Comodo Memory Firewall 2.0.2.12 FINAL Bug Reports [CLOSED]

Post bug reports for Comodo Memory Firewall 2.0.2.12 FINAL here.
What to include in bug reports:

1. CPU (32 bit or 64 bit)
2. Operating System and service pack
3. Other real-time protection running together with CMF 2
4. What caused the bug
5. Please include if there’s any way to resolve it
6. Post minidump if you experienced a BSoD (read here about how to post the minidump)

Cheers,
Ragwing

1. 32 bit
  2. Windows XP Pro SP2 - Fully patched
  3. AVG Pro & CFP V3 & CBOclean
  4. The Comodo window theme is not applied to the updater window as in the RC and CFP.
  5. None
  6. N/A

Attached is a screenshot of the updater window in CMF 2.0.2.12 Final.

Jim

[attachment deleted by admin]

Is that a bug? lol

1. P4 @ 3.7Ghz 32-bit
  2. Windows XP Pro SP2 + online updates
  3. Avira Antivir PE, COMODO Firewall Pro

[b]4.1 CMF doesn’t protect itself from closing from Task Manager. Neither does the CMFS service.

4.2 There is no confirmation dialog box when closing CMF from tray icon.

4.3 On the last screen of installation process you can choose to launch CMF. If you do that, then only CMF.EXE is launched, and CMFS service isn’t. I don’t know if this servive is critical for CMF, but if it’s there and it’s automatically launched after reboot shouldn’t it be also launched just after installation? [/b]

@Josh123: It seems like one, althrough I haven’t seen changelog yet.

1. 32-bit Core2Duo
  2. XP Pro SP2
  3. NOD32 2.70.39, Online Armor FREE, BOClean, Sandboxie
  4. Each time I reboot I get the tray balloon message saying to click the balloon if I do not want to see the message anymore. I can see the reg key ShowMsgBalloon (I think that 's it) is set to 0, but I keep getting the popup.

Other than that, it works fine with everything I have running so far. Anyone else see this issue?

Same here.

1. 32 bit
  3. Avira AntiVir, COMODO Firewall Pro, Sandboxie

Regards,
Mike

1, 32 bit (AMD X2)
2, XP SP2 Hungarian
3, NOD32 V3.0 CFP v3.0.14
4, CMF is running about 3-5 minutes
5, system hangs all screens go black. only the reset button works
6, no minidump is generated, since there is no BSOD just a hung system and black screen

A windows reinstall solved it.

The same

1.IP 4 3.0, 2MB RAM
2.XP Home Edition
3. Avast Home, CPF v3, BOCLEAN, Win Patrol, V Engine and process tamer

1. 32 bit Core2 Duo
  2. Vista Business, fully updated
  3. CPF 3.0, Boclean, Avast 4.7
  4. Windows tries to update and results in loss of Windows license
  5. (temporal) solution by uninstalling CMF and running Wgatray.exe from MS site.

A reinstall of CMF results in the same problem the next time Windows looks for updates.

Harry

1. AMD Athlon 64 3000+
  2. Vista Business x64 installed using Vlite with quite a bit removed
  3. Boclean, ESET Smart Security 3.0.621 trial
  4. First boot after installing get Roboform icon not responding, Speedfan.exe not responding and shutting down (i think), Windows Software Protection, an unauthorized change was made to Windows
  5. Remove CMF.
4. Each time I reboot I get the tray balloon message saying to click the balloon if I do not want to see the message anymore. I can see the reg key ShowMsgBalloon (I think that 's it) is set to 0, but I keep getting the popup.

Other than that, it works fine with everything I have running so far. Anyone else see this issue?

Yes, I also have this problem and another:

1. 32 bit
  3. AVG Pro & CFP V3 & CBOclean
  4. Sometimes the tray icon does not appear at startup. When clicking on the start menu link, to open it when the tray icon doesnt appear, CMF opens but with an un-usable user interface (see screenshot). However, the service appears to be started OK.
  5. None
  6. N/A

I have the exact same problem (also discussed in this thread https://forums.comodo.com/comodo_memory_firewall_beta_corner/oh_my_lord_god_almighty_cmg_just_killed_my_vista_license-t12667.0.html) except for the following differences (Please note only items listed and in bold are different than the OP with this same issue):

1. Pentium 4 3.0 GHZ 32 bit
  2. ESET Smart Security 3.0.612, BOClean 4.25, RegRun Platinum 5.6.5.871
  3. No BSOD/mini-dump experienced/generated.

Installed today. Reporting the same pop-up tray nag as the other users. No other problems so far. Last time I checked it in beta stage it was stopping my ATI control center from loading and keeping the .NET framework at 100% CPU, that seems to be fixed now.

EDIT #2: Thought I’d found a solution to the balloon tray. That will start up the actual window on startup. Not worth it. Method removed. However, it seems that CMF only displays the balloon if started with the -s parameter.

Bug to report: command prompt windows do not close once you are done with them, specifically .bat files. Cmd.exe instances remain in the background eating 100% CPU.

1. 32-bit
  2. Windows XP Pro SP2 + online updates
  3. Avira Antivir PE, COMODO Firewall Pro
  4. I’m not sure whether this is a bug or this issue is related to my PC only, but I noticed that the CMF’s icon displayed in tray just after CMF launch and the one after explorer.exe crash (shutdown and relaunch) are different. Here is the screenshot. Icons are eight times magnified. On the left is the one which is displayed just after CMF launch.

This protection will be provided by CFP 3.

The answer for the question can be found here.

1. 32-bit
  2. Windows XP SP 2 SWE
  3. Avira AntiVir, CFP 3, Sandboxie
  4. CMF’s windows randomly pops up during boot. Sometimes it does, sometimes not. Also, I have the global bug that causes the balloon message to display every time.
  5. A re-install might possible fix it.

AFAIK there is also planned a standalone version of CMF, so it can’t depend only on CFP3.

CMF will become part of CFP in the future. I have upgraded Vista to the SP1 Release Candidate. Cmd.exe will still not close while CMG is running, even if it has been added to the exceptions list.

About the CMF bug that keeps showing the BalloonTip: the actual place where this control is exerted is: HKLM\Software\ComodoGroup\cmf\Settings. There is a value “ShowBallonMsg” [sic]. I have verified the spelling of the value within cmf.exe by scanning it with FileSnoop. I have also verified that clicking on the balloon changes that value from ‘1’ (if that is set) to ‘0’. Evidently cmf.exe changes the vaue as expected, but never actually queries it!

I’ve been having a number of issues installing software. I was struggling with Ulead VideoStudio for a couple weeks - the installer would hang repeatedly at the same place during install near the end and then again when the uninstaller was run. During this time, I installed a 500gb firewire HD. My computer began crashing unexpectedly. I installed the software off the new HD. This installer also hung along with a security update from MS. All on a machine that had recently been completely restaged from ground up on a new 80gb HD.

I decided to try to uninstall CMF and now all installers/uninstallers are working w/o any problems.

1. CPU: Athlon 64 bit
  2. OS: WinXP Pro, SP2 all patches applied.
  3. Other real-time protection: COMODO firewall, AVGFree
  4. Installers consistently hung
  5. Please include if there’s any way to resolve it: Uninstalled CMF

I cannot say that CMF was absolutely the cause of all of these issues, but the timing is very suspicious.

This has been a very frustrating couple of weeks. :frowning:
Terry