COMODO Internet Security 6.3.302093.2976 Released!

Please create a new topic for this. I ask this because I want to concentrate on your issues and don’t want your responses to get lost in this topic. For that new topic please provide details about how much CPU is using and what is happening with the computer at those times.

Thank you.

Sorry, but I think it’d be useless, because :

[ol]- There isn’t more detail to add, CIS uses too much CPU, even when idle, that’s all

• When a topic is created about some bug, Comodo doesn’t seem to correct it, they must be too busy to do so
  • They weren’t supposed to work anymore on Comodo 6.X, but to prepare the Alpha/Beta releases of Comodo 7 instead[/ol]

Thanks for your suggestion anyway

Wrong. Additional details are needed in order to try to replicate it…OS/etc…
No Comodo handles all bugs but yes some of them take longer to be processed.
Remember there is a team working on v6 while some are on v7…

Well, it happens randomly, but even more when PC is idle, that’s all I can say about it…
Windows 8.1 Pro X86

I thought 6.3 was their latest build before working at the seventh version

It (cmd) takes up to 100% CPU usage in few minutes since PC running, and it continues during 3-4 minutes…

Well, it should be fixed this week.

Thanks!
Got your PM… :-TU

About time Comodo staff! ;D

Glad to hear it! :-TU

good news, we will wait

Finally !!! :smiley:

As Eric said on another thread, V6 allows developpers to push small updates…
See https://forums.comodo.com/general-discussion-off-topic-anything-and-everything/is-it-me-or-does-cis-gets-tons-of-tiny-updates-lately-t99814.0.html;msg722275#msg722275

After seeing the latest fixes, decided to give it another run, and all is well and smooth! Thank you! :-TU

Hi illumination,
That is good to hear, let us hope CIS continues behaving for you. :-TU

Thanks from Captainsticks.

I was huge fan of CIS and was recommending it to my friends and family.
Not anymore.
At least in Win8, v6 it was one huge disaster: system freezing and apps crashing. It took a year to fix 95% of those issues, but few still remained: Yesterday I tried to play Crysis 2 and Dead Island. They were sanboxed and crashed (and system’s crash reporter crashed too), but I expected it (though I can’t believe that after countless requests to auto-detect games and switch to game mode still hasn’t be implemented). But then I tried to alt-tab back to system and they crashed. Without any report form CIS. After I get rid of CIS, they started working OK again.

Sadly, v6 is STILL unusable for me.

I haven’t had any of those problems on my Win 8 machine and I never use the game mode. Everything I install works perfectly, even my older games that came out in the pre XP days. I have never had a single freeze or anything crashing. If you’re a gamer, you’re far better off running CIS at as close to the default settings as you can get. I recommend only changing two things. Bump up the Behavior Blocker to at least Limited (Untrusted is better) and turn off auto quarantine in the AV component. I would also make sure the firewall is in Safe mode and that creating rules for safe applications is turned off. Use the trusted lists and the cloud features fully as well.

I would also limit or eliminate other security applications. With CIS, most if not all of them are unnecessary and may cause conflicts. I only have the free version of Malwarebytes in addition to CIS and only run it occasionally as a backup. It never finds anything.

The Game mode in v6 does not work the same as in earlier versions and , at least in my opinion, is useless and not needed.

Still not fixed…

I also agree with Dch48 but, I am not a fan of Windows 8/8.1. As far as “eliminating” useless or not needed services. See "BlackViper(dot)com"to do a cleaning of unwanted or unneeded services on Windows.

It sounds like something is seriously up between your system and CIS v6. We could take a look at this in a separate topic which you could start in Install / Setup / Configuration Help - CIS and see if we can figure out what is going on.

When posting there start making sure there are no leftovers of security programs you had installed in the past. A possible left over can cause all sort of “strange effects”. Please run clean up tools for all security programs you had in the past. A list can be found here at the Eset website: ESET Knowledgebase .

Updated just yesterday and everything went smooth…

Have a question though…

Auto-Update Feature doesn’t download the program updates or is it coz of the settings for Prgram updates?
Coz yesterday at around 6:53pm my sis used my pc and Comodo updated itself to the latest definitions (wasn’t online for about a week so no updates whatsoever) and later when I logged in at 9:30pm and clicked update it obviously showed no Definition Updates but started downloading Progam Updates…
Can someone put light on this… How it works…?

If Program Updates are set to manual means whenever I click update it will download both defs n program updates…??

I too think program update doesn’t kicks in automatically.

Others experiences plzz…