Comodo Internet Security v10.0.1.6294 (Hotfix) Released

Hi,
We are planning to have a beta version out in last week of Sep, 2017.

Thanks
-umesh

Hi, my firewall updated to this version

Now Windows 10 is unresponsive. I have to Uninstall to get working (I created a thread in firewall help) just thought also report it here it corrupts everything on my laptop. Complete freeze and no programs or start button will open. Or come with error that I don’t have permission.

Have to use windows firewall for now :frowning:

Well, thank you for the quick reply, but there are several Mondays coming (and some have passed). I have not yet heard from anyone… except CIS is faithfully asking me every evening whether I would like to update again…

Is there a way to tell CIS the update was successful, so it won’t ask again and again? Any magic registry key to set to a value indicating the currently-installed build level?

Cheers,
–j.

Hi gandalf94305,
Seems team is still waiting on your response for following request:
https://forums.comodo.com/news-announcements-feedback-cis/comodo-internet-security-v10016294-hotfix-released-t120447.45.html#865417msg865692

Thanks
-umesh

I have Firewall installed on six machines. Five detected and installed the upgrade without a problem. The sixth one still hasn’t reported that upgrade is available for download. Should it have been detected by now? If so, should I just go ahead and either force the upgrade or install manually?

This particular machine wouldn’t upgrade for the last hotfix (upgrade installation kept failing) and I had to install it manually even after deleting all the installation temp files etc.

@sergey.grechko: I will do that some time today.

Thanks for getting back to me!
–j.

Manually installed. After successful installation of 10.0.1.6294, I got notification that an upgrade was available (similar to other reports on this thread). However, note that I never got this upgrade notification while running CIS 10.0.1.6258. Please let me know what information you’d like to me capture to help diagnose the false upgrade notification popup.

I’m sure it has to do with ISE. First check which version of ISE is installed in control panel programs & features and tell version number. Then follow these steps:

1) Click 'Update' in CIS UI. 2) Before click 'Yes' in opened window, please navigate to %programdata%\Comodo\Cis\Quarantine\Temp\TempFiles\Comodo\Installer folder, copy ise_installer.exe file and add it to archive#1. 3) After that click 'Yes' and wait for finishing updates. 4) Reboot your PC, navigate to %programdata%\Comodo\Installer folder, copy ise_installer.exe file and add it to archive#2. 5) Send collected archives to us for further investigation.

ISE isn’t installed. I only have firewall installed. Could that be a problematic scenario?

Hi, j94305.

Thank you for replying. We will wait requested files from you. Also we have sent you a personal message. Please check it.

Kind Regards,
Sergey.

Hi, lindend.

Thank you for provided information. Your issue is under investigation. Please take a look your personal messages.

Kind Regards,
Sergey.

Hello dev’s, i have the problem that comodo updates all the time? Like an evil loop?

I get the same update everyday. Dont know whats up?

First a prompt that a update is avaible and then a reboot (as usual, nothing weird here), after the reboot, i get the same thing again.

About says: v10.0.1.6294

My windows 10 x64 version is: 1703 (OS build 15063.608

Hi, fungus303.

Thank you for reporting. I replied in personal message. Please take a look.

Kind Regards,
Sergey.

@sergey.grechko:
I have found time to perform an update just now. The file I found in the first location is attached.
After reboot, the Installer folder under ProgramData\Comodo is empty. There is nothing in it.
In CIS itself, the file C:\ProgramData\Comodo\Installer\ise_installer.exe is listed as an unknown file, so it looks like it was there and was executed.
If I check for updates in CIS again, it will offer me to update once more.
The file ise_installer.exe is still in C:\ProgramData\Comodo\Cis\Quarantine\Temp\TempFiles\Comodo\Installer after my update check. Same modification date of Aug 11 as before.
Thanks for looking into this!

–j.

An update to my situation.

I waited for a time (approx one to two weeks) and manually did a windows update. Note that windows OS was up to date when the firewall update was done. The result of this manual update being that I can now startup chrome and firefox on this machine. It seems that there was a windows module that was not updated to the required level for the firewall update to operate smoothly.

It has been noted before that Microsoft does not provide all updates to all (Win 7) machines at the same time. Guess its to limit fallout when one of their updates backfire.

I am wondering if it might be prudent for Comodo to ensure their updates check for the required prerequisites before proceeding with the update. That is to check each required windows modules are at the required version before updating.

Judging from the virtualbox error that I got before updating virtualbox it was somewhere in the protected memory subsystem that a conflict between the updated version of the firewall and one of the modules in the windows OS which Microsoft in their “wisdom” had not updated in a portion of the windows 7 OS out there.

@frank622, I have paranoid HIPS, custom rule firewall settings and some other specialties to make Cygwin operate properly. No Windows Defender, no SmartScreen, no Windows firewall.

It seems that Windows manages to run some minor updates with these settings, but most other updates fail (like the update to build 15063.608, like Office 2013 32bit updates, …), so I have to run them manually. On systems with SSD, enough RAM, decent-speed Internet access, and a reasonably fast CPU, that’s ok. Setting the HIPS mode to “Training Mode” before rebooting helps recognize some updated programs which would otherwise not be able to run properly with enough rights as I don’t see and cannot respond to pop-ups asking for permission.

Second, the automatic updates during the night usually run a copy (!) of DISMHost in a temporary directory. In paranoid mode, I have no way to allow DISMHost run when I am not attending the respective computer (e.g., because I am asleep) to deal with alerts of HIPS. I could exclude Windows temp from HIPS checking (kind of counterproductive) or set HIPS mode to training before I go asleep (also not really the best idea), but neither approach is viable.

Third, when files are updated, their signature changes. It seems to me, when I then “Purge” my rules, permission rules for such updated programs will be deleted and I have to re-confirm them (they will appear in the “Unknown programs” list). It would be nice to assume that programs explicitly specified in the HIPS, file rating or firewall rulesets have that status… maybe rule purging should simply be a filter on the view of all entries to more easily re-certify the status of these entries (so, “purge” would only show programs missing/updated, allowing the user to delete those missing and confirm/reject those updated).

There is something fundamentally wrong with the interplay of Comodo and Windows Update, and it seems to me that the Comodo team has not yet fully grasped the implications and how to deal with this situation of both, automatic, nightly updates and major upgrades of build versions. It should be possible to support the update lifecycle more smoothly and less error-prone - leading to less black screens after updates.

Cheers,
–j.

Hi, j94305.

Thank you for provided information and attached file. We will check it and let you know results as soon as possible.

Kind Regards,
Sergey.

Installed Windows 10 1709 Insider Preview, CIS works correctly.

Can you check if active connections under view connections tasks works? e.g. use web browser to watch a video from youtube and check if CIS can see the connection and traffic transfer.