Comodo Internet Security v10.0.1.6294 (Hotfix) Released

The end of the month is the 30th so it can come between now and then depending on if any blocking issues come up.

To prevent unknowns from running at startup before CIS GUI is loaded enable the HIPS setting ‘block all unknown requests when the application is not running.’

Hmm… From the Help:

Selecting this option blocks all unknown execution requests if Comodo Internet Security is not running/has been shut down. This is option is very strict indeed and in most cases should only be enabled on seriously infested or compromised machines while the user is working to resolve these issues. If you know your machine is already 'clean' and are looking just to enable the highest CIS security settings then it is OK to leave this box unchecked. [b](Default = Disabled)[/b]

After Install Windows 10-1703 integrated windows10.0-kb4040724-x64 patch ,can enter the desktop, but after installing the comodo firewall, Import configurations that were previously available for normal use ( hips use the crazy mode), the results can not enter the system desktop.Show all black. Nothing。C: \ Program Files \ COMODO directory has been backed up。

Those warnings are there to scare off noobs from borking their systems by unwisely enabling this setting.
If you already have your whole boot sequence whitelisted, and you know how to boot into Windows safe mode in case of emergency, you can enable the setting. I have done it, and lived to tell about it…

I updated MSI Afterburner together with RTSS and after system restart CIS decided to block dozens of safe applications. And this list kept growing even after I purged it.

Are you getting HIPS alerts for these applications? What does the HIPS event logs show for these applications? Are these applications rated as trusted or did they get changed to unrecognized?

After several experiments: the following C:\Windows\System32\ApplicationFrameHost.exe and C:\Windows\SystemApps\ShellExperienceHost_cw5n1h2txyewy\ShellExperienceHost.exe set to: Allowed program.
Change to firewall only, restart the system, and then install the anti-virus software.now all ok.

Nope. See screenshot. Still trusted.

Is RTSSHooks64.dll listed in the file list? If not what happens if you add it to the file list and set the rating to trusted? I’m guessing comodo is preventing unrecognized dll injection into executed applications.

edit; can you provide download links for the exact version of afterburner and RTSS that you installed.

It wasn’t at first because of update to newer version.

Here is the link: http://download-eu2.guru3d.com/afterburner/MSIAfterburnerSetup440Beta17.rar

Windows 10 Pro 32 bit 17004.1000 :-TU

What`s the big idea?

I’m very excited for the new version. Is it release today or tomorrow?

We will be releasing CIS beta today.

:-TU

Here is the beta link:

Please try out.

Thanks for all the patience.
-umesh

Error when launching “Virtual Desktop”
Windows 10 Pro x86 17004.1000

There are no problems with ‘Virtual Desktop’ on Win7 pro SP1 x64.

Is there a reason why Website Filtering is not working?

Thanks for providing a Beta for testing. I will, however, not try it as I don’t have a test system available, not to mention that I don’t really have to time to do that. I’ll wait for the release. Until then, updates of CIS will be restricted to the data portions.

Regarding the beta release notes:

• “2. Automatic Update Download and Installation in Critical Situations”. Please make sure that this will also work in paranoid settings for HIPS and in cases where cloud lookups are disabled. My current strategy is to set HIPS to training mode until the system comes back up after the update. This seems to avoid black screens where some component for a proper desktop startup does not seem to get enough rights to run. Alternatively, one could “automatically trust all file updates with Microsoft signatures”. Please work out that one very thoroughly.

• “5. Trusted Root Certificate Scan”. I don’t want to trust those certificates Microsoft or anybody else recommends to me. I don’t trust anyone. Only the files explicitly specified are trusted. This feature sounds very useful to check against revoked/removed certificates.

• “11. Detect shellcode injections Exclusions”. I hope you are testing this also on systems running Cygwin. There are most obscure settings I have to make to allow Cygwin to work.

Looking forward to the release :slight_smile:
–j.