administrative Tools is working properly.

Hi,

By the looks of the mouse cursor and desktop from those 2 screenshots, it looks like a modified/customized version of Windows where fonts and registry entries are altered to get the desired visual effects. It is highly possible that font corruption may occur with CSC in this situation. We will look into this in order to prevent symptoms like that from happening, but CSC is designed and tested on standard operating systems.

Thank your for your support.

Hi,

I’m not sure why is this happening on your operating system, it may be caused by some issue on your computer, because we tested on many computers until now with the last beta version and did not reproduce that bug. Have you tried installing CSC 2 Beta on another PC ?

On a PC’s without internet connection it slows the system starting by 10-15 minutes. (my PC at work and my friends at home)
Processor locks at 100 %.
After uninstall system starts ok.

[quote author=andrzej78 link=topic=43978.msg319613#msg319613 date=1250617173]

- Security Software Installed; Comodo Internet Security 3.10
- How you produced the problem; Graphical (font) errors
- How you tried to resolve the problem; I restarted and reinstalled the program, but the error still exist.

Hi,

I’m having also the same issue on Windows XP x64 SP2 up-to-date with modified classic theme (I made some color modifications) ever since the installation of the first beta of CSC 2.0. (I’ve tried all the three releases), but I thought it could be an isolated problem. Please check the upcoming release on classic theme also before publishing it. It could be related to the classic theme. Thank you! Also, can’t hardly wait for the next portable version of CSC (although I know it’ll be released when it hits the finale release).
Anyway, you guys are doing a great job!

Hi,

Anyone using a modified/customized Windows with CSC 2.0 may use both classic and Aero without affecting the font used for displaying CSC’s interface only by unchecking Font Locations from Registry Cleaner. As long there is a modified or added font in the fonts location, that effect seen in andrzej78’s screenshots may appear.

P.S. Lorenzor, your Windows installation is modified from the start because there is no official SP2 for Windows XP 64 bit, so it means that it has added features and content. Uncheck File Locations from Registry Cleaner and there should be no problems.

First of all, thank you for your reply Adrian.

What you wrote about the second x64 Service Pack has a bit surprised me. Perhaps this would be officially sufficient: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=893fd6c0-6283-44c3-bb84-b2f0315b2ae6. Otherwise I don’t understand what you meant.

About your advice: do I need to make modifications inside the application? Because I can’t see a ■■■■■■■ thing in the Registry Cleaner section, except the encoded text, just like in the previously attached pictures by andrzej78. Could you attach screenshots about the modification(s) you’ve mentioned, please?
Will it be like I uncheck one thing and, then restart the application and after this everything becomes readable as it should be? How comes that I’ve never experienced such issues in the first version the CSC? I was using the same OS before too. Or is it a newly feature in the second version of CSC? Thank you for your support!