Comodo Internet Security v11.0.0.6644 - BETA

I do not remember that we discussed the proposed change in the registry.
Nevertheless, do not be so strong to my advice, someone, maybe, this will help.

Nope, it’s not working out… :frowning:

Booted up my PC today as always, began to load-in the usual programs I use, Steam, Firefox, Chrome, etc. and they all showed “no internet connection” or similar message.
Looking at the taskbar proved what I was suspecting - CIS processess didn’t all load and blocked me for now. It all lasted a few minutes, CIS icon in the taskbar appeared and internetz went back online, but, you know, this isn’t suppose to be like that. Restarted, same thing - I have to wait for it to load.
Also, Windows Security Center doesn’t recognize the firewall but everyone already mentioned that.

It’s strange, cause I restarted a couple of times yesterday after installing and it all seemed fine, but now after a good night sleep it doesn’t. :o

Anyways, uninstalling CIS yet again and running on M$ security programs only right now, waiting for this getting fixed.

Yup - pretty much the same for me, although not the ‘no internet’ message. Works fine after install, even with a few reboots - but shut down and start up the next day and it’s all gone again

6606 works fine for me, but nothing later and I’ve tried and tested everything!

Hi Shoonay and all,
Yes, seems security center integration is the only blocker for now and we will be addressing following week.

Thanks for all the feedback, highly appreciated.

Thanks
-umesh

Thank you umesh. :slight_smile:

This build starting using up one of four CPU cores again after several hours on Windows 7 SP1 x64. I made three minidumps with approximately a minute in between. I have uploaded them to my One Drive. Drop me a pm for the download link.

Just to confirm what others are saying. All of these 3 betas have all shown the Windows Defender and Comodo Antivirus is not running messages wrongly on startup. This is so on Windows 10 x64
Version 10.0.17134.191 (and the prior cumulative update to 191). I notice in process hacker/task manager there is only one instance of cmdagent.exe running…

This looks like a real bug for many of us.

K this new beta version also prevent Msi Afterburner to start after reboot…

Does adding the executable of MSI Afterburner to Disable shellcode injection detection for these applications make a difference?

I deinstall beta, but had the same problem in version 10 after a registry clean up it starts again…

Could you try what I suggested? It may help to identify where the problem is and may serve as a workaround for you at the same time.

Ok; adding to the exclude; only the exe. or the whole folder or even both?..

Oh and btw does comodo create in the windows folder a .mlf file (Cpepmon.mlf)? I google it but found only the Cpepmon.“sys”… the Cpepmon.mlf was huge over 50gb but maybe it is something diffrent CIS says file is clean… deleted it and now its smaller(but it grows).

You can start with just the executable. When that doesn’t work try adding the whole folder.

Oh and btw does comodo create in the windows folder a .mlf file (Cpepmon.mlf)? I google it but found only the Cpepmon."sys"... the Cpepmon.mlf was huge over 50gb but maybe it is something diffrent CIS says file is clean.. deleted it and now its smaller(but it grows).
CIS doesn't create this file.

!ot! Cpepmon.mlf may be related to the Cpepmon.“sys” file that you found information about. Did you find out what the Cpepmon.sys driver is for? I would be at least a bit curious.

There still seems to be a problem with unrecognised files. Time to time, I see few files added and upon lookup those files show as files not found. Many uninstalled application files are showing up out-of-the-blue and upon lookup these are marked as ‘file not found’.

Not sure what the issue is.

Clearing out 15K “unknown files” in the last stable release, I hope this issue is fixed in this version.

Hey guys

It’s my first time using any Beta versions of COMODO.

Do I need to uninstall the current one to install a new version or is it all automatic? I’m on 6632 now, do I need to fully remove this version to go to 6644?

Thanks

toquinha,

You have full control over it. You can uninstall and install from installers or automatically update from current version to beta by doing as suggested by Umesh at the start of this thread (or click below). Please see the screenshots at the beginning.

https://forums.comodo.com/beta-corner-cis/comodo-internet-security-v11006644-beta-t122482.0.html;msg879397#msg879397

Thanks.

But from Beta to “release”, will I need to uninstall the beta to only then install the release version?

Cheers

Not required. It will get updated automatically

This version will be getting rid of the safe files labeled as untrusted bug right? Cause WOW are there a lot on mine haha.