COMODO MEMORY FIREWALL SLOWING my PC

HE!!O. . .

why is that every time I install COMODO MEMORY FIREWALL on my VISTA PC, my CPU USAGE is always 100%? That’s why I used CFP3 with SAFE SURF Instead.
Any ways… on my XP PC, it runs smoothly :THNK

hey lewis! that is odd… Normally it is very low on resources;
If you list your system specs maybe someone from comodo can be of help!

H! Kyle

As I’ve said CMF works okay with my XP Pc. The Specs and Programs of my XP is the same for my Vista. I do Exclusions, Customizing my CFP3, SAS and AVIRA I even disable my Windows Defender permanently but nothings happen… no effect! After I Uninstall CMF, my CPU USAGE AVERAGE is from 10-60% Only!

:THNK :THNK :THNK

There is no need running Safesurf and CMF at the same time as they’re using the same technology, this is probably making the clash…

Xan

Sorry, I meant - Can you provide your system specs for your VISTA pc if you are certain it’s not a software clash

HE!!O eXPerience

I Uninstall already my CMF thats why I’m using CFP3 with Safe Surf now. with CMF, my CPU can’t breath…

(:SAD) (:SAD) (:SAD) (:SAD)

Hey Lewis,

So now you’re running CFP + Safesurf ? That should be ok.

Now, about that problem. So you want to install CMF at the same time ? (which is not working as it’s the same) Or you wanted to run CFP and CMF separatly ?

I’m sorry I’m a little bit slow these days, but training is killing me.

See ya

Xan

HE!!O eXPerience (:WAV)

definitely I want CMF to run on my Vista Pc. If you guys can give me a Technique on how to use CMF with a minimal CPU USAGE, i will uninstall SAFE SURF. I do all exclusions I uninstall BoClean but nothing happens. Most of my Vista Pc Clients is using CMF sad to say on my own, I’m having trouble . . . any ways, on my XP Pc, CMF runs smoothly.

(:SAD) (:SAD) (:SAD)

Well, try uninstalling Safesurf and reinstalling CMF again, then give us al the security programs again, and a pic of the task manager…

We’ll see if it works

Xan

I try uninstalling SAFESURF and Install CMF. I do APPLICATION-EXCLUSIONS but its not working. I Try AVAST! w/ CMF and AVIRA w/ CMF but no improvements.

for now I’m using:

CFP3 w/Safe Surf
BoCLEAN
AVIRA
SAS

So you added it as safe to Defense + and excluded it to Avast, Boclean and SAS. And the other way around ?

Xan

Yeah!

(:LOV) (:LOV) (:LOV)

HE!!O eXPerience. . .

here is my WTM.

(:WAV) (:WAV) (:WAV)

[attachment deleted by admin]

WOOOOOOW, firefox is using a lot :o…

And what’s wrong with AVG antivirus ? I think something is wrong with that …

3th were is CMf ;D

Xan

I don’t have AVG. . . as I’ve said, I’m using CFP3 w/Safe Surf. I uninstall CMF last day!

Oh, it’s Avira Antivir Security Suite :), anyway, it’s using not enough recources 88)… what’s wrong ?

Xan

AVG??? Hmmm… thats AVIRA (:LOV) (:LOV) (:LOV)

Xan, do you drink Coffee?

I notice this is somewhat old, but I have the exact same problem, I have CIS, but not safesurf toolbar (I installed wrong toolbar under the installation).
My system has the following:

Windows Vista sp1 32 bit.
Intel core 2duo prossesor T5550 (1,83 Gh)
Max out with ram (4 gig, but 32bit to not use it all)
Antivirus and Firewall: CIS.

Edit: ooh, and the reason why I “blame” CMF for this is beacause I never had the problem before I installed CMF, can it be some sort of a crash?

Solved it myself, found a post about the same issue in the feedback forum, all I needed to do was to add CMF (which I discovered not was “Comodo Memory Defence” (:SHY) ) to exclusion list. Seem like it was only my own poor knowledge of windows system that was my problem :slight_smile:

-Your Operating System: Windows Vista 32bit
-Your Security Applications Installed: CIS CMF, BOClean, SpywareBlaster, Super AntiSpware, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
-How you produced the issue: occurs with CMF installed; doesn’t occur with CMF uninstalled

I have experienced the process mcbuilder.exe hogging nearly 50% of the CPU resources of an Intel dual-core processor. I can elmininate mcbuilder.exe from doing this by uninstalling CMF. Mcbuilder.exe doesn’t appear in Resource Monitor\CPU after uninstalling CMF. After I reinstall CMF, it only takes several minutes and mcbuilder.exe is showing up again in Resource Monitor\CPU and hogging half the CPU resources again. Has anyone come up with a solution for this, other than permanently uninstalling CMF? Another person on the CIS thread says that they had this same problem, but solved it by uninstalling BOClean. I don’t know for sure which Comodo program causes this high CPU usage from mcbuilder.exe, but based on my uninstalling and resinstalling CMF, it seems like this is the Comodo program that causes mcbuilder to run and to hog CPU resources. The Vista Resource Monitor refers to mcbuilder.exe as a ‘Resource cache builder tool’. I think mc stands for memory cache, which indicates to me that it probably has something to do with the Comodo Memory Firewall running.

Edit:
I haven’t taken the time to learn much about CMF, but I think I may have already solved my problem. I have added mcbuilder.exe to the exclusion list and now it is not even listed in Resource Monitor\CPU and the CPU resources are not being hogged.