Comodo Online Security v1.2.45944.37 Released (for Mozilla Based Browsers)

I see, but then it doesn’t end there as next thing you need is detailed whitelisting options as are available in ad blockers.
And again, you need to keep list updated automatically, it can’t be substitute for Ad blockers and it will become another ad blocker if you go that route…

Regarding yigido’s comment (#13), does this extension give me any additional protection over Comodo DNS?

:slight_smile:

Yes, it does.
DNS is domain based blocking; so if you know example.com is safe but example.com/test.php is bad, DNS can’t block it but this plugin can.

Would you recommend removing Comodo DNS and just use COS within browsers or better protection to use both?

It’s better to use both.
DNS has it’s own advantages, as it is for all applications and while extension just for specific browser. e.g. in case you have any bot active in system, DNS may be blocking it’s command and control related domains.

Thanks umesh for helpful advice. I’ll keep both activated.

Hi All,
We have released Comodo Online Security extension for Internet Explorer browser:
https://forums.comodo.com/news-announcements-feedback-cos/comodo-online-security-v1245023127-released-for-internet-explorer-t122130.0.html

Please give it a try and share your feedback.

Thanks
-umesh

I understood, Umesh.
Hope, this only feature is quite enough.
Just in case of new undetected URL I could block it manually, that’s all enough.

We will consider.

Thank you for your great products!

Excellent - thank you

Does this extension redirects all URL requests to Comodo DNS Server on the fly?
Or does it verify web URLs in parallel, as a sort of cloud scanning?

Will web browsing be more secure using this extension if I already uses CIS 10 + WebFiltering? I don’t have any custom filter though. :slight_smile:

COS only protects browsers against threats. When using the filter of CIS all program accessing the internet will be protected.

Thanks, I will uninstall COS in that case.

Overall, performance of COS is very good, but when navigating to blocked website the loading is pretty slow… it takes 2-3 seconds to load Comodo Online Security

And couldn’t you make this blocked page appear automatically in the browser’s preferred language and remove that drop down menu with the language to chose?

Agreed on both points.
Actually the extension is good, im looking forward its updates

Just wondering if there’s any update’s for COS for mozilla/firefox browsers coming soon.

It been a while that COS slows a lot the browsing on sites not yet visited, or after removing all navigation data, in my case restoring the Comodo container, as I use Chrome virtualized. And in the lower right corner a message appears that can last between 5 and 10 seconds, which says "Waiting for extension Online Security Pro ".

Nis, could you report this in Comodo Online Security v1.4.0.63 Released (for Chromium Based Browsers)? And while at it could you try disabling all other extensions you are using and see if the problem persists?

I’m sorry for having wrong topic, however I just wanted to say that I’ve partly solved by changing URLs of favorites, in practice those who took longer to load, started with “www” and I corrected them in “https://www”.
I still have some minor slowdowns, but they only occur with Chrome virtualized, so I’ll wait to see if more important slowdowns will occur before posting in the topic you indicated to me.
Thanks