COMODO Internet Security 6.0.264710.2708 Released!

is cis 6 updated version more powerful than the earlier version of cis 6? ;D

is cce in cis 6 more powerful than the earlier version of cce? and if i install cce from cis6 then during the uninstall the cis6 do i need to separately uninstall cce?

does this version of cis 6 firewall work with the new beta version of avast 8? :-TU

Thank you, i reinstalled cis this morning, i hope every thing will be smooth. :slight_smile:
This last version seems fine, but one little problem remain, when i start my windows 7 sp1 32 bit, i open the folder with my pc game shortcuts, cavwp.exe scan this folder madly, rise for 40% CPU wear for 5 sec. Don’t know what to do, i don’t understand why comodo antivirus will scan so aggressive a follder that contain only shortcuts. Can anyone help me to solve this little problems? ??? Thank you all for your support, i come back to cis, and i want to be a happy cis user again :slight_smile:

Add this folder to AV exclusions ?

Hmm sound good, but for what i know .ico file usually don’t carry virus, right? Ok i will add this to exclusion, but this small issue should be also fix by comodo. :-La

It’s probably the application that the shortcut points to that is scanned.

Thank you for your reply!
Maybe who knows, any way I added to exclusion the folder that contains the shortcuts and it’s seems that the problem is solved(icons load instantly now, before the icons load slowly one by one after windows start-up). So av should not scan so aggressive a folder that contain only shortcuts, since I don’t have this problem with any others av on the market, the comodo av definitely needs some performance improvements. Hopefully that comodo will concentrate also in improving the av performance in near future. (:NRD)

I think the current version of Comodo AV is probably the fastest AV I’ve ever used. Are you sure the option Enable scanning optimizations is on? Maybe, even if it is on (default), it’s possible your installation of Comodo AV still hasn’t had the time to build the cache. A quick scan initially takes a few minutes, but the next time you run it, it takes only a few seconds. Maybe if you do a full scan of your computer the problem will stop.

IMO scanning the folders that the shortcuts point to is a good thing.

Yes is on. I did the full scan, rating scan, quick scan. But in van. This only happen on start-up, second time I open the folder all icons load instantly, but after I restart the windows the problem it’s still there. So if is the fastest version why this is happening?

You are right, but if the icons load slowly one by one, and cpu wear rise on 40% during the cavwp.exe scan this icons, every time I restart my pc, it’s very annoying :frowning:

Yes, it’s annoying. I don’t know why that’s happening, unfortunately.

I would have expected that the optimization routines would do something here…

But it looks like what Ronny posted before this post that the scanner is scanning the executable it is pointing to. That is where the icon originates from. And if the executable is large that takes time… :-\ Looks like there is room for improvement…

It looks like pretty much every AV software has that thing. Avast has it (although it doesn’t slow it that much), MSE/Defender has it too. Webroot doesn’t seem to slow it down though. I don’t think it’s necessary to scan every exe at that point, only when/if user launches it or selects it. After all, they’re jsut shortcuts to applications.

The best usefull scanner setting that i have with another antivirus is:
Decide what a kind of exceptions you want to have.
“Writing, reading, or executing”. 1, 2 or all 3.

If comodo has to have an antivirus, why dont they use these “reducings of resource hunger” that are not reducing the security when you have defense+?

For example:
A game folder where only new written things get scanned… A new virus has to be written.
(Or it gets blocked by defense+).

As i said in the past:
“(Another vendor)” antivirus is showing the philosophy of comodo more than comodo itself!

I have an antivirus as last line of defense. Or to scan things that enter. With a really low profile on resources.
I decide what runs.
I decide what can phone.

I like this philosophy. But i need another antivirus for reaching that. Strangely.

But why have reading and writing, when all that is necessary is executing?

in the comodo firewall 6 settings is a problem

i cant drag & drop firewall rules up or down as i could in comodo firewall 5.x and before

i have some network zones, some are blocked and some are not, i would like to put all blocked zones on top, i dont talk about the Blocked-Zones tab, i talk about the tab where i configure the zones…
i label my zones as that…

Blocked (Spam) Blocked (Popup) Blocked (Malware) Homenetwork Public Network Blocked (services)

in comodo firewall 5 i was able to order the list, (sadly) not automatic by alphabet but at least manually by drag & droping the rules to where i thoght they belong to
now in comodo firewall 6 i cant move the zone setings in any way, not manualy, not by alphabet

the same thing happens in the ruleset window where i can predefinie some rulessets
in this setting window i can move the single rules with a uggly button up and down but not per drag & drop
the sets them self are ordered by alphabet or reverse, thats ok

same thing with global rules, no drag & drop but ugly button

and again no drag & drop in application rules

drag & drop should be a “must be” functionality!

this and the whole new design is not realy a positive change
people were used to the old design and the old design did offer more functionality and was easier to understand then the new design

inovative or new would be a function to import blocklists or hosts
people ask for that since years

blocklist import/export
better rules editor

and i ask also for functions as in “hostsman” and its hosts server

and what do we get?
a confusing userunfriendly new design with less functionality

it was always normal to install comodo firewall on my pc, since years… and since the version 6 super design i am again open for new suggestions, so please solve this nonsense design soon or try to make it functional
plese

You dont understand the enormous benefit of this choice:
Every day i EXECUTE a game. The same game. It is safe.
But only once in a long time new content is WRITTEN!

Why should the same game get scanned all day, when all i have to care of is a new written virus?
Why do i have only one choice with comodo: Exclude totally or scan? I am not protected against new writings. Or the same data gets scanned eternally.
And i even can not decide if its realtime exception or scanner exception.

The detailed attempt saves 99,9% resources! And keeps protection on a very high standard (like untouched) with defense+.

Defense+ manages the executing permission.

I am safe. Scanner does what i would do myself. I would not jump higher or more often than i have to!

You see?

Perhaps you were unaware that since it’s inception, Comodo’s AV has had a mode called Stateful. This will ensure that your game files will not be scanned every time they are executed. In previous versions, the stateful flag was reset when the AV database was updated, so it’s conceivable that if you only run the game a single time a day, then all of the files would be subject to a scan. But with CIS 6, it has a more permanent cache state, similar to Avast, whereby a file will only be rescanned if it has been modified.

This is, in effect, only scanning a file when something new is written. The file is actually only scanned when it is executed, but this scan will only happen if the content is new.