Comodo Programs Manager 1.3.0.31 BETA 1 BUG REPORTS

Please post all bug reports & BSOD’s here.

Be sure to include:

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit);
  • Security Software Installed;
  • How you produced the problem;
  • How you tried to resolve the problem;
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any);
  • Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any;
  • All log files of CPM, if you had logs enabled;
  • Any other Additional Information;
  • System Windows 7 ultimate x32
  • Comodo Internet Security 5.5,
  • I downloaded Actual Spy from http://www.actualspy.com/download.html which is detected by CIS as a malware (PUA). I started to install and CPM didn’t give me any notification about malware installation.
  • none
  • none
  • none
  • none
  • in previous versions this feature also didn’t work

I don’t see any AV within CPM. If CIs warned about this, then you have your warning already issued. Any further [continued] action would be your own doing.

I disabled CIS for a test.
If you have a CPM installed go to its folder and find CPMInformation.exe
when you run it you will se what is CPM supposed to do. :slight_smile:

its supposed to use the cloud to check a setup when its installing

are you sure the malware is detected by the cloud not the local signatures?

Ah. I have never seen that popup from CPM. Presumably for as yet to be activated feature?

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit); windows 7 pro 32
  • Security Software Installed; cis 5.5
  • How you produced the problem; tried to uninstall paint.net it was a monitored application and was installed when 1.2 was installed i think and when the built in installer finished the leftovers were displayed but they were files from adobe acrobat not paint.net
  • How you tried to resolve the problem; n/a
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any); appended
  • Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any; n/a
  • All log files of CPM, if you had logs enabled; attached
  • Any other Additional Information; n/a

EDIT: i checked the partial uninstall to see what other files are being deleted and a message popped up saying adobe reader is a Dependant application. this message did not pop up when i uninstalled yesterday. this is still a bug because they are not dependant

[attachment deleted by admin]

CPMInformation.exe shows me the same message: “…malware Installation in progress”

Hello,
Was, by any chance, adobe acrobat reader updated? I think the flow might have been like this: Adobe Reader came with paint.net in a bundle installer (or they were just caught together by CPM ), after this, adobe reader updated itself leaving the old version partially uninstalled and hidden ( a partially uninstalled entry isn’t shown in the list until all the dependent applications are all partially uninstalled ). If this is the case, the update issue has been fixed in the current CPM beta so it shouldn’t appear again.
The partially uninstalled dependent applications issue will be fixed in the next release.
Thank you.

you are correct i was going to just uninstall adobe reader and when i clicked continue an older version appeared. like you said it was hidden and it removed it when removing paint.net