Comodo Internet Security v10.0.1.6223 Released

Hi seanwc101,
See the topic in the link below about viewing certificates in Chrome.
Browser Problems with Padlock

Kind regards.

Hi
For a very long time, the list of Symantec WebSecurity is loaded into the Content Filter.

After installing this update, my Avira antivirus is giving me a warning about lack of any firewall. Turning on the Windows firewall resolved the problem, disabling Windows firewall it and sticking with Comodo firewall only, will activate the warning again.
It was not the case prior to the lastest Comodo update.

See this thread

https://forums.comodo.com/firewall-help-cis/comodo-firewall-and-windows-defender-security-center-t119207.0.html;msg857348#msg857348

It is not the case.
I am running Windows 7. I had had Windows firewall turned off, manually, and for a long time. After installing the lastest Comodo update, Avira started giving me a warning about no firewall at all. Reboot did not help.
Manually turning on the Windows firewall resolved the problem, disabling Windows firewall again and sticking with Comodo firewall only, will activate the warning again.

Comodo doesn’t control the Windows Firewall. The warning from Avira is no doubt due to it not recognizing CF and seing the Windows Firewall turned off - it’s not really something controlled by Comodo

Also:

HIPS Rules are destoryed each time after system start.
CFW
OS. Win7 SP1 x64
AV: VSE 8.8 patch 8
Config: Proactive Security, Auto-Containment disabled, File Rating only Trust applications signed by trusted vendor enabled, VirusScope disabled, Miscellaneous all disabled
I went back to Preview v6217.
PLS. fix it!
Thanks!

@umesh
I installed latest version today and backups are still importing and working though remnants of previous remains, for example the word “sandbox” instead of containment. Also there are some bugs: if go to Firewall>app rules>edit and you want to copy the name, it doesn’t copy. Also in the containment>auto-sandbox the added apps logos doesn’t appear as image and when opening browser (which is running in sandbox) image logo on the desktop is blackened.
also in the containment>auto containment try to press to extend headline boxes many times and see what happens…
I also noticed that there is not cmdupd.exe anymore, so which app checks for updates now?!
Also there are more antivirus exclusions there: ?:$Recycle.Bin*, %WINDIR%\Prefetch*.pf, C:\Windows\system32\SearchIndexer.exe. I’d like to know why these places were added, if I may…what if virus masquerades as prefetch or SearchIndexer.exe?! I already removed ?:$Recycle.Bin* from exclusions…there is also C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security* there which also was in previous versions and I was always thinking that virus also might get there but if I remove that from exclusions Comodo will scan its folder and slow dawns as I understand…
Next, I read somewhere that ver10 alters video card driver…if so, has it been fixed? or should I reinstall the driver…
In Comodo help section I read that “Enable adaptive mode under low system resources” uses a lot of resource even on a modern computers…is this still true for a new version?

Hi white31,
Thank you for detailed feedback.

We will look into GUI issues you pointed.
Regarding all the exclusions you mentioned, they are merely for scan speed optimizations, when CIS is installed, none of those excluded places can be infected.

Even if you had malware before in those places as you gave example of SearchIndexer.exe, in case that’s replaced prior to installation of CIS, it won’t be safe and thus will be Sandboxed by CIS. CIS provides multi-layer of protection, it’s not a typical Antivirus where a simple exclusion can jeopardize whole system. So be rest assured. The default configurations are for best performance without compromising security.

Regarding video card driver and adaptive mode, i will appreciate if you could please point to related posts to comment further.

Thank you
-umesh

Thank you.
For adaptive mode I meant this from CIS help Comodo Internet Security Help Guide
“Enable adaptive mode under low system resources - Very rarely (and only in a heavily loaded system), low memory conditions might cause certain CIS functions to fail. With this option enabled, CIS will attempt to locate and utilize memory using adaptive techniques so that it can complete its pending tasks. However, the cost of enabling this option may be reduced performance in even lightly loaded systems (Default = Disabled)”.
For video card driver I think that was the forum post from new version release feedback but can’t find it now, sorry, just was wondering if something like that really oocurs.

What about cmdupd.exe? did cmdagent replaced it for downloading updates?

Yes cmdagent does the update checking and downloading.

I haven’t notice any signification resource usage by any comodo processes with adaptive mode enabled or any difference in system performance.

today I noticed that windows firewall was still active and running , with latest build of cis installed.

You have to turn off the Windows Firewall for the Trusted Network you’re on

ok thanks for the heads up / reply I did so inmediately :slight_smile:

I’m not sure why when I visit Paypal with Verisign certificate, ISE warns me potential breach Chrome - - → www.facebook.com. The certificate is originated from Verisign, not Microsoft Family Safety, yet ISE still warns me. And why ISE detect Paypal as facebook?

And how to access ISE? It seems like the only time I can access ISE settings is when the auto warning pops up. Otherwise I can’t tell where it hides. I hope instead of a separate app, ISE can be integrated into Comodo Firewall.

Thanks.

Thanks. I hope they change it back to how it used to be. Simply clicking the padlock and details to view the certificate. I don’t know why they like to complicate it.

Fresh clean install appears to be working well. :-TU
I also activated the DEFAULT Pro-Active Security profile and made a few tweaks to it, rather than importing my old dusty config file.
Only had to made a few minor revisions to the default policy and it appears to be working very well! :slight_smile: My old config file had a couple of conflicting rules (as a result of upgrading to new versions over the years) which I could not tell if they would cause a problem or not so I opted for a fresh default version 10 Pro-Active Security profile with a few tweaks.

Can you show a screenshot of the warning?

Hi seanwc101,

I'm not sure why when I visit Paypal with Verisign certificate, ISE warns me potential breach Chrome - - -> www.facebook.com. The certificate is originated from Verisign, not Microsoft Family Safety, yet ISE still warns me. And why ISE detect Paypal as facebook?

You may have URLs on https://facebook.com/… on paypal.com so while paypal.com filtering may be skipped, connection https://facebook.com may still being filtered by MS Family Safety.

Please have a look at enclosed snap, as i can see there are Facebook trackers present on paypal.com

Thanks
-umesh

Sorry, I am away from my home PC at the moment but I think umesh already cleared my confusion.

I think you’re right. I checked yesterday…Facebook is one of the websites filtered by Family Safety. No wonder…

File Rating is very weak. It does not autom. detect the folowing programs:
userinit.exe
logonui.exe
cmd.exe
winlogon.exe
Please fix it!
Thanks