Comodo should ask if you want to sandbox an application before it runs [M1901]

1. What actually happened or you saw:
Applications are either sandboxed, blocked, or ran restricted based on the settings. When an application is sandboxed, if you trust it, you must choose not to sandbox the program again, and execute the program a SECOND time.

2. What you wanted to happen or see:
I would like to see more information about a program before it actually runs, giving the user an option to run it normally, block, restricted, or sandbox. As of right now, an unknown program will automatically run sandboxed, blocked, or restricted and the user has to check “do not sandbox this program next time”.

In the sandbox settings, in the “action” drop down lists, add the option to “ask” in addition to run sandbox, run restricted, block, ignore. This way, when an unknown application is launched, Comodo will ASK us what to do.

3. Why you think it is desirable:
I think it would save time by the user not having to go into the program settings all the time, and give the user more granular control right from the prompts themselves.

4. Any other information:
The user can choose in the settings to

1. Make all sandbox settings global, for all unknown applications, and do not prompt
  2. Prompt an alert every time, for each unknown program.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thank you for submitting this Wish Request. I have now moved this to the WAITING AREA.

Please be sure to vote for your own wish, and for any other wishes you also support. It is also worthwhile to vote against wishes you think would be a waste of resources, as implementing those may slow down the wishes you would really like to see added.

Thanks again.

futuretech, whats the status pf this wish? this is here for at least 120 days without moves and I would like to know if devs are going to implement it or not? or when?

Its in the tracker and they are aware of it, but whether or not they actually implement it is anyone’s guess. I have updated the tracker with a comment indicating the overwhelming request for this feature.

thanks!!!

hi future… we have the first hotfix release for cis 10 and so far nothing about this wish request.

can you please talk to melih, buket, or anyone else so people can put this request on the comodo agenda?

I am very displeased that this was not implemented in the new version. This wish has 40 votes in favor of it.

Can’t edit posts now?? ???

Anyway if this feature to have a prompt appear when an unknown program is executed is not implemented because of security reasons, like being able to lock the program down to prevent changes, then why don’t they have a setting that allows popups (with administrator password) On/Off in the configuration settings?

hi future… any news from devs about this wish request?

If this feature can’t be implemented for whatever reason, I would love to see a version with Comodo Cloud Antivirus and Firewall, without this HIPS. CCAV has less sandboxing control overall, but at least it offers the option to ask you about unknown software. I am torn between CIS with HIPS disabled, or

CCAV with Comodo Firewall

Is this feature still on the TODO list? It is very much wanted )

https://forums.comodo.com/verified-wish-reports-cis/add-option-for-bb-to-ask-how-individual-files-will-be-run-inside-bb-m909-t102365.0.html

Probably the most requested feature for years and still nothing

But I guess it lowers overall security by giving any potential malware time to do its job.

So you run games on a sandbox? and all the good software not recognize by Comodo? lol

I only use firewall and hips components. Not even recognizers.

Ok, understood, your comment didn’t make any sense.

It does. From a point of security, nobody cares about games.

You are so fun. ;D

As if people can’t start en .exe file twice. Wow it’s so time consuming, we have to add another option. Really funny. ;D

Ok, now is crystal clear that you didn’t understood my post at all… poor kid