COMODO System Cleaner 1.0.60093.19 BUG Reports

I have the same bug as BadFrogger and JamesFrance (ct.exe and cvbc.exe are always altered).

XP Pro 32-bit

CIS .439 (Firewall, Antivirus, Defense+)

CMF, BOClean, SpywareBlaster, Spybot S&D, Super AntiSpyware, MalwareBytes Anti-Malware, a-squared free, Avira Anti-Virus

Hi

The Unsafe Entries are not supposed EVER to be deleted. Every registry cleaner makes these kind of warnings. Those are registry entries used by applications and windows processes which are currently running. Deleting them makes the applications and the processes unusable. So, never select them for removal.

Thank you for your support.

ive added them to the ignore list as of today.

Security Software: Comodo Internet Security 3.5. Nothing else running.

I reported this in the RC Bug Report thread too. Disk Cleaner, Registry Cleaner or Privacy Cleaner clears Firefox book marks and restores Firefox to default. I’m pretty sure it’s a Disk Cleaner issue, Here are the DiskCleaner logs:

Disk Cleaner logs…
[ 24.12.08 13:18:48 ] C:\Documents and Settings\Josh\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\sev15qv1.default\formhistory.sqlite
[ 24.12.08 13:18:48 ] C:\Documents and Settings\Josh\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\sev15qv1.default\downloads.sqlite
[ 24.12.08 13:18:48 ] C:\Documents and Settings\Josh\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\sev15qv1.default\key3.db
[ 24.12.08 13:18:48 ] C:\Documents and Settings\Josh\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\sev15qv1.default\signons3.txt
[ 24.12.08 13:18:48 ] C:\Documents and Settings\Josh\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\sev15qv1.default\OfflineCache\index.sqlite
[ 24.12.08 13:18:48 ] C:\Documents and Settings\Josh\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\sev15qv1.default\Cache_CACHE_MAP_
[ 24.12.08 13:18:48 ] C:\Documents and Settings\Josh\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\sev15qv1.default\Cache_CACHE_003_
[ 24.12.08 13:18:48 ] C:\Documents and Settings\Josh\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\sev15qv1.default\Cache_CACHE_002_
[ 24.12.08 13:18:48 ] C:\Documents and Settings\Josh\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\sev15qv1.default\Cache_CACHE_001_
[ 24.12.08 13:18:48 ] C:\Documents and Settings\Josh\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\sev15qv1.default\cookies.sqlite

I would appreciate it if a developer reproduces this on a XP SP3 System. If a developer needs me to attach a specific log, let me know. :slight_smile: It’s a pretty annoying bug since if some one has alot of bookmarks, etc on there Firefox toolbar then it’s a real bummer. :frowning:

Cheers,
Josh

Hi,
You probably have an older log of Disk Cleaner ,because in the new update of the CSC ,“Private Data from Browsers” has been removed from Disk Cleaner Module.

Thanks for the bug report.

I just realized it’s not a DiskCleaner issue. It’s a privacy Cleaner issue…

Privacy Cleaner Cleans…

C:\Documents and Settings\Josh\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\b94wkm1p.default\bookmarkbackups\bookmarks-2009-01-04.json - Deleted successfully
C:\Documents and Settings\Josh\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\b94wkm1p.default\bookmarkbackups\bookmarks-2009-01-05.json - Deleted successfully
C:\Documents and Settings\Josh\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\b94wkm1p.default\bookmarkbackups\bookmarks-2009-01-06.json - Deleted successfully
C:\Documents and Settings\Josh\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\b94wkm1p.default\bookmarkbackups\bookmarks-2009-01-07.json - Deleted successfully
C:\Documents and Settings\Josh\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\b94wkm1p.default\bookmarkbackups\bookmarks-2009-01-08.json - Deleted successfully

After those Bookmarks were Deleted, Toolbar in Firefox 3.0.5 (Latest) Looks like this…

http://i444.photobucket.com/albums/qq164/ComodoJosh/Nomoretoolbars.png

Cheers,
Josh

Deleting sensitive options in Privacy Cleaner will be warned before cleaning.

Thank you for your support.

Hi ,

Sorry for the inconvenient, this will be fixed in the future update . Although the entries are at "Unsafe to delete entries ", section we are trying to make it as safe as possible.
Thanks for the bug report . You really helped us .

I’m not to argue, Okay but isn’t deleting Bookmarks a bad thing though? Or is this “warning” being added in the future?

Cheers,
Josh

Checking all of the Memory Management Options in the System section of System Settings in Tune Up resulted in Windows becoming unbootable for my administrator profile. I got a box about being unable to load user profile and about insufficient system resources. Same error when selecting Guest profile. After a few restarts, selecting F10 System Recovery, a similar box informs that a temporary profile is being loaded, my administrator account then loads Windows but no programs run due to “insufficient system resources” Another restart. Guest account loads Windows, Start works but all programs won’t run due to insufficient access rights. Logged out of Windows. Logged into admin account and everything was fine.

Windows XP Pro 32bit

Comodo CIS .439, CMF, BOClean, Avira Anti-virus, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, Spybot S&D, Spyware Blaster, SUPER AntiSpyware, A-squared Free

CRC detecting Comodo Firewall Pro registry entires…is this a bug? (see posts below)

Post 1
Post 2

I’ve had CRC detect some CIS/Defense+ entries, but they were indeed invalid (i.e. references to files no longer on my PC).

Surely CIS itself should be cleaning what is in fact its own database not CRC.

At present the Purge facilities in CIS only clear up at the high level, they do not clean out references to obsolete software within other valid software rules.

However even if CIS cleared out the obsolete references there would still be rules where references to software are generic and they would be picked up erroneously by CRC.

Personally, I don’t believe CRC should be cleaning this area of the Registry and I have placed the the CIS Rules in the ignore list.

I have used the information to manually clean up the rules from within CIS but I believe any automated feature should be within CIS not CRC.

Regards Dave

Agreed. CRC shouldn’t remove CIS keys because it’ll leave some rules “blank” or “invisible”, so they’re not totally gone, especially when CIS is running due to its registry protection.

Exactly the same problem… In Defense+ Computer Security Policy the entries turn up blank.

Win XP SP3. Hope a Dev looks into this.

I had this too, but it occurred only once. A generic application icon showed up on the left side of the Secuiry policy window, but there was no application name (no text) next to it. Unfortunately, I am not sure what caused this (although I suspect it was caused by cleaning the Firewall registry entries). I selected “edit” and there was no application name in the edit window either. So, I simply deleted these entries in the security policy window. I could not reproduce the problem despite cleaning the firewall registry entries many times (including deleting reg entries with CIS policy window open and D+ alert on screen and other programs running).

The firewall entires only show up if you do an in depth scan. And in general, the same ones show up (on my system) again and again, although they are different from this user

Windows XP SP3, Realtime avira, Boclean 4.27, Realtime superantispyware, CIS, Comodo memory firewall

[attachment deleted by admin]

Soyabeaner, could your situation have something to do with the purge function? ??? In other words, the reg entries in CRC would go away when the purge button is used.

For my siutation (in my post above) the entries that I listed persisted despite the fact that all the security policies were vaild (i.e. purge function said everything was valid).

Whoop

No, because those keys happened to be in areas deep in the Computer Security Policy rules where the Purge button isn’t available. I’m usually a clean freak, so I would’ve purged as much as possible before I executed CRC.

This might not be a bug but I’ll report it anyway :). I’m unable to update CSC when using “Run as…” under a limited account. Seems to go through the process of downloading the update and rebooting. After reboot, CRC is the same version :(. As said, this may not be a bug but if possible, please allow the update process to run under a limited account.

Windows XP Pro SP3 inc. CIS, BBOClean and SafeSurf.

:slight_smile:

Edit: Sorry, please ignore above post. Just read the notice about uninstalling the previous version before installing this version. Will post back if I encounter problems with the next update :-[.

Firefox bookmarks are still being deleted with default settings. Another new user caught by this today.

https://forums.comodo.com/empty-t32746.0.html;new;topicseen#new