Comodo Logfiles moved to folder before maximum size reached [M1232]

“Existing CIS 6.x and CIS 7.0 users will receive CIS 8.0 updates later. However, existing CIS 6.x and CIS 7.0 users can update to CIS 8.0 by means of reinstallation procedure.”
[source]

when is “later”? i dont want to reinstall CIS again. i read in your link that they again changed the UI. but so many bugs… i dont feel like again searching everything. only problems with CIS… getting tired of it >:(

You cannot improve it if you don’t want to. Free will.
Devs have asked you kindly if you could test your issue against latest version. In the meantime, it’s set to “MOREINFO or REFORMAT” status.

I think you misunderstood-- they’ve changed the default theme; you can always set another theme.
You can always wait for the official update. You don’t have to reinstall if you don’t want to.

I hope you understand.
Thanks.

i will wait for the official update. it is not that i don’t want to improve it, but most likely the bug is not fixed. i did already a clean re-install before i wrote this bug report. i attached all desired files in the desired format, which was a lot of work, and nobody downloaded them. so how can it be fixed? to reinstall the latest version who is still in beta is just more work with nearly no chance that the bug is fixed, but most like a source of numerous new bugs…

I understand your frustration. I’ve raised importance level in the tracker.
Do note that latest version is not a beta.

Thanks.

today i updated to version 8. not sure wheter the bug is fixed, i will inform you here as soon as i know more.

Keep me updated.

Thanks.

hi :slight_smile:
it looks like it has been fixed. at least there is an obvious change. on 12th december around 10 am i upgraded CIS to version 8, and from then on, only a few logfiles with only 80 KB were saved, most of them around 50 MB (setting is 50 MB).
what i dont understand is, why so many logfiles? and why the 80 KB ones always come along with a 50 MB one? should i rise the size before they are moved in the settings? ???
i attached a screenshot of the the logfiles folder where one can clearly see the difference between version 7 and 8 (on 12th december around 10 am i upgraded CIS to version 8 ).
thank you :-TU

here is the screenshot:

[attachment deleted by admin]

I’ve linked your information in the tracker.

Thank you.

Hello,

The devs have not marked this as Fixed in the tracker. However, sometimes bugs are fixed by the release of new versions, but not marked as Fixed in the tracker.

If you are able please check with the newest version (CIS version 8.1.0.4426) and let me know if this is fixed on your computer with that version.

Thank you.

Hi,
it looks like it has been fixed with latest version (CIS version 8.1.0.4426). However i changed max size to 500 MB. The last time, when a file smaller than this was moved to the logfiles folder was on 22. february. But on that day within 4 minutes 2 files were moved, both with 513 MB. Since then no files were moved.
Thank you

Thats great :-TU Thanks for letting me know. I will move this to resolved and close this bug in the tracker. If you experience this bug in the future feel free to respond in this report or PM me and i will reopen your bug report

Thanks