Comodo LoginPro Remote Desktop 1.5.0.7 is now available for download

Comodo LoginPro Remote Desktop 1.5.0.7 is now available for download from loginpro.com or via the direct download link:
https://download.comodo.com/loginpro/ComodoLoginProSetup.exe

Also available at www.loginpro.com

NOTE:Windows Home versions can be only used as Viewers.

FIXED:

1. Black screen was shown instead of RDP Desktop sometimes.
  2. PCs list in tray is now correctly shown and moving between Computers and Connections sections.
  3. Cancel button did’t stop connecting process when presses in Connections list.
  4. Long PCs names is now correctly shown in list.
  5. Apply button is added to the settings page.
  6. When connecting from web page information messages are shown if issue with connection occur.

ADDED:

1. The check that LoginPro is running on Windows Home thus can only be used as Viewer.
  2. Error message is shown if user is trying to connect to LoginPro on Windows Home PC.

Enjoy.

NOTE:Windows Home versions are not supported

Hi Vadym,

The above quote is from the release announcement of LoginPro 1.5.0.7 - is version 1.5.0.0 also not for Windows Home versions? Even on the Website or the Help pages under System Requirements it does not warn users that ‘Home Versions’ are not supported :o ??? ???

System Requirements

To ensure optimal performance of Comodo LoginPro, please ensure that your PCs complies with the following minimum system requirements:

Windows 8 (Both 32-bit and 64-bit versions), Windows 7 (Both 32-bit and 64-bit versions), Windows Vista (Both 32-bit and 64-bit versions) or Windows XP (Both 32-bit and 64-bit versions)

128 MB available RAM
210 MB hard disk space
Intel Pentium 4 Processor

If so this is very limiting as most users will probably be using a ‘Home’ version of Windows ???

Hi Dolphin66.

The limitation is actually that Windows Home can be only used as a Viewer PC because it doesn’t have RDP service installed. In previous version LoginPro allowed to connect to Windows Home and showed a black screen. Now it shows a warning message box.

I modified the main topic to make it more clear. Thanks for correction.

Kind regards,
Vadym.

Hi Vadym,

Thanks for the clarification :slight_smile:

Unfortunately I still feel that this will make LoginPro very restrictive and stop a lot of people using it, which is a shame :frowning: - especially when there is other software available for free that is not constrained by ‘Home’ versions >:-D, although there is not a Web interface as with LoginPro

Regards
Bob

Opening. Congratulations with the new release… :slight_smile:

I have searched Google and found that tere are ways to enable RDP by installing 3rd party softwareas e.g. described here http://www.avoiderrors.net/enable-remote-desktop-on-windows-xp-home/ on a XP Home PC.
But i have not tried this.Then installing LoginPro could do the job.
Has somebody done it this way?
I would like to read about any experiences.

For those who do not have remote desktop available:

Consider installing comodo unity and use TightVNC for remote access.