COMODO System Cleaner 1.1.64946.38 BUG REPORTS

Hi,

CSC doesn’t clean that location ( windows\system32\config ). When you receive that message it means that the Windows registry has encountered an error, and there can be multiple causes for this to happen. As you can see in the above post we reproduced you scenario also, including XP SP3 32bit, CSC and CIS, but everything worked as it was supposed to.

Thank you for your support.

When I attempt to install System Cleaner (v1.1.64946.38), it crashes with the message, “Exception EAccessViolation CSC_SetupP1.1.64946.38_xp_vista_server2003_x32 (Comodo System C at 0FC6EDEA. Access violation at address 10070006. Read of address 0000006F.” Any idea why?

Security SW: ZoneAlarm Extreme Security

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hi,

We are not sure how did that error occurred on your computer. Although ZoneAlarm is known for generating problems and blocking CSC modules ( please read on page 2 from this thread ) we never encountered or received feedback involving that error. Are you using a modified ( nLited ) version of XP Pro SP3 or have you installed a transformation pack or something similar ? As a first step in clarifying the cause for this , please uninstall Zone Alarm and check if the error still occurs and verify your RAM memory modules with Memtest or a a similar internal memory testing tool to make sure you RAM is OK.

Thank you for your support

I can’t install CSC on Windows 7 RC x86 build 7100. I keep getting an error “Your operating system does not meet the minimum requirements to complete this installation.”.

My system was installed from an unmodified Windows XP Pro SP2 distribution disk, then updated to SP3 along with all current MS patches. After uninstalling ZA, attempting to install System Cleaner fails with no error message; it just goes away. After reinstalling ZA, the failure message appears when installation is attempted. No memory issues were found.

• John

Operating System: XP Home SP3 x32
Security Software Installed: CIS 3,10
How you produced the problem: Checking both user’s temp folder and windows’ temp folder
Description: The problem occured when I attempted to do a fresh install of the latest version of CIS, which is 3,10 at the moment. During the installation, the installer reported, that it was unable to extract EULA.txt (resolved now), because apparently there was not enough free space in my temp folders. I did power-cleaning my PC using COMODO System Cleaner yet the temp folders remained uncleaned. Based on that fact I figured out that COMODO System Cleaner malfunctions when handling certain types actions on certain types of folders on the harddrive.

Also, I’d like to remind the COMODO System Cleaner team, that the software sometimes removes more than it is supposed to, when handling the registry in particular. Revisions would be necessary.

Problem solved. When I downloaded the install file, I appended the date and version number to the file name. Apparently, during installation, the file name is checked, and the install fails (with no indication why) if it has been modified. I reverted it back to its original name, and the installation succeeded.

Hi,

I’m glad to hear that, because we tried every way to reproduce your scenario, but regardless of the operating system and circumstances, CSC installed and ran just fine. We even renamed the setup executable and still CSC installed without error. I’m not sure what exactly caused that error to occur but I think a problem related to your operating system, a virus or such, or probably Zone Alarm if you say that the error message disappeared after uninstalling ZA.

Thank you for your support.

Comodo System Cleaner 2.0 Beta is available.

https://forums.comodo.com/beta_corner_csc/comodo_system_cleaner_201019291_beta_released-t42443.0.html;msg307754#msg307754

Please continue posting bugs/feedback for that as version 1 will no longer be maintained. Remember it is BETA so use it at your own risk. The beta Corner/versions are only visible to Forum Members.

Cheers,
Josh