COMODO Internet Security Bug in Win 7 64 Bit

hi.
I haven’t time for describe with Standard Report Bug Format!
but in this topic i described it and i recorded a film and uploaded in YouTube.
Topic:
https://forums.comodo.com/defense-sandbox-help-cis/problem-with-trusted-files-in-defense-t76453.0.html
YouTube Link:

Windows: Win 7 64 bit
COMODO Version: Comodo Internet Security 5.5.195786
i think that movie is rational and don’t need to describe.
but if you have question. i will respond.
I tested this bug in 5.8 BETA version too.
in 5.8 version this bug shows itself
thanks

mod edit: 3rd attempt [code] tags removed to make URLs click-able. kail

All of the bug reporting/recording here is handled by volunteers. As such, it is a bit much to ask them to watch your video, read your topic and then transcribe the bug report for you (which may, or may not, end up being correct).

The video is about a minute.
And it shows a security malfunction. (antivirus alarm, cleaning, find the file in trusted list after!)

OK, it is a potential bug but to me it looks negligible comparing to the “safe” malware scenario.
In your case, malware was cleaned first thus eliminating the cause of infection.

It would be interesting to see:

1. …is it still there after restart. CIS said that you have to restart PC for complete malware removal and you didn’t do it. Use Purge button to clean old entries in Trusted Files.
  2. …try to extract the file again. Let’s see if AV would detect it or not after it was placed in Trusted Files…

The question is, why did it get into that list? Paranoid mode was active. And this list contains usually two kinds of files: manually inserted files and digitally certified files from trusted vendors.
Why does pressing the “cleaning button” give this file the attribute to be allowed to enter that list?

IDK…it should be in quarantine…

hi
What’s latest news of this bug?
This bug reported to developer for fix in next version?

Can anyone duplicate this?

Is it possible that the archive was trusted?

Best wishes

Mouse

Can I re-iterate the request for a report in standard format.

This would allow people to replicate the issue, as all relevant settings would be specified.

We would very much appreciate it if you would edit your first post to create an issue report in line with the bug forum guidelines and format here. You can copy and paste the format from this topic.

To understand the reasons why we ask you to follow these guidelines please see below.

WHY WE ASK YOU TO FOLLOW THESE GUIDELINES
Bugs/issues can be impossible or very time consuming to fix if developers don’t have enough information to reproduce them. Since CIS is free, development time is limited. So if you want your issue fixed, please use the format below to describe it.

To avoid clutter, issues not described in the format below your post will not be moved to the ‘moderator verified’ issues topic. This means that the developers may not look at it.

Best wishes and many thanks in anticipation

Mouse

We really would very much appreciate it if you would edit your first post to create an issue report in line with the bug forum guidelines and format. You can copy and paste the format from this topic.

Thank you

Dennis

I reported a bug in Standard Report Format

Here is the link

https://forums.comodo.com/beta-corner-cis/comodo-internet-security-582066942075-beta-bug-reports-t76202.0.html;new#new

Thank you for your bug report on the correct board.

Dennis

Unfortunately we do need this issue to be reported in the full right format, and with all the information we have asked for, if we are to forward it to verified issues.

For the moment I am going to move it to the Orphaned/Resolved child board. If you do edit your post to create a complete issue report in standard format, and PM an active mod, we will of course consider moving it to verified reports.

The devs only look at the Orphaned/Resolved board if they have time, so please do edit the post and PM an active mod if you want it fixed.

Dennis

hi
BUG NOT Fixed!
and the first Affected is the COMODO Inc!
you think we need your attention? no. tha’ts wrong. you need the users attention to your product.
this is your product’s problem. undrestand?
and when we see comodo have problem, we change the our AV to others!