comodo privalert??

One question found on wilders. Who’s Gitlan Sorin and why PA is updating from his domain? ???

This is interesting ?
btw: I was always horrified by a number of trackers on IT sites like theinquirer.net :-TD

I use and love CD, but after last update Privalert seemed like it was not fully installed. Icon and setting gave me blanks. So I tried deleting Privalert and repairing CD.
Now I am not getting Privalert back.
Can anyone tell me how to get it back and get it working properly.
Got a HP Pav dv7 / Win 7 / Intel i5 / 6GB RAM / 640 GB HD (if that info helps)

Installed and works well on my other pc.

Thanks

I would also love to know the answer to this question

Today working fine i.e PA enabled I am able to close the window.

Hi and welcome cduser,
Type dragon://dragon/extensions/ into the address bar and enter.
Using Windows explorer navigate to C:\Program Files\COMODO\Dragon\extensions drag and drop the priv_alert.crx file from that folder into the open extensions window.

Thanks Captain …
Reinstalled Privalert abd it’s working as should.

Seems like a really good extension. It does the same job Ghostery does and in some cases
find and block one or two more Trackers on some of the webpages I visited.

I’ll keep it, compare it with Ghostery a few more days, then maybe I dump one and keep the better one.

Good info, thanks. :-TU

It’s most likely a precursor to some upcoming functionality as mentioned by Melih.

You are both welcome. :slight_smile:

BUMP on :-TU

Who's Gitlan Sorin and why PA is updating from his domain?

Enable/Disable is needed on PA notification popup.

I have enabled all categories & autoupdate of libraries.

Any issues with all categories & autoupdate enabled faced by anyone?

Yup, I can’t update the library. Hope it get fixed soon…?

From here.

What's new: 1. Renames Site Inspector extension to Web Inspector. [b]2. Removed PrivAlert extension[/b].

Thanks for the not so useful information. I registered in this forum just so I could download the priv_alert.crx attachment and get it working in Version 23.4.0.0. Just because an extension has been disabled/removed it doesn’t mean the library update needs to be removed.

Hi kef71,
I was hoping the library update issue was going to be short lived, but now I am wondering if it is disabled until Privalert gets added back. :-\ :cry:

For me is clear that they removed the extension because they though that it not working as is should so they disabled updates too until they’ll fix the problem.

Or maybe Gitlan Sorin just unplugged his computer and PA cannot connect to his domain? >:-D

But it’s my opinion of course. :slight_smile:

This extension disappears yesterday!! It is a great extension. Comodo whats happens!!

Hi there, I really hope it will be fixed, there’s no need/point to have the library update not working even when fixing the stability issues of the extension.