COMODO Registry Cleaner 1.0.12.15 RC Released! [CLOSED]

Hello,

We are happy to announce the Release Candidate!

Whats new?

• You can now see Last Restore Date in back-up page (as suggested by one of our forum users - thank you!);
  • Help is now available.

What has changed?

• Schedule is now integrated into Settings;
  • Schedule uses windows Task Scheduler, so from now on you are asked for password in order to use it (you should know that if you do not set a password for you User windows Task Scheduler will not let you set a job!);
  • Setup is now way smaller than previous release as we changed the setup script and compression.

What was fixed?

• Compact BSOD on Vista 32-bit and 64-bit;
  • GUI flicker when pressing Clean-up button.

RC NOTICE: This product is intended for special users (BETA Testers) who would like to join the testing process. It may contain minor bugs and should be used with precaution on production machine.

Download Locations:

Setup for Windows Vista 32-bit/64-bit, Windows XP 32-bit/64-bit and Windows 2000 SP4

URL: [url=http://doownload.comodo.com/crc/download/setups/CRC_Setup_1.0.12.15_2k_XP_Vista_Server2003_x32_x64_RC.exe]http://download.comodo.com/crc/download/setups/CRC_Setup_1.0.12.15_2k_XP_Vista_Server2003_x32_x64_RC.exe[/url]
Size: 3.16 MB (3,158,552 bytes)
MD5: b8dc3cd662944f89df6af61f9761ab9e
SHA1: 0df5b6eb51720d2dca908bb0a65c5e6a37251940

Thank you for downloading and testing previous version! You were very helpful in the past and we hope you will continue work with us to create the best registry cleaner product!

Hi Guys,
Please give it a final try and then we make it out unless you guys have anything serious to complain about.

Thank you very much for all your efforts in testing and we have one more product driven out as per the wishes of the users.

Thanks
-umesh

Great news Comodo! :slight_smile:

If users find any bugs please post them here.

Thanks

LA

Thanks team for this new version!

The outlook-bug I still had with the previous edition has been solved! Thanks.

So far everything seems to run very smoothly and no issues!

Thanks, great job!

Harry

Well done Comodo!!! (:CLP)

Everything running good here! :slight_smile:

Josh

So far everything goes fine but I did not use IN-DEPTH SEARCH to prevent any damage on my Other programs.

(:KWL) (:KWL) (:KWL)

Hi , 

Please check IN-DEPTH SEARCH section and inform us if something goes wrong . Thanks

HE!!O Andrew Alex

I Tested it… my ENCARTA, CHIKKA, HP SOLUTION CENTER has been damage! but its okay. . . I install it again. Next time i will NOT use IN-DEPTH SEARCH. without using in-depth search, everything works well but every time a run CRC, my PC had a hard time starting specially the Sidebars and worst? sometimes, my weather forecast’s is missing on sidebar!

(:WIN) (:WIN) (:WIN)

Hi ,
Please send us the log file that CRC creates after cleaning the registry . That file contains all the entries deleted . It will be very useful for us to identify and repair the problem . Thanks .

HE!!O Andrew Alex (:WAV)

I uninstall CRC after that event thats why I can’t give you the Logs. But when I install CIS I decided to use it again, that’s why I Avoided using IN-DEPTH SEARCH during Scanning. CRC without In-Depth Search Helps me Install CIS perfectly. I’m having trouble in IN-DEPTH SEARCH Only thats why I do not use it. As of now, Every Time I use my PC, I first Run CRC before using normally my Pc.

Hi Andrew Alex,

about 20 entrees could not be deleted as they are in use.

I thought they would be deleted when running CRC at start-up but this is not the case. I guess a run in Safe-mode will do it. Any other way to delete those entrees?

Harry (:NRD)

There are some registry of your PC that CRC do not delete. . . because your PC is needing those registry for running and to prevent any damage.

Hi ,
Have you tried to restore the backup registry file ?

Yap! I tried it before uninstalling… sad to say WINDOWS said, CRC is Stop Working that’s why I wait 15 minutes for CRC to respond but nothing happens that’s why I uninstall it. Well for now as I’ve said, I install CRC again which is a Prime Key to Install my CIS for the second Attempt Perfectly BUT to make it sure it will not harm anymore to my Programs, I do not Use In-Depth Search.

Hi Again ,
When you cleaned the registry with IN_DEPTH section selected , did you had any CD in the CD-Rom drive or any USB stick inserted ? This is a very important thing . Please tell us .

I do not Have CD and DVD Disk during CRC scanning with In-Depth Search BUT… I do have a 4GB High Speed Memory Stick as my Lifetime USB Stick for my Vista READY BOOST. I do not Have a Floppy also because I Disabled it.
my Question is… WHY IS THAT AT WINDOWS STARTUP/BOOTING After running CRC, my PC gets a HARD TIME to Show my SIDE BAR and some of my Programs? Worst? my WEATHER FORECAST doesn’t appear sometimes?

:THNK :THNK :THNK

this is a good app, tried it like 3 times so far, and I’m quite happy with the results :smiley:

one other question…well it’s more like a request, but could someone give me the regcleaners logo?

Here…

Josh

[attachment deleted by admin]

http://i38.tinypic.com/ngop54.png

thanks, I managed to rip the logo from the pic :wink:

offtopic: if you even get tired of the current logo, here is an alternative for it

http://i38.tinypic.com/301k87s.png

Thanks for your Effort. :slight_smile:

Josh