Comodo Programs Manager 1.3.1.5 BETA 2 BUG REPORTS

Please post all bug reports & BSOD’s here.

Be sure to include:

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit);
  • Security Software Installed;
  • How you produced the problem;
  • How you tried to resolve the problem;
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any);
  • Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any;
  • All log files of CPM, if you had logs enabled;
  • Any other Additional Information;

in this CPM 1.3 …the best part i found is that it notifies whether the program has been monitored or not…

BUGS:

1. found problem in those setup which requires restart for completion of setup…
    for example : COMODO BACKUP…it fails to monitor COMODO BACKUP…

2. i have install program “MATLAB” in my pc… when i install …it told me application is monitored… even i look inside CPM…it showed me it was monitor…
    but after 2 weeks, CPM showed me that program is not monitored…

Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit): 32bit win7 professional

• Security Software Installed: Comodo Internet Security Premium 5.5 and emsisoft antimalware 5.1.0.16

HOPING that CPM team may erase this problem…

Hello,
Please give us more information about these monitoring issues:
What version of CB did you installed?
Was the installation an update? From Free to Pro maybe?
Did you canceled the installation and started it again?

Regarding the MATLAB monitoring issue did the application updated itself?
If you still have the CPM application installed maybe you can send us the monitoring information stored on the CPM’s internal device .I will send you a PM with the steps that need to be followed.

Thank you for your support.

where i can find monitoring information in CPM…

and i didn’t update any of those program
comodo backup is of version 3.0171317.133
and i didn’t cancel installation and started it again…

Just wanted to know if this rather worrying sounding Windows XP event, present in current release, is fixed in this version:

The System Restore filter encountered the unexpected error ‘0xC0000010’ while processing the file ‘Cryptography’ on the volume ‘CPMEvdd1’. It has stopped monitoring the volume.

Also this, which may not be CPM related:
The System Restore filter encountered the unexpected error ‘0xC0000010’ while processing the file ‘6E5F86D695C016B41A040555D708BD4E’ on the volume ‘C … 1’. It has stopped monitoring the volume.

If not I’ll document it for you.

Best wishes

Mouse

Hello.

The events are attempts made by System Restore to monitor the information written to “CPMEvdd1”. They will not affect the System Restore process for the other volumes.

Thank you.

Your Operating System (and whether it’s
32bit/64bit); windows xp x32

cpm version 1.2 (posted here for faster fix).

Your Operating System (and whether it’s
32bit/64bit); xp x32

• Security Software Installed; winpatrol plus, outpost security suite 7.5 pro (i dont think that security software is issue here)
  • How you produced the problem;after i opened cpm and programs section it was scanning and taking a lot of CPU 100%
  • How you tried to resolve the problem;none
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any); none
  • Post Memory Dumps on crash if you
    encounter any; none
  • All log files of CPM, if you had logs
    enabled; none
    -Any other Additional Information;
    none

Hello,

Could you please give us more details about the Outpost Security installation?

• Did you use the “Back” button during the Outpost Security installation?
  • Did you have an older version of Outpost Security already installed?
  • Did you close the setup and start it again?

Thank you.

This issue is already resolved in the current beta release.

Thank you.

1. Yes, i used Back button to try again but this didn’t make any effect.
  2. No.
  3. Yes, I’ve tried to install it several times but without the effect.
  • Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit); XP x32 SP3
  • Security Software Installed; CIS 5.8 BETa
  • How you produced the problem; I wanted to test CPM and its capabilities of detecting infected installers, I run ActualSpy installer (detected by CAV) and error from CPM pop uped
  • How you tried to resolve the problem; N/A
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any);

http://i.imgur.com/6LPTJ.png
  • Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any; N/A
  • All log files of CPM, if you had logs enabled; N/A
  • Any other Additional Information;
    You said that this is solved in this BETa, however there is an error.

Hello,

The problem regarding the button is not related to any CPM activity on the system.

CPM did not monitor the application because the installer was stopped and started again.
This will be addressed in one of the future releases.

The crash you reported is generated by the popup message, not by a malware detection malfunction.
It will be fixed in the next release.

Thank you.

Thank you.

• Windows 7 Home Premium 6.1.7601 64-bit
  • CIS Premium

FIRST PROBLEM OF TWO:

First attempt at an unistall with CPMbeta. I have two Java RE installed, 1.6.0_20 and 1.6.0_25. If select 20 to un-install, I get a CPM pop-up:

[QUOTE]Warning! The following programs will also be uninstalled because they are dependent on : Java™ 6 Update 20

Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x64 9.0.21022

OpenOffice.org 3.2

Do you want to continue?
[/quote]
Of course I do NOT wish to uninstall these along with JRE 1.6.0_20!

I tried first to go into Java’s CP and un-check Enabled for the _20 installation and rebooted. I ran OpenOffice to make sure it still worked. Then tried CPMBeta 1.3 again to uninstall _20 and still get the same above dialog.

I strongly suspect that when I installed OpenOffice.org, it was responsible also for the installation of the VC++ and JavaRE. Note none of these installs was Monitored as I’d not yet installed CPM.

Log attached.

SECOND PROBLEM:

Also, after installing the Beta, on Windows startup I get a Windows User Account Control pop-up “Do you want to allow this program to run?” which did not occur with CPM 1.2. How do I make this go away (UAC is set to Default, user is Administrator)?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hello,

Applications which are installed together, and therefore monitored as dependent, cannot be uninstalled separately.

This will be fixed in a coming release.

Thank you.

Thanks. Regarding UAC, in the meantime I found a workaround involving Task Scheduler which looks worse than it is FYI:

Problem
CPM scrolls it’s installed program list very slowly and jerkily on my production machine (3 secs or so per new program displayed), running at near 100% of CPU, and preventing other uses of machine. This machine is a 4GB RAM P4 3.0GHz (50% physical memory free), with plenty of spare disk (12Gb). This does not change even if I scroll right dopwn the list and then go back to the top and start scrolling down again. Number of installed programs is 320. On a XP SP3 VM (VMware player) with only process explorer and Clipmate running apart from OS (40 installed programs, mainly standard Microsoft OS utilities & frameworks) this problem is not present.

Requested Info

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit); XP SP3 32bit
  • Security Software Installed; CIS 5.5/5.8
  • How you produced the problem; Ran CPM. Settings are defaults, except ‘take part in application contribute’ is unticked (in both environments) and ‘make backup of applications’ is ticked (in VM but not on production machine). (Logging therefore is off).
  • How you tried to resolve the problem; Unistall and re-install CPM (retaining backups)
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any); N/A
  • Any other Additional Information; N/A [Edited]

Problem
CPM consumes excessive handles (18000) when you ask it to list windows updates.

Requested Info

• How you produced the problem; Ran CPM. Settings are defaults, except ‘take part in application contribute’ is unticked (in both environments) and ‘make backup of applications’ is ticked (in VM but not on production machine). (Logging therefore is off). Clicked on Winodws updates button, then on ‘check for updates’ link
  • How you tried to resolve the problem; Unistall and re-install CPM (retaining backups)
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any); Appended
  • Any other Additional Information; N/A

[attachment deleted by admin]

Problem
CPM consumes nearly 100% CPU from load time until number of programs is calculated and all programs are listed, about 14 minutes. This is different from the 1.2 bug in that it DOES stop after all programs are listed and calculations made. This behavior is NOT present on a plain vanilla XP SP3 VM.

EDIT: Now I have uninstalled and re-installed the program (retaining settings and backups) it’s back to the same even worse behavior as 1.2, documented as a bug here. Wierd.

Requested Info

• How you produced the problem; Ran CPM. Settings are defaults, except ‘take part in application contribute’ is unticked (in both environments) and ‘make backup of applications’ is ticked (in VM but not on production machine). (Logging therefore is off).
  • How you tried to resolve the problem; N/A
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any); N/A
  • Any other Additional Information; Thread involved in extended CPU usage appears to be: CPM.exe!CheckVersionAppAndApplySecondMethod+0x60bd0. Suspending this thread resolves CPU consumption when program inactive, re-instating thread causes problem to return.