COMODO System Cleaner 2.0.104740.2 BETA BUG REPORTS

Please post all bug reports & BSOD’s here.

Be sure to include:

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit);
  • Security Software Installed;
  • How you produced the problem;
  • How you tried to resolve the problem;
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any);
  • Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any;
  • All log files of CSC, if you had logs enabled;
  • Any other Additional Information;

-Windows XP Media Center SP3
-CIS and MalwareBytes
-Happens every time i run CSC
-No i have not.
-Screen Shot attached
-N/A
-N/A
-None

The description for performed task, shows up on all options.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hi,

We are aware of that fact. CSC is in beta phase for now and we insist on functionality. The description for each tab will be detailed in our future releases before the final version.

Thank you for your support.

• Your Operating System: Windows Vista Ultimate 32bit
  • Security Software Installed: CIS, Spyware Blaster, SUPER AntiSpyware
  • How you produced the problem: opened Autoruns Manager/Services and double-clicked on a service, or right-clicked on a service and clicked ‘Properties’.
  • How you tried to resolve the problem: started Task Manager to shut down CSC
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any): NA
  • Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any: NA
  • All log files of CSC, if you had logs enabled: no log for Autoruns Manager
  • Any other Additional Information: the window that opens when you double-click a service can be switched between Advanced and Simple, but it will not close. Task Manager has to be utilized to close the entire CSC program. Also, there is still nothing listed in the Autoruns Manager Startup tab, although I am sure there should be some dll’s listed there. These are the same problems that occurred in the previous Beta release.

Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit); XP Home 32 bit

• Security Software Installed; CIS
  • How you produced the problem; Did Reg Clean
  • How you tried to resolve the problem; Never tried anything to resolve
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any); below
  • Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any; none
  • All log files of CSC, if you had logs enabled; none
  • Any other Additional Information; CSC does not like any of my software.

Seems like a few too many false entries.

John

Hello,

That is a bug on the application database. Next time you open CSC wait a few seconds and the database should update to a correct version.

Hello

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit): Windows XP SP3 32 bits.
  • Security Software Installed: Comodo Firewall Pro and Avira Premium.
  • How you produced the problem: The problem occurs during installation.
  • How you tried to resolve the problem: Yes, I downloaded again the file to another directory and the installation worked.
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any): Yes, I have an image attached.
  • Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any: None
  • All log files of CSC, if you had logs enabled: None
  • Any other Additional Information: When i run for the first time I left it to install, but after I started the diagnostic utility and found a problem. So during installation I found this message and will not let me continue. Then I uninstalled the product and again installing does not let me continue.

Edit: Also i restart my computer, i clean the registry and the problem persists.

Thanks.

Thanks Razvan

Works fine now after update.

John

Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit); XP SP3, 32 bit

• Security Software Installed; CIS 3.10

Privacy Cleaner does not show Opera 10 (1691). Is it because my profile folder is in the program folder?

Multi User=0 in operaprefs_default.ini

Thanks. :slight_smile:

Not so much a bug, but these reg keys get deleted when they are pretty much needed for my system.

For one, “EnableLUA” is deleted, which controls UAC. If this is deleted, UAC is turned back on but cannot be turned off again until “EnableLUA” is recreated in the registry. (I have UAC off by default btw)

“UACDisableNotify” stops security center from nagging me that uac is turned off, while still maintaining the microsoft security alerts for firewall, antivirus etc. This key is deleted and security center nags me again.

And “Allow WHQL Checks” is enabled in my dxdiag to check my drivers are signed, if deleted i have to recheck the box in dxdiag.

how do i get CSC to ignore these for the time being?

Not found any bugs as of yet!!!

Hi fieseler

You can right click on the entry and choose add to ignore list. Or you can add them yourself with the ignore button at the bottom of the GUI.

John

Hi,

We succeeded in reproducing the bug you reported in a bit different way, but with the same result. Thank you for bringing this fact to our attention. It will be fixed in our next release.

Hi,

We are aware of that fact and are taking the appropriate measures to solve this problem.

P.S. Alternativelly, to avoid manually creating the EnableLUA key in the registry, you can type “msconfig” in Run window, go to Tools tab, select Enable UAC or Disable UAC and click Launch button.

Hi

A few seconds after opened the application, that crash window comes in.

Signature du problème : Nom d’événement de problème: APPCRASH Nom de l’application: CSC.exe Version de l’application: 1.0.0.1 Horodatage de l’application: 4a793c81 Nom du module par défaut: CSC.exe Version du module par défaut: 1.0.0.1 Horodateur du module par défaut: 4a793c81 Code de l’exception: 40000015 Décalage de l’exception: 0000000000102426 Version du système: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1 Identificateur de paramètres régionaux: 1036 Information supplémentaire n° 1: 7d5e Information supplémentaire n° 2: 7d5e775bdfd84f0eb94e6f72e47d0023 Information supplémentaire n° 3: c31e Information supplémentaire n° 4: c31e2609379b3995038cc3337880241d

Lire notre déclaration de confidentialité en ligne :
Déclaration de confidentialité Windows 7

Si la déclaration de confidentialité en ligne n’est pas disponible, lisez la version hors connexion :
C:\Windows\system32\fr-FR\erofflps.txt

If i don’t click OK, then i can still use the program…
When i click OK the application is closed by Windows.

Ok now i gone to Events Viewers and here’s what i can read :

Nom de l’application défaillante CSC.exe, version : 1.0.0.1, horodatage : 0x4a793c81 Nom du module défaillant : CSC.exe, version : 1.0.0.1, horodatage : 0x4a793c81 Code d’exception : 0x40000015 Décalage d’erreur : 0x0000000000102426 ID du processus défaillant : 0x6e0 Heure de début de l’application défaillante : 0x01ca1a26d65cf098 Chemin d’accès de l’application défaillante : C:\Program Files (x86)\COMODO\COMODO System Cleaner\CSC.exe Chemin d’accès du module défaillant: C:\Program Files (x86)\COMODO\COMODO System Cleaner\CSC.exe ID de rapport : 1fa60c08-861a-11de-b98e-0022153df24b

Using Windows 7 RTM 7600 x64.
Comodo Internet Security Free with Firewall and Defense+ enabled, merged with Microsoft Security Essentials.

I’ve uninstalled the application, re-installed it.
I figured out the Auto-Update remain stucks.
After closing the program for the first time and re-runed it another time, the Update crash automatically causing these errors.

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit); Winddows XP SP3
  • Security Software Installed; None
  • How you produced the problem; Try to run after installation
  • How you tried to resolve the problem; Non , do not have internet at Home
  • Any other Additional Information; Does not want to work without internet connection.

We had this before in the version 1 betas aswell , it does not like to run on PC’s that does not have internet connections.

Hi,

CSC V2 beta is still in testing phase on Windows 7. We appreciate your feedback and regret any inconvenience caused by it. We took notice of your scenario and a solution will be implemented in the future releases.

Hi,

This problem was addressed but some recent implementations made that bug active again. It will be fixed in the next release.

Thanks

The pie chart in file wiper has some white lines accross it so i cant see the actual reading properly.

also when choosing privacy cleaner, the progress indicator gets cut off in some ui glitch

i have vista x64 sp2

Hi,

We are on this pie wiper bug, it has already been fixed. The CPC GUI issue you mentioned will also be solved.