COMODO Internet Security 7.0.317799.4142 Released!

Anyway of getting the CIS installer with the following file data that is not modified by Comodo?

Size: 220M ( 230403216 )
MD5: b03c6045711e56c4f9a48184462eaf84
SHA1: 3bc936a249e5a93b448e6faa275e6c0a995a0a51

Filehippo, Filehorse, or Softpedia? Anyone know?

[at]Netguy101

My installer is:

April 11, 2014

219.8 MB, 225129 KB and 230532272 Bytes

MD5: 2d9c79b2ac2f0fe0ceeb264215495241
SHA1: 65a5ab83de003b4612deec510b6e7a2b2a68f197

I can upload it, if you want it.

Don’t worry, I think I found that download here:

Seems like the download file on this forum post is different.

I would presume this is the correct conclusion :slight_smile:

As the one I have must be the original installer.

Of course this is good ! what is your concept ? no fix = great securised piece of code ?
If a team coders find anything wrong even if the release date was the day before, they have to fix it as fast as possible, this is the best decision to take with any kind of potential security issue, that’s how should work all people that release softwares full of bugs with some update once a year !
I don’t understand your position.

Why are you quoting something from 6 months ago? ???

Because I just read this topic yesterday and I see a lot of people complaining all the time as the version is a new one so what did you expect ? fo how long are you using comodo Firewall and how many versions did you use ?
I can’t even tell how many versions I installed since end of 2007 (the time I realized that I found probably the most serious team for personal users in term of security).
and since 2007, yes issues and bugs passed by a lot of time, and the team coders reply was never long to come.
I look at the other solutions i have that could replace comodo Firewall 5.12, but those solutions are not serious.
So i don’t understand why always oppressing the team coders each time there’s an issue on some application that’s probably the best one available for windows users. is it some kind of competition between people practicing this kind of judgment based on nothing that’s unbiased ?
I read lot of pages when new versions come out and it’s always the same song.
why ? you can always code it if something is not good or fast enough.
not you alone, but it’s a general proposition if people are not able to relativize and imagine the work done till now from this team.

(I’m not a fanboy, I have no money interest with comodo, I’m posting a 6 months message just because I can.
this forum allows people to tell their thoughts and no admin is acting like he’s the one to decide what’s allowed to say or not and when.
and that also is important to notice even if there’s no real link with the beginning.)

greetings
ailef.

Ailef, please don’t bring up things from a while ago. This type of remarks are more often than not a one off event.

In some way, it’s a possibility to create a bad reply from the man quoted felt attacked,
But in fact, I came yesterday and one of the first post i saw was this one…
I didnt notice the date of the post i quote but as it was about last release, wich is the actual topic…
okay it’s been said 6 months ago ? but what that means ? 6 months is the time for a post to become unquoted especially when it’s not objective in anyway ?
of course I replied because I thought "why posting a so negative comment for a reason that makes no sens ? "
you can’t be serious to judge that because it’s a second release so it’s not looking good.
why ? maybe I would never quote that if it cames with some explanation why it wasnt looking good.

anyway, I noticed your point of view about not bringing things that are not what is actually talked on the topic.
that’s also not bringing interesting info about the release.

greetings
ailef

Strictly speaking it is the responsibility of the user to look at the date. In the forum policy this is being referred to as necro posting.

of course I replied because I thought "why posting a so negative comment for a reason that makes no sens ? " you can't be serious to judge that because it's a second release so it's not looking good. why ? maybe I would never quote that if it cames with some explanation why it wasnt looking good.
The post and the replies to it had run its course.
anyway, I noticed your point of view about not bringing things that are not what is actually talked on the topic. that's also not bringing interesting info about the release.

greetings
ailef

There is not much news for the v7 branch with a beta of v8 live. With that in mind all one could expect there might be a maintenance release of v7. However I estimate the chances of a such a release very low.

I agree with EricJH, the time for replies has run it’s course, now let’s get back on topic :slight_smile:

Please leave moderating up to the mods or try to get back at ailef. This discussion is over. Please check your pm.

okay guys, from my side, I said what I had to say about something that is not a personal attack against Netguy101,
but I used it for example.
I feel sorry that people often start with negative analysis about something that had not even time to touch the ground before being denigrated.
I hope that my point of view is not considerated as just a desire to make trouble or give lessons to people.
that’s a real feeling I had and just a reaction about a rude and immediate position taken.

I will no more come back on that point to not feed any kind of offense people would imagine as my real intention, just i hope people can also understand my side view.

greetings
ailef

I did not see it as a personal attack but as necro posting.

I feel sorry that people often start with negative analysis about something that had not even time to touch the ground before being denigrated.
Are you referring to your post or Netguy's post?
I hope that my point of view is not considerated as just a desire to make trouble or give lessons to people. that's a real feeling I had and just a reaction about a rude and immediate position taken.

I will no more come back on that point to not feed any kind of offense people would imagine as my real intention, just i hope people can also understand my side view.

greetings
ailef

Next time check dates when replying. After a while a topic or post has run its course.

I just downloaded the installer for Comodo Internet Security several times and I see a problem. It may be nothing.

I always do a hash check of a download if it is available. Both the MD5 and SHA1 hash I get does not match what you list here. I get

MD5: e784c7394c653a003de646c2635e9dd1
SHA1: ccc5ddcf2251c7bef8ce967966751d0a1d5eae2b

Could someone have replaced the file on your download server with an updated version. I am reluctant to install software, especially security software, that does not pass a hash check.

It has been noticed and it did get updated:

You can also check the digital signature to see if it’s intact.

just installed cis again after a long time , but just to be honoust I am a bit dissapointed with the detection capabillities in regards to zeroday malware packs , the results really bring tears to my eyes ( in cis version 5 the av module was better in detecting malware imho ) also when I try to upload undetected samples to the comodo labs , I always get an error that the file could not be uploaded…is there going to be a fix for both these problems in the upcomming versions of cis?

Detection rates of zero day malware may vary with the day. Detection is a cat and mouse game. Detection rate does not depend on the engine but on what malware samples get received.

But coming to think of it one could wonder though if the problems with uploading is a disadvantage for Comodo’s detection rate. :-\

thanks eric for the quick reply! yes thats true what you are saying , but when I scan fresh packs ( from malwaretips.com ) comodo scores below avarage each time so I am getting my hopes up for fixing that upload problem , so I can upload as much samples to the labs as I possibly can :slight_smile: have been a user of AVG Internet Security for a long time , but ditched in favor of cis again , because AVG did give me instabillity problems again and again, now with cis installed , it feels like I have a complete new system :slight_smile: you do not even notice that cis is installed feels very light on my system 8)

!ot! Is AVG still heavy on resources? I always use the suite because I like to have things in one place. I could imagine using a different AV but never I stray from Comodo Firewall. I have been using it since Comodo Firewall 3 alpha and it always had my back.