Comodo Programs Manager 1.2 build 83 Released !!!

Hello,

We are happy to announce that Comodo Programs Manager 1.2 build 83 Beta 2 Release is available for download.

What’s new:

• Application contribute program
  • Improved loading time for Application module
  • Improved loading time for Drivers and Services module

What’s fixed:

• BSOD when installing Sumatra
  • Empty list issue in Windows Features Menu
  • Size issue in Available Windows Update
  • Problem in removing updates from Available Windows Update Menu after installation
  • Issue at multiply uninstall
  • Issue when uninstalling using database at certain rename operations

Known Issues:

• Changing the install destination may cause the setup to crash.
  • “Restore Backup” and restore from SFX may have some issues for some applications.
  • Minor GUI issues

Bug Reports:

Please use [url=http://forums.Comodo.com/beta-corner-cpm/Comodo-programs-manager-12-build-83-beta-2-bug-reports-t69443.0.html;msg492869#msg492869]http://forums.Comodo.com/beta-corner-cpm/Comodo-programs-manager-12-build-83-beta-2-bug-reports[/url] to report your bugs. Our moderators collect these bugs and submit them to the devs.

BETA NOTICE: This product is intended for special users (BETA Testers) who would like to join the testing process. It may contain major bugs that could cause serious problems and not be suitable for your everyday use yet. Please do not use it in your production machines.

Download Locations:

Setup for Windows XP 32-bit/64-bit, Windows Vista 32-bit/64-bit, Windows 7 32-bit/64-bit:

http://downloads.Comodo.com/cpm/download/setups/CPM_SETUP_1.2.179740.83_xp_vista_server2003_win7.exe

Size: 10.5 MB (11,049,016 bytes)
MD5: 8ba309ac357baa10b90ed2f5ea08458e
SHA1: 1f7ebfc096570f949364acfa51a124142c8007cf

Yeepee!!! Congratulations!!! Closer to public release… :slight_smile:

Good job Comodo (:CLP)

:rocks:

Rock on ;D

Hi Alexandru,

Can you expand a bit more about this? what does this do?

I assume I can contribute with my “applications” to what?
and how do I filter which programs I’d like to “contribute” 88)

Hello,
The monitored applications are sent to the central database and this is how you can help us grow the number of supported applications for uninstall. Only the path names that the applications creates are stored and not their content. So the more you install applications the more CPM learns.
Of course you can always uncheck the ‘Application Contribute Program’ from the Settings Tab.
Thank you for your support.

The monitored applications are sent to the central database and this is how you can help us grow the number of supported applications for uninstall. Only the path names that the applications creates are stored and not their content. So the more you install applications the more CPM learns. Of course you can always uncheck the 'Application Contribute Program' from the Settings Tab. Thank you for your support.
I take some time to install some stuff and uninstall it. I'll try to help build up your database :-TU

Would it be possible to make this global feature application specific so that you can chose which apps you wish to contribute? that would give the user more flexibility ;D

Thanks for the update :-TU.

:slight_smile:

excellent work guys!

Sounds very interesting, I tried to install an earlier version sometime ago, which failed… as am using windows 7 64 bit… I assume this version now works with it?

Also loving the bit where we help build the database… (too lazy to quote)

Well done and look forward to using/trying the RC/PR when ever that is (no rush as better stable then not)

PS- Well done to the testers…

- Application contribute program

Nice. I will try to improve database on VM.
How big is it now?

Hi,
At this point the database stores over 1000 applications populated from various operating systems, but the number is constantly growing. Many of them are on Win7 x86 and Win 7 x64 systems.
All you need to do is to install some applications and let the VM opened for some time just to make sure the populating process starts.
We want to thank everyone who contributed to enrich the database.

Thanks for the new version!

Trying to uninstall an Opera widget might end bad ;D
CPM wants to uninstall the complete Opera installation including all other widgets:

http://i.imgur.com/Imqih.png

That is interesting indeed.

Could you submit this as a bug in Comodo Programs Manager 1.2 build 90 BETA 3 BUG REPORTS?

Reported it.
Thanks