COMODO System Cleaner 1.1.64946.38 BUG REPORTS

Your Operating; System Widows Vista sp 1, 32-bit;- Security Software Installed; ZoneAlarm Internet Sec., Spysweeper,Spyware Dr. SAS pro, Spyware terminator, spybot S&D, Ashampoo Antispy, How you produced the problem; I ran CSC and when I was prompted to reboot, PC restarted, but would hang and not go to sign in screen. I had to physcially turn off PC and when I restarted It would go into safe mode and request I do a system restore to fix no start errors.

• How you tried to resolve the problem; tryed to redownload CSC and run program again with same problem ocurring.
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any); n/a
  • Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any; n/a
  • All log files of CSC, if you had logs enabled; the system restore removes CSC.
  • Any other Additional Information; n/a

Hi,

Can you please be more specific describing your problem ? Did System Restore solve the Windows loading issue ?
Please describe in a more accurate way what module of CSC have you ran before encountering the problem ( Registry Cleaner, Disk Cleaner, Privacy Cleaner ), what version of CSC have you used and if you can send us your logs from C:\Program Files\COMODO\cdc.log, crc.log and cpc.log.
Word of advice: for the best protection and system stability use less antispyware software products, not so many at once.

Thank you for your support.

Hello and thanks for your response to my problem. The version of CSC I used the last time was v 1.1.64946.38 and each time before I ran the program I made sure it was up to date and that the modules check was in good health status. It didn’t matter which of the modules I ran, (I tryed each of the three)whenever I was prompted to reboot my PC the result was the same. It would not fully reboot and would hang indefinitely (at the microsoft corp. logo), and not go to the sign in. I had to physically shut down PC. When I restarted my PC it would start in safe mode and indicate a problem with start up and then ask if I wanted to do a system restore to an earlier point. The restore did solve the start up problem, but brought PC to a point before CSC was installed, so I don’t have error logs to send. I can’t get CSC to work and I currently only have Comodo Registry Cleaner v 1.0.17.23 and this works with no problem, because I don’t receive a reboot prompt with this program. During the last attempt with CSC I tryed the power clean, I shut down the anti spy as well as ZAS, and disconected PC from the internet, followed the prompt to reboot. The result was still the same. Reboot, hang, shut down, system restore.

Hi,

We reproduced your scenario with Zone Alarm Internet Security installed, and received similar results when running CSC’s Registry Cleaner for example, and a few other registry cleaners. ( Screenshot attached ) Even when Zone Alarm was closed we encountered problems in running CSC’s modules. We recommend using Comodo Internet Security as a security software when running CSC on your system, or anything reliable, except Zone Alarm which we had a hard time running and caused more problems besides messing with CSC functionality.

[attachment deleted by admin]

I recently downloaded the comodo registry cleaner. Upon first using it, I selected the option to power clean my computer. When it said to clean something, I selected to clean it. When it finished cleaning my computer, I restarted it. The computer won’t load windows xp when I reopened it. It just kept on loading and loading and loading. After 15 minutes, it was still loading. I held the power button and shut it off. I reopened my computer and it said “your computer did not start up properly”. There were a couple options to choose from, I selected last known good configeration. It still didn’t work. Next I selected safe mode. It took me to the start up menu and I logged into my account. I went to the registry cleaner and restored the files. When I restarted the computer again, it still didn’t work. What should I do?

Hi,

Can you please tell us what antivirus/security software have you installed ? That is a manifestation that we encountered when Norton 360 is installed because it blocks CSC’s start-up registry keys. And please tell us if you are using a trial version or a licensed ( purchased ) version of the antivirus software product.

CRC. Jump to… in Regedit works incorrectly for selected line.

Hi,

First you have to select the registry result found after scanning with CRC ( click on it ) then right click and “Go to Registry”, otherwise sometimes, it displays the last registry entry selected.

Try it several times yourself with or withour your suggestion. i see a floating bug and no advice will solve it.

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit);windows xp sp3 32 bit
  • Security Software Installed;pctools antivirus, zone alarm firewall
  • How you produced the problem;run CSC
  • How you tried to resolve the problem;n/a
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any);n/a
  • Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any;none
  • All log files of CSC, if you had logs enabled;n/a
  • Any other Additional Information; i run csc rebooted and stuck in wimdows logo… i try last good configuration,safemode and no good result… i 1st run csc i my d partition with zonealarm firewall and nod32 antivirus… i didnt encounter any problem so i decided to install it and run in my c drive that give me the problem… any solution 4 this…
    tnx

hi, every time i start the latest version of CSC (1.1.64946.38_xp_vista_server2003_x64) it will instantly close again or hang. this also happens with CVA:/

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit);
    Windows XP Pro 64bit Sp2
  • Security Software Installed;
    CIS 3.9.95478.509
  • How you produced the problem;
    Starting CSC
  • How you tried to resolve the problem;
    reeinstalling CSC
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any);
    none
  • Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any;
    none (no idea how to get them)
  • All log files of CSC, if you had logs enabled;
    Event Type: Information
    Event Source: DrWatson
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 4097
    Date: 06.06.2009
    Time: 16:19:23
    User: N/A
    Description:
    The application, D:\Program Files (x86)\COMODO\System Cleaner\CSC.exe, generated an application error The error occurred on 06/06/2009 @ 16:19:23.718 The exception generated was c0000005 at address 000007FF7D0648B8 (urlmon!CopyBindInfo)
  • Any other Additional Information;
    none

Still removes some system files, drivers and registry paths connected to them.

Operating system: XP Home SP3
Security software: CIS
Method: Regular system cleaning

Does this help? Sorry, I don’t have 64 bit OS to try it.
https://forums.comodo.com/comodo_system_cleaner_fileregistryprivacy_cleaner/csc_crashing_due_to_dep-t39069.0.html

if i add CSC to the IEC which is disabled there is no change.
where can i download older versions of CSC?

i attached 2 files which got included in the error report, maybe that helps analyzing the problem

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hi,

Please read above, on page 2, the issues regarding usage of Zone Alarm with Comodo System Cleaner, and our recommendation for this case.

Hi,

We are aware of that problem, which in some rare cases occurs on Windows XP 64 bit in CSC’s main interface. A solution will exist in the next version of Comodo System Cleaner. In the meantime you can use the modules individually - meaning if you go in C:\Program Files (x86)\COMODO\System Cleaner, you can access Disk Cleaner ( CDC ), Registry Cleaner ( CRC ), Privacy Cleaner ( CPC ), System Settings ( CSS ) and so on.

thanks a lot, the moduels work fine and im glad to hear that this problem will be fixed:D

My equipment (only for testing purposes):
MB AOpen MX3S (Intel 815 chipset)
Pentium III 1 GHz
RAM 512 MB
VGA ATI Rage 128 Pro
HDD Seagate 60 GB ST360021A
DVD-ROM Samsung GDR-8164B
USB ADSL Modem Thomson SpeedTouch 330

My Software:
Fresh installation XP Pro SP3
Drivers for chipset, Ultra ATA, VGA, ADSL Modem
Firefox 3.0.11, Adobe Reader, MS WORD Viewer, JAVA 6.14
CIS …509

Everything wirks fine.

After installation CSC .38, everything works fine till firs reboot.
XP reaches Welcome screen and stopped.
Keyboard is operating (at least I can on and off CAPS Lock, Num Lock and Scroll Lock.
Mouse cursor is moving.

After rebooting to Safe Mode and deinstallation OF CSC, everything work fine.

Best regards
William

CSC “cleans” \windows\system32\config\system (no extension) so that on next reboot Windows reports that the file is missing or corrupt and suggests repairing using the Windows install CD. This is the identical problem discussed at

https://forums.comodo.com/comodo_system_cleaner_fileregistryprivacy_cleaner/comodo_system_cleaner_116494638-t41245.0.html

except I do not have and never have had Norton 360 installed.

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit);
    WinXP Pro SP3 32bit
  • Security Software Installed;
    CIS up to date
  • How you produced the problem;
    cleaned with CSC .38 powerclean, then rebooted
  • How you tried to resolve the problem;
    started “repair” with Windows CD – (didn’t even need to run through the repair process, apparently, because I didn’t enter the correct administrator account password so the repair procedure aborted, but next reboot was successful
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any);
    not available
  • Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any;
    not applicable
  • All log files of CSC, if you had logs enabled;
    I did not
  • Any other Additional Information;

Hi,

We tried to reproduce your scenario using the exact operating system and software you mentioned, but after many power clean procedures and various other ways of scanning/cleaning, Windows XP SP3 started after restart and worked just fine, every software product did its job properly. I think the cause for your problem resides elsewhere than CSC. And another thing, did you check Prefetch Application Cache or Filter Entries in Disk Cleaner before cleaning ?