Comodo Internet Security v11.0.0.6744 – Released

I have no problem to open PDF, Jpg, PNG files in isolated mode …
I use Win 7. The problems of opening of these types of file would not they be due to Win 10

At magneto. I am on Windows 10 indeed (1809 17763.2563).

Hi,
?
I am under 1809.17763.253

And what about autoupdate? Will it ever work?

I doubt it, there never is a answer coming.

I typod. We are on the same version. I edited the post.

At radek178 and biteater. It will come although it is not clear when. The following comment by Sergei mentions “update from 11.0.0.6744 to the next release” might imply that 6744 is a starting point. This might mean all users get updated to 6744 . But this is all speculation in the best tradition of Kremlin watching.

Thank you @EricJH

win10 1809

i use Container

An error occurred

win10 show system service exception

Why you can’t push even minor updates through updater?

Do you have core isolation memory integrity enabled?

From what we gather Comodo is strongly focusing on getting it ready enough for compatibility with Win 10 for the wider audience. Win 10 has been a moving target.

Do you have core isolation memory integrity enabled?

no

i use ccav
In the same case, use ccav sandbox ok

Thank you futuretech

I was a little surprised when my Comodo Free Firewall (10.1.0.6476) “told” me today, just as it did other times during last year, that the only available upgrade was still release 10.2.0.6514, the same since march 2018.
That seemed to me strange and so I checked here for information, finding out other upgrades have been released in 2018 and a brand new one just came yesterday.
So I had to infer that my Firewall is not able (or allowed) to upgrade itself to any “above 10.2” release.

Therefore I wish to ask a couple of questions to other users:

• bearing in mind I just need the bare firewall features, do you think the newer releases actually are worth the upgrade in terms of… core business (firewall efficiency, performance, stability and so on)?
  • supposing the first answer is “yes”, how do you suggest me to upgrade to the latest release in the safest and easiest way (possibly keeping all significant firewall rules and settings)? Just download the online installer and install the new firewall on top of the old one?

Thanks in advice for any help.

Do not install it over the old version. Comodo recommends, exporting your settings, uninstall old version, install new one, import settings.

It is recommended to upgrade to newer versions as they contain bug fixes and other improvements. If you notice issues with the new version, you can report it so it can be fixed before it is offered to older versions.

Thanks for your useful and quick answers.
I’m glad to hear that the firewall settings, once exported from v10, can be safely and correctly imported in a freshly installed v11. I feared that this was not possible, since in many programs the transition to a new major release, bringing new (or modified or deleted) features, leads to loss of compatibility and to the need to start from scratch.

Actually I don’t think I urgently need bug fixes as, as far as I know, my “old” cfw never gave me any problems.
As to the mentioned “other improvements”, there is always the usual doubt: are they actually worth the upgrade? As we all know, not infrequently new versions of programs, due to the introduction of new (but not necessarily useful for all users) features, end up being heavier and slower and less efficient than the previous ones.
Where can I get more detailed information about the actual differences between the newest release and the one I’m running (10.1.0.6476)?

PS. By the way, as I’ll have to upgrade by unistalling the old and then installing the new, thus being without firewall protection in the interval between the two operations, I’d like to disconnect my PC from the network and use an offline installer. Is such an installer (just firewall) available?

The release notes so far are located herebut haven’t been updated for the 11 branch which probably won’t happen until they make v11 available to the internal updater.

The offline installer is available in the OP and you can choose to not install the anti-virus.

The release topics of v11 will show release notes for each version. However, it will not state what crashes got fixed that came in through the crash submission only that those crashes got fixed.

I suppose that with “OP” you mean the first message in this thread, were it says:

Offline Setup Details:
Comodo Internet Security Premium (Firewall and Antivirus only)

I saw that, but was held back by the “cispremium_only” in the file name, which made me think the installer was not meant for installing the free firewall.

Premium is the free CIS. Ain’t we lucky?