Today I have found another conflict between CMF 188.8.131.52 and an indispensable application, namely, Acronis TrueImage 7. I have been using CMF without serious problems since early in the week; system is WinXPSP2 HE fully patched, running on a 1.7 GHz P4 with 512 MB RAM; also using CFP, CBOC. This afternoon I started to make my usual image on an external USB HDD and was a bit startled when the whole system became very unresponsive. Turns out (using ProcessExplorer) that one of TI’s components, cdrecord.exe, was launched and hung the system by consuming 100% CPU. Had to kill everything manually. Since CMF was the only thing I have added since the last image was made, I uninstalled it and tried again: immediately everything worked as has been usual with TI.
I did try “excluding” the TrueImage.exe, but this did nothing. I suppose I could have explored the problem further with other possible .exe files, but there are too many to make this easy. I am happier (for now) just dumping CMF, since I consider TI to be essential.