COMODO Internet Security 8.2.0.4591 is released!

I installed yesterday on my computer, I did the upgrade over the old version. All working very well, including a bug that I had reported has been fixed apparently.

Thanks guys.

My configs: Windows 8.1 Pro Full Updated

PS: Camas returned to work 88)

Any ETA on that?

Yes, exactly, my guess was CIS 9 or something like that, maybe 8.5, what i wanted to say is Comodo will bring it back, so no need to worry, they listened :slight_smile:

Problem for 8.1 fixed and verified . I will inform you regarding the updates.

For your information

Kind Regards
Buket

Hi Felipe,

Thank you very much for your feedback ! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards
Buket

Hello,

Right now we’re working on it , autoupdates will be available at the nearest time, I will inform you once it s OK.

Kind Regards
Buket

I warmly thank you.
Regards,

Yes, it is with the next major release V9.X :slight_smile: :-TU

Thanks to you ! Please let us know if you have any additional questions regarding the product. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards
Buket

Hey NiramX,

Beta version is planned for July.

For your kind information,
Buket

Thanks for the info :wink:

Hello Everybody,

We are all OK with the updates, you will receive the auto updates now. Please let me know your comments and feedbacks.

Kind Regards
Buket

I’m assuming you fixed just the update so those of us already on 8.2.0.4591 won’t get another update?

Edit: Can I also just say that the CIS alert sound actually blends in quite well with the other system sounds in Windows 10 TP 10130, in the past I’ve actually replaced the sound but I think I’ll keep it at default, at least for a little test run.

Hi Sanya,

Yes you are right. We fixed the update and the auto update will be for the built 8.2.0.4591 .

According to your votes , we have changed the default alert sound , I m happy that you like to use with Windows 10 :slight_smile:

Kind Regards
Buket

If I update from 4508 to this version, its small update or downloads the full installer size?

Thanks dev’s!

Updating worked without any problem - win 8.1 x64.

I had CFW .4508 installed.
I updated through GUI to the latest.
During install it gave a popup to enable Yahoo for homepage & search with options “Agree & Install” & “Cancel”.
I was little confused. I thought would clicking “Cancel” abort the install. I unticked Yahoo offer & was thinking now click “Agree & Install” or “Cancel” to continue the install. I clicked “Cancel” & install completed successfully. Guess if I had clicked “Agree & Install” then it would have asked me to tick Yahoo offer.
So I find the option purposely to confuse the users.

And why the heck Yahoo offer in upgrades too?
During install I already faced the offer & declined it. I accepted this behavior of additional stuffs & offers as install is one time thing.
But now with upgrades too I have to face all the craps & thats too much.
And I am sure there will be more craps with further upgrades like Avast.

Plzz dont go Avast way.
Hope to see clean Comodo software in the future.

Updated like a dream on Win 8.1 64bit. But no Welcome screen.

Update worked great! :wink:
Still, under Win7 x64 at least, I am able to kill cmagent.exe process with Process Hacker 2.36 r6029, when HIPS is ON, by right-clicking on cmagent process and selecting ‘Restart’. Killing the process in this case makes cmagent restart just after being killed, but “Restart” confuses it a bit - cmagent.exe process is killed and restarts in a while, but Windows (Polish version) thinks the process has its access denied, which isn’t the case.
Could you lock the access to CIS critical files, so NO program, even harmless one, can kill it? Even without turning HIPS on? Like Windows Defender on Windows 8.1 (latest updates causes WD to be impossible to kill with Process Hacker at least, I could not even disable the Windows Defender service at all - fresh installation of W81 with May 2015 updates integrated on a customer computer).

[attachment deleted by admin]

For me there was a tick-box and I just un-ticked it and clicked “Accept & Install” and it didn’t ask anything more and it installed the update just fine without changing homepage.

I do agree that these offers should be limited to initial installation and not updates. :-TU