comodo & RDP = no ?

why doesnt comodo allow RDP (windows remote desktop) even if a rule is explicitly created?

when no rule was made, and a connection attempt from my workplace to home… nothing popped up in comodo… it should of asked …
“do you want to allow the application C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe TCP connection incoming on port 3389”
(with rdp - tcp is the connection, and udp is only used if you want to stream the audio)

but nope… it didnt ask anything… so i made the rule

ALLOW
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
TCP & UDP INCOMING
PORT 3389

but nope still doesnt work…

in the log =
Severity :Medium
Reporter :Network Monitor
Description: Inbound Policy Violation (Access Denied, IP = xx.xx.xxx. xx, Port = ms-rdp(3389))
Protocol: TCP Incoming
Source:xx.xx.xxx. xx:1453
Destination: 192.168.0.2:ms-rdp(3389)
TCP Flags: SYN
Reason: Network Control Rule ID = 7

nm fixed…
seems you need to manually create a rule in the network monitor section, but is pretty dangerous, as it doesnt require an application to be named… it just allows port 3389 in for everything

would be nicer if a rule could be created that specified the application required… (svchost.exe)

You could enter the IP address of the computer at work for the source address and that would only allow your work computer to connect. If it is not a static IP then you could use a range of addresses. Unless the PC gets unplugged frequently then the PC would most likely keep the same IP.

Hope this helps.

jasper

yeh my home & work is static, and forwarded in the router to only the specified address’s

just seems odd to me that if you specify any application rules in application monitor… that require inbound connections, it does nothing.

you must enter a specific inbound rule in the network monitor…

(then if a specific rule is present in the network monitor, the application monitor doesnt do anything, or even need to exist)

ive made inbound network monitor rules for utorrent & RDP…

if i delete the rules in application monitor, everything still works… and the application doesnt get prompted for again

seems pointless to even bother having the option for inbound rules within the application monitor section, as they infact do nothing at all.

has this been overhauled and fixed in v3?