COMODO Internet Security 6.0?

You are welcome, hope the info helped shed some light. :slight_smile:

Neednā€™t.
You may use such as notepad++ or any texteditor you like to edit your own configration file by comparising with the default 3 config files just copy , paste and save ;).

None! But thanks again.

I rather change the settings in the actual Comodo UI and then press save configuration and have the ability to edit via the UI and not using a text editor to edit the file etc.

Too much work around when there could be a straight forward option.

It is rather complicated sounding, but it will run your applications in a virtual environment isolated from the main system.
So for one example, if you are Browsing the web and you pick up an infection in Kiosk it will be isolated from the main system preventing any permanent changes or damage to the system.
Nothing will be permanently stored or logged on the main system, which in turn makes it great for privacy concerns.

Thank you Melih for your lightning fast reply.Iā€™m not used to make free compliments,but all i can say is that i do love CIS,and iā€™m feeling very frustrated because i canā€™t use the full power of it.And yes,i can really wait for the 6 version and i do want to test the beta.

Iā€™m not sure what CIS 6 is like, but you can do this in CIS 5. When you Import a Profile you can call it what you want. This way you can have as many Profiles as you need, activating each Profile as you need & editing them from the UI.

I suppose its not that clear and straight forward in v5.

Perhaps some rewording and make it a bit easier to do would be more handy and user friendly.

In my opinionļ¼ŒCOMODO will not add the feature you want because CIS becomes smarter than the older versions. The users donā€™t need to modify or add so much rules as they did in version 3.x. A texteditor or just the current rule edit UI is enough for user who wants to modify or add new rules. If COMODO add that feature,what I want to say is ā€œthe loss outweights the gainā€.

reverse infection? interesting can u give us any basic ideas on the concept

hahaha thanks for the quick reply, i hope v6 keep some advanced options as v5, i like to tweak it heavily at my taste ^^

Version 6.0 looks better than previous ones.
If I use it on a tablet it will be usable with touch, I think, especially the Virtual Kiosk under Windows 8 will be better. Moving around icons with fingers is the ideal situation there.

Itā€™ll be like having the iOS GUI on Windows ;D
I hope you donā€™t run into problems with Apple :wink:

Thank you for your wonderful program!

is 6 staying with the same product lineup or is it changing to fee based for all packages?

Of course it will stay free, Melih said so in his blog, everyone knows that ;D

Anyway, will in the summary tab (or however it will look like in the new version) for the firewall be a concrete value in kB/s for the internet traffic?
Because stating something like 100% for Firefox doesnā€™t mean anything, it can be 10 or 500 kB/sā€¦ the active connections window is rather messy and shows some of the information scattered, just changing the percentage to kB/s would be great.

I knew umbrapolaris would of said that :slight_smile:

Wow! looks great
Pro and amazingā€¦ . . . ā€¦ :o

+1000000000000000 ~ ;D

CIS has had a racing problem before. I guess where software can steal registers meant for CIS. There by hijacking the antivirus. I hope there's no way for pre existing viruses to do this in 6.

you install an appā€¦later on you decide this is malware or you donā€™t want itā€¦click on reverseā€¦as if nothing has happenedā€¦everything that application did (just that application) is goneā€¦

This function will make CIS almost 100% bulletproof.
:-TU