COMODO System Cleaner 1.1.61653.21 (major update) BETA BUG REPORTS [CLOSED]

Please post all bug reports & BSOD’s here.

Be sure to include:

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit);
  • Security Software Installed;
  • How you produced the problem;
  • How you tried to resolve the problem;
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any);
  • Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any;
  • Any other Additional Information;
  • Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit); Vista Home Premium 32bit
  • Security Software Installed; CIS latest (not beta)
  • How you produced the problem; Clicking the updater button
  • How you tried to resolve the problem; Updating, that failed as it wanted to update again
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any); N/A
  • Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any; N/A
  • Any other Additional Information; CSC keeps thinking there is an update, when there isn’t. I tried to update it (and nothing was different when the update installer was done), but after the update it just kept on saying there was a new update.

I updated internally and the version was not updated. I still had v-1.0.60093.1. I uninstalled and installed the new version from the forum and still had version 1.0.6. I thought maybe you forgot to change the number so tested it out. I got the same results as I did in v. 1.0.6. Nothing looks changed to me at all.

Quote from: JJasper on December 09, 2008, 01:05:04 PM

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit); ******XP Home SP2 32 bit.
  • Security Software Installed; *****CIS.3.5, BOClean 4.27
  • How you produced the problem; **clicked on Diagnostics / system information
  • How you tried to resolve the problem; **closed CSC and retried - same results
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any); **see below

I clicked on Diagnostics / system information and got the microsoft bug - need to close CSC, each time I clicked on it same thing.

John

https://forums.comodo.com/comodo_system_cleaner_fileregistryprivacy_cleaner/comodo_system_cleaner_106009319_bug_reports-t32428.0.html;msg231378#msg231378

Ditto to the Updater stating there is, when there isn’t an update. XP Pro SP3

JJasper 1.0.61653.21 is what I show as newest beta version.

Did clean install from the start, I believe there are feature changes that may conflict if updated.
Don’t know if that helps at all.

After the second uninstall and reinstall I now get the 1.0.61653.21 that means that Andrei gave the wrong version number. I still have the other problem though. Had it from the first version out.

John

Hello,

Please uninstall first the old version and install the BETA. I already placed this into the forum announcement but I think it was not too visible. Do not use the internal update of the old version.

Privacy cleaner crashes when run.

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit);
    Windows XP SP3 32bit
  • Security Software Installed;
    CIS 3.5 (build: 439)
  • How you produced the problem;
    Run the privacy cleaner.
  • How you tried to resolve the problem;
    Re-run the scan
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any);
    Attached

[attachment deleted by admin]

I needed to uninstall. After install the first reboot just gave BSOD’s. Couldn’t do anything

Because they messed with ugly driver writes: csdf.sys that i belive they think is for “SAVE DELETION” lol)
CRC doesn’t save ignore items or doesn’t apply them when it’s selected on check list.
Give up your driver installation! Or at least ask users if they need to ■■■■ their system with BSODy drivers.
CSC just yesterday automatically downloaded this beta ant today it displays again: NEW VERSION AVAILABLE. WHy so? CSC crashed cuple of times while updating so.

Hello

Restart your computer, press F8 key before your OS starts and select “Last Known Good Configuration(your most recent settings that worked)”. Thank you for your support.

[color=red]Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit); XP SP2 32bit

• Security Software Installed; CIS latest
  • How you produced the problem; Runtime termination says ended in unusual way to contact support
  • How you tried to resolve the problem; Restarted computer several times to no avail and then reinstalled same outcome. Finally uninstalled.
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any); N/A
  • Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any; N/A
  • Any other Additional Information; During uninstall ran into same runtime error termination message had to end application processes for uninstall to succeed.

Platform: Windows XP SP3 32-bit on VBox
Security software: none.

CSI.exe crashes while it’s scanning for hardware/software. Inspector IIXII crash log attached.

Operating system: Windows XP SP3 32-bit
Security software: Avira Antivir Personal Edition 8.2.0.337, Comodo Firewall 3.5.61373.458

Comodo Registry Cleaner.

Registry entries added to Ignore List by option in context menu ‘Add key to ignore list’ are actually saved to Filter Entries.

Security software: Avira Antivir Personal Edition 8.2.0.337, Comodo Firewall 3.5.61373.458

Comodo Registry Cleaner detect valid shared folders as invalid value in registry if the folder on hard drive contains the space character in its name. If these registry values are deleted and PC has been rebooted then these shared folders won’t be available in LAN any longer.

Comodo Registry Cleaner.

Typical Windows’ key combination to select all content in a text field ( Ctrl + A ) doesn’t work in Insert new entry field. Other typical key combination to copy, paste, cut, undo, etc. work as expected.

• Your Operating System: Windows Vista Ultimate 32bit
  • Security Software Installed: CIS 3.8.6 Beta, BOClean, SpywareBlaster, Super AntiSpyware, MalwareBytes AntiMalware
  • How you produced the problem: can’t reproduce
  • How you tried to resolve the problem: uninstalled and reinstalled Comodo System Cleaner
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any): NA
  • Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any: NA
  • Any other Additional Information: see below

Comodo Registry Cleaner starts using 100% of CPU resources of a Core 2 Cuo Intel E6600 processor. The system slows to a crawl and takes forever to bootup and load startup programs, which have been slimmed down to a minimum. I have seen 100% CPU usage before from Comodo Memory Firewall, but that never slowed the computer down to the point where it was almost unusable and was correctable by adding the offending executable(s) to the Exclusion list in CMF.

This has now happened twice and both times I simply uninstalled CSC and then reinstalled it. The computer seems to work fine for a week or so, and then suddenly hits a wall where CPU resource usage is pegged at 100% and everything slows down to a crawl. I don’t know exactly what is happening because I haven’t been able to get Task Manager to open before uninstalling CSC, so that I could look at specific process usage. However, since uninstalling CSC takes care of the problem immediately, I have to assume that it is CSC that is hogging the CPU resources, but I don’t have any idea what triggers this to happen. Up until the time when this does occur, the computer functions normally and CPU usage is quite low. The CSC Beta program functions properly, also. I am still trying to determine if there is any one specific thing that I am doing right before CPU usage goes to 100% and the computer slows to a crawl.

Comodo Registry Cleaner.

Progress bar reaches 100% before the scan is finished. Minor GUI issue but you might want to tweak it.