Comodo Internet Security v11.0.0.6744 – Released

During the installation you can choose to install Firewall only under the Components tab. Just uncheck the option for the AV.

Yes we are. Melih also calls it freemium.

It is also possible off-line install only the firewall from the command line with pickup of the previously exported configuration file.
P.S.
CPU load in this version is close to zero.

Sorry for the question,i need to be sure,i am not an expert :
I always wait for auto-update. I have at this moment version 10.2.0.6526 (on Windows 7).
Will there be an auto-update to version 11.0.0.67.44 if i wait long enough ?
Thank you very much for an anwser.

There will be in time . . . as far as I understand it, the present user’s update will be to this version when they are ready; prior to the next major release. All to do with Windows 10 and its constantly changing parameters.

If your version is working well as it should be - be patient :wink:

I did one more test with Windows 10 (1809 17763.253) Security Center reporting CIS needs to be updated upon each boot.

I booted Windows and updated CIS. I rebooted the pc and after boot Windows would report CIS needs updating. See attached image.

That is definitive proof that something is wrong. The question remains is it in the communication between CIS and WSC or is WSC its self at fault.

At staff. Could you shine a light?

EricJH - have you tried / would you try waiting about 15 seconds to log on and see if it still occurs? I haven’t had it happen since I did that weeks ago

I noticed that quick access still appears empty with Chrome virtualized, is this a bug that will be fixed in the future?
https://forums.comodo.com/news-announcements-feedback-cis/comodo-internet-security-v11006728-ndash-released-t123032.0.html;msg883836#msg883836

Then I wanted to know something else, will there be in the future the possibility to allow the copy and paste between virtual and real environment for specific applications and/or documents?
For example, copy from virtual browser to real notepad and copy from real notepad to any other real app.
Currently to do this it’s need to paste on virtual notepad, save and open the file with real notepad.

NO! I hope not!

I don’t want there to be any programmatic way to move data (or anything) out of anything running virtually and into the real environment. That would destroy my faith in the isolation of the virtual environment - and that’s what it’s for!!

agree with ubuysa

How do you mean? The message does not go away after a little after Windows 10 booted if that is what you mean.

No, I mean I had these sporadic messages of No Firewall working, or Anti-Virus needing updating etc. appeared until I waited for roughly 15 seconds before typing the logon and going into Windows. I have never had them since . . .unless I login straight away on reboot or start-up and they will reappear. It’s not a fix, but just a ‘work around’ or a guide to the actual cause and hopefully a help to the cure!

Thank you for explaining. I sporadically see them as well and they will go within a minute I guess. I didn’t know that if you immediately rebooted they will reappear.

I have a different problem. Igorb contacted me about it by pm for an inquiry. The problem I see is that upon every boot I will get a message above the systray and in the right hand window CIS is not up to date.

I did some testing. I updated CIS and immediately removed the message and rebooted. As soon as I boot up I will get the message the AV needs updating. When I check the main screen of Security Center later it will say AV is up to date. It seems like a timing issue.

I do think as you do that timimng is the issue. It’s an irritant, especially when you need to access a system immediately!

I haven’t yet had the CIS 'is not up to date message, but as you say - whatever the message . . . when you check the Security Centre, it’s all just fine.

Hopefully it will all mesh together nicely soon

Just got Auto update!
It took less than 5 min, with system reboot too!
Still kicking and living!

All good here!

Thanks Comodo!

Out of curiosity, from which version?

From CIS 10 v.10.2.0.6526

And got another one now. (took 1 min)
restarting system!

Great to see people with v10 finally got an upgrade!

All working fine here!

auto update to new version, but hanging at 95.7%

yes auto update avaliable for v10