Comodo security agent cannot be started v7 RC

1Issue. Uninstalled RC beta (due to freeze problems) and reinstalled the RC beta. On windows access Comodo gives the error “COMODO security agent cannot be started”
2CIS v7.0.312140.4101
3. Windows XP SP3 32bit on VM VirtualBox
4. No configuration changes, it’s a clean install after an uninstallation
5. No, I’ve uninstalled the previous RC of CIS using Revo Uninstaller and reinstalled it
6. MBAM free, SAS free
7. I was having freezing problems with CIS v7.0.312140.4101 with the process cavwp on 99% CPU usage

• so I’ve killed and restarted all Comodo’s process without solving the problem.
  • So I’ve uninstalled CIS with Revo in Advanced mode. All files were removed and all registry key were also removed (I’ve verified both in Programs folder and in regedit).
  • After this I’ve reinstalled the same version of CIS without having any error.
  • I’ve restarted the VM but Comodo displays the following error “COMODO security agent cannot be started”
  • I’ve run the diagnostic tool and it finds errors but it also said that was unable to fix them automatically.
    Comodo is not active on VM and also trying to execute cmdagent.exe is futile

Sorry for my english :slight_smile: I hope this is an accettable report :slight_smile:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Even though it sounds like you have done a very good job in making sure it is removed, I would appreciate it if you would try once more. However, this time make sure you follow the advice I give in this post, including running the two removal tools in Safe Mode. Then, let me know if the issue continues. I know this may seem like a waste of time, but please do try it.

Thank you.

Hi Chiron
I’ve followed your tips and the installation was successful. No errors on startup.
Seems like the previous installation of CIS 7RC went wrong.

Thank you Chiron

That’s great to hear. In that case I’ll move this to Resolved. Something was probably left over from before which was causing problems.