Comodo Online Security v1.3.0.52 Released (for Chromium Based Browsers)

Hi All,
We are pleased to release v1.3.0.52 of Comodo Online Security for Chromium based browsers:

Following are changes:

New:
1)
In Options now you have “Exclusions” tab, if you decide to continue browsing for a blocked page, it will be added in this new section. If you remove blocked URL entry from Exclusions section, it will be blocked again.

There is support for following 18 languages. Based on browser locale, if language is supported by extension, you will see COS interface in same language.

[ol]- Arabic

• Brazilian
  • Bulgarian
  • Chinese
  • ChineseTraditional
  • Danish
  • Dutch
  • French
  • Hungarian
  • Italian
  • Japanese
  • Polish
  • Romanian
  • Russian
  • Spanish
  • Turkish
  • Ukrainian
  • Vietnamese[/ol]

Warning page is also translated in supported languages. Based on browser locale, warning description will change automatically. You also have additional language selection in there.

Chrome Web Store will also show plugin description based on browser locale.

‘About’ tab has two additional links viz. ‘forums feedback’ section and help

At this point we have released this update for just 1% of users. You can do fresh installation.

Please give it a try and share your valuable feedback.

Thanks
-umesh

Installed and running so,far without issue. Do you have a blocked test page or known blocked page so we can check it’s functioning properly?

Thanks,

Eric

sure, you can try following test URLs:
http://vircrypter.com/cos/test/test.html
http://vircrypter.com/cos/test/test.exe

Working well at detecting those pages at this end.

I can’t quite see how to add a site to exclusion manually from the icon and when I click on the “back to safety” it just stays on the page. The link on the Back to Safety button is to: javascript:void(0); instead of chrome://newtab so clicking on the link does nothing.

Eric

Hi Eric,
Page is added to exclusion section only when you decide to continue.
And “Go back to safety” simply calls standard js function: goBack();
that takes user to previous page.

<a href="javascript:void(0);" onclick="goBack();" class="btn-style1" id="back">Go back to safety (Recommended)</a>

Thanks
-umesh

Thanks Umesh,

Exclusion works as intended then.

The java script seems to be working now in my browser.

Cheers,

Eric

COS extension looks good :-TU
Are you going to keep it or will it eventually become abandonware like CCAV, CAD and CUAD extensions?
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/comodo-cloud-antivirus/dbholhabhgiapdakiikjbfegpfmmncfp

Hm… why would I need this? CIS blocks malicious pages anyway. Blocked one yesterday. I’m not using Comodo DNS, just CIS.

The latest security model around browsers is driven by extensions and external applications are going to be restrictive as what they can access. COS is already integrated with Comodo browsers and going to be there.

Some exciting changes coming on this, where it will have additional intelligence to detect phishing pages on the fly. Stay tuned…

I’d really like to use Comodo Dragon again, but it’s always one (or more) step(s) behind Google Chrome…
Comodo Dragon: v.66.0.3359.117
Google Chrome: v.67.0.3396.87

COS is doing a great job, i really like it.
I would just suggest a restyle of the icon, replacing the existing one with a red C with the cloud at the bottom(a red version of ccav icon), the option’s gui (we can take as example bitdefender trafficlight) to be less “dispersive”.
It can be a good idea also to remove the automatic add exclusion function when you press “continue anyways”. I would rather add an “add permanent exclusion” button besides of “continue anyways” and “return back to safety”.
Last think is: why not to add this extension into ccav, bundling it into install options, replacing the install option for CSE?

Add the adblock function. Blocking all unwanted advertising banners and popups and blocking cookies, displaying a number that tells how many blocks there were.
Eventually this function can be optional if the user wants it active or it will disable it.

Thank you! :wink:

Hi All,
We have released an updated version, please give it a try:
https://forums.comodo.com/news-announcements-feedback-cos/comodo-online-security-v14063-released-for-chromium-based-browsers-t122588.0.html

Thanks
-umesh