comodo locked me out

hey the icon in my tray disapeared so i cant get into comodo. i uninstalled comodo from add remove, but still in program files. i cant deleat from my comp i think b/c its running but cant find in task manager. it keeps telling me i dont have permission to access file when i try to open comodo

help

I think this post is in the wrong section, can you tell us what COMODO program you are having trouble with ?

comodo internet security

What files are still left in c:\program files\comodo\comodo internet security folder then ?

Have you tried using Add/Remove in safe mode?

You can try this tool when you are on XP: https://forums.comodo.com/install_setup_configuration_help/cleanup_tool_for_comodo_internet_security-t36499.0.html;msg259617#msg259617 .

Ronny- i guess the whole file is still there. there are a bunch of files there. when i try to get into them it tells me i dont have permission to get in. i put the comodo files in my safe files so thats prob why.

the win security center says its still running but its not listed in task manager. comodo is in local services but not running. i dont think there is anything wrong with the program but not being able to get into it is aggrivating. i read on this website that comodo is hacker proof so i dont think there is a back door to get in.

Try the following.

We are gonna take a look to see if there are some old drivers of your previous security programs and Comodo are still around. Go to Device Manager → View → show hidden devices → now look under Non Plug and Play drivers → when you see a driver that belongs to your previous security programs click right → uninstall —> do this for all drivers → reboot your computer.

When the problem persists make sure there are noauto starts from your previous security programs download Autoruns and run it.

This program finds about all auto starts in Windows. This tool can therefore seriously damage Windows when not handled properly. After starting go to Options and choose to hide Windows and Microsoft entries and then push F5 to refresh.

Now check all entries to see if there are references to your previous security program and Comodo. When you find them untick them. After unticking reboot your computer and see what happens.

It could be that you did something wrong in configuring CIS, you could try to uninstall in Safe-Mode.
Being in Safe-Mode CIS is not active so it can’t block anything related to itself.