COMODO Internet Security Beta Wishlist [CLOSED]

1)Maybe a option to schedule a boot time scan, like in Avast.

2)Registry Scanning if it isn’t supported.

3)Maybe and integration into windows live messenger to scan files received through it, the 1 care safety scanner that you use with it is a pain and takes for ever to update.

[attachment deleted by admin]

+1 :-TU

I would like to have an e-mail-scanner for thunderbird and microsoft outlook at least.

You really don’t need it.

As I said, In-Memory Scanner is being built in - Adding another “Email Scanner” isn’t needed - Because when you receive a malicious Email and it hasn’t been clicked on or activate, It can’t do any damage - But if does get clicked on & activated, It will be Zapped! Because it’s true that malware needs to hit either the Hard Drive or Memory. We want CIS to be FAST & Efficient as possible.

We also have behaviour simulation & heuristics on the way too to be built into CAV3. This is only the Start.

Josh

I would like more extensive logging, like if someone disables real-time scan on a system i manage CIS for i can “track” what happend. Also think of adding “Manual scan” Profile “My Computer” started at … etc
Also true for changing parameters for Firewall and D+ (D+ has a little of it) but i’d like more :slight_smile:

Maybe with a slider a logging level “low/medium/high” ?

And also support for Server 2k8. :-TU

Disable/Enable AV on the systray icon right click menu.
Logviewer on the systray icon right click menu.

Firewall Wish,

A new option to “Alert” on specific traffic rules so not only Log on Allow/Block but also Alert.
This way you’ll get a Alert when some kind of traffic comes by you wish to be notified of.

AV Wish,

Display the database version number in the summary screen, there is no way to see what version of the database is running (except putting a sniffer under the update process).

This makes sense in theory… Plus with lots of email providers using SSL, intercepting the connection is harder. And I, for one, can’t stand those little tags that get appended to the emails – I want a program that keeps quiet until there’s a problem, not one that constantly yacks about how everything is going fine.

But most email programs store all your mail, or at least each folder, in a single file. What’s to keep Comodo from quarantining/deleting your entire Inbox? You can add the location to the “Exclusions” tab – but then how does your email get scanned at all?

Thunderbird has a feature to help with this problem:
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Download_each_e-mail_to_a_separate_file_before_adding_to_Inbox
If you enable this feature, each message is saved as a file, to give the virus scanner a chance to grab it before it gets moved to the Inbox folder. This is pretty good, but it doesn’t help if you get an infected email that the virus scanner misses, and then later the antivirus definitions are updated to catch it – you can still lose your Inbox that way.

Ultimately, I don’t think this problem can be fully solved unless you have an email program that stores each message in a separate file. In the mean time, though, what’s the right way to configure CIS to deal with this?

AV Wish,

An online lookup of the detected “product” details.
For the categories explanation what it does, Trojan, Joke, Spyware, Adware etc.
What files the virus creates and possibly a manual to remove leftovers and changed registry keys (damage cleanup).

+1
That was one of the reasons I liked Kerio you used to get a small ballon message on the screen when the rule was action handy sometimes.
Example If you had a block all rule you could set it to alert if you having problems, without having to go to the logs.
Dennis

Where do you think i got this from :wink: (okay i admid, our nice big checkpoints have it also …)

I have a related wish – I’d like to be able to have the current virus definition version and release timestamp written to a file somewhere – a log file or an ini file or whatever. This way, one could have a script that would monitor multiple machines and make sure they were all getting the latest updates.

In the mean time, it seems like you can check the timestamp on the file C:\Program Files\Comodo\COMODO Internet Security\scanners\bases.cav, to indicate when the last update was.

By the way, there’s already a file that show this info for the program itself – C:\Program Files\Comodo\COMODO Internet Security\cfpver.dat – maybe the virus definition info could be added to that file.

Yes, i think so too.

We need an e-mail-scanner and an e-mail-program that is able to store each e-mail in a separate file.

Andreas

This solution is based in a OS server, but, what about soho, companies who hasn´t 2003/8 installed? This feature is useful even individual user.

Sorry for bad english.

IIRC CESM is NET Framework 2.0 app and require the installation of MS SQL Server 2005 Express SP2.

It doesn’t require a windows Server OS though.

ATM the bundled CFP it is not configureble using its GUI but I guess it should be possible to use CESM.

Hallo,

V3 firewall alerts mimick the same V2 details.
Anyway the current dialog implementation can be confusing.

In fact regadless of the firewall alert level the action generated (allowed or blocked) will be different but the information described don’t mention this.

Only expert users of CFP know the relation between CFP alert level and alert rule generation.

I would like to suggest that V3 alert details should match V3 Firewall alert level or the user may be mislead.

Plus there should be an option to decrease the level of details a generated rule should have if the alert leve permit it.

So if an user has set a very high alert level clicking Allow generate the usual detailed rule.
But using dropdown enabled buttons, if the user click on the down arrow part of the buttons there should be a menu listing all the other alternatives for lower alert level settings. This will add much more flexibility.

So a very high alert level dialog can create default rules with protocol ports IPs and in/out details but there will be a chance to generate less detailed rules using ANY.

A very high alert dialog should have Five alternate rules (including the default one) an high alert dialog should have four alternate rules and so on.

Firewall wish:

Quick search box in “Computer security policy” and “Network security policy” windows. When you get one big list with entries it’s really hard to find the rule that is needed.