Comodo Internet Security v10.0.1.6286 Hotfix RC

do you see CSS installed in Add/Remove?

No - it’s not shown there

To do a clean install of the RC - I uninstalled CSS, ISE and CIS.

CIS re- installed fine, but didn’t install ISE or CSS
I installed ISE and managed to update it to 94 manually using the installer in C:\ProgramData\Comodo\Installer\ise_installer.exe
CSS just will not install at all

Seems broken installation case and thus CSS can’t be installed.

Any workaround? Complete uninstall (which hasn’t worked as yet)

‘Scrubbing’ the Registry of SecureShopping?

Let me see if team has any ideas considering we do not yet have uninstaller for such cases.

Hi,
Could you please kindly check CSS version, you can find the version at the path below at on regedit:
(For 64bit OS) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\ComodoGroup\CSS
(For 32bit OS) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ComodoGroup\CSS

The attached is all that is shown on my system

Thank you very much for the feedback, could you please help do the following investigation:

1. Is the any CSS folder on your PC: E.g.C:\Program Files (x86)\Comodo\COMODO Secure Shopping
  2. Is there any CSS related dll file in the folder: ‘css*’.dll or ‘*css.dll’ or ‘css.dll’ Note: * represent any string. E.g.cssbho32.dll,cmdkbdcss32.dll,cssguard64.dll
  3. Right click mouse and open Property->Details. The version number appears like the one in the attachment.
  4. Please check if you have the CSS installation file of the version found at step 3. You could double clicked on the installation file to repair or uninstall the CSS.

Please contact me if you still have issue.

Many thanks!!

No luck - I’ve searched everything; every drive / folder / Registry - the lot

All I have is the CSS Installer file C:\ProgramData\Comodo\Installer\css_installer.exe which doesn’t give an option Repair or Uninstall

It runs to 85% and then gives the same errors (looking for an .msi file)

I’ve tried everything I can think of!

Adding on from that - I found the .msi file in the Temp folder under R:\TEMP\comodocss_temp_setup, but using that still gives the same errors

Hi,
Could you please help check the following key in your regedit:
Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ and search shopping, you will find the key in the window below, and you need to change value of SystemComponent from 1 to 0, by doing that you will be able to see the Comodo secure shopping in the Programs and Features list. Secure shopping can be uninstall from the Secure shopping list when it is visible.

How to proceed?

Hi Jackie

Unfortunately, I don’t have that key anywhere on the Registry!

If it doesn’t always happen then it becomes harder to diagnose the issue. You can try adding audiodg.exe to the shellcode injections exclusions or any other process that manages the audio (Creative audio service, etc) to see if that helps.

@Ploget have you tried running the Microsoft program install and uninstall troubleshooter from here? Or the Windows installer cleanup utility?

Hi Futuretech

I hadn’t tried the Installer Cleanup, but I just did . . . it showed both the versions of CIS (6258 and 6286RC), so I removed 6258 - but still the same error

I’ve run out of ideas on this, so I may well try removing all Comodo(s) entirely and clean it thoroughly before re-installing again in the next couple of days

audiodg.exe to the shellcode injections exclusions

Bullseye! Thank you! :-TU

Please check out final RC v6292, scheduled to go live on 29th Aug:
https://forums.comodo.com/beta-corner-cis/comodo-internet-security-v10016292-hotfix-rc2-t120441.0.html

Thanks
-umesh

Hi Ploget,

Please use the attached bat file to delete CSS related stuff.

Note:
There are 2 options when you run the bat file. Please select option 1 to delete CSS related stuff and You will need to restart your machine when it is done.
You will not see the Secure Shopping shortcut when you install the CSS for the 1st time after you ran the bat file. Please try to re-install the Secure Shopping and it will be OK.
Please understand it is just temporary solution and we will optimize this in the future.

Well I tried all that . . . everything! Plus I uninstalled CIS; ran the Mods uninstall and wiped EVERYTHING Comodo from the Registry; every single entry found.
Deleted every Comodo .dll, then after reboots, re-installed CIS, but exactly the same error(s) when installing CSS - 85% and stopped, looking for the installer .msi file

CIS installed fine and up to Hotfix 6294 as did ISE (manually), but no luck with CSS. I have no idea what it finds of ‘older’ versions or why it looks for the .msi, but it won’t go any further